Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Super Robot Wars V and X coming to PC/Switch

Silentstorm

Learned
It's also weird in that for a game with 2001 in the title, the most recent series is one that ended in 1989, i mean, yeah, they are classic Tokusatsu characters, but still, something more recent would have been nice.

It also doesn't help that the art style is kinda meh and the combat animations aren't that exciting all the time, oh, and Super Sentai only gets the very first team, they could at least have had JAKQ Dengekitai too since that team didn't have a mecha either.

Also, for having less known Tokusatsu heroes, they somehow missed Kaiketsu Zubat, also made by the creator of Super Sentai and Kamen Rider, and a show that Gainax of all things loved to a point that before Evangelion, Gainax's staff literally filmed themselves doing parody movies of Kaiketsu Zubat, it's also the kind of show where a weird...drag queen and a guy crossdressing as an old woman with a spear that throws explosive blades could be the villains of an episode:

Where's my Kamen Rider doing a flying kick at a man pretending to be an old woman, that's a missed opportunity!

The Decline

Arcane
You can also import physical disc from play-asia which is more expensive and probably takes a month to deliver. And it is questionable whether you can buy DLC or not. This is important because SRW T (the final part of the International series) have a post game expansion which kinda ties up SRW V X T together.

You can buy the DLC, but it requires creating a Singapore or Hong Kong account, at least for the PS4 versions. I also had to buy foreign PSN cards to pay for it.

Silentstorm

Learned
Yeah. The way to play the later games are by some sort of self imposed rules.

Mine is be as inefficient with money as possible. I will basically upgrade all of my units evenly across the board including weapon. And I always rotate the lineup whenever possible so I dont always use the stronger mech.
Even then, i imagine that in some games like SRW W, you still don't get the hardest game ever.

Anyways, for anyone here, what is one series you wish would appear in SRW or at least appear more?

While it's not my top answer, more Machine Robo would be awesome, because Rom Stol is great and any mecha called Vikingfu is a good mecha, though i will admit the other units are really lackluster, still, Rom Stol and Vikingfu make up for them.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyways, for anyone here, what is one series you wish would appear in SRW or at least appear more?

Eureka Seven. The anime is dead due to AO being such a shitshow, and it killed the series in SRW since SRW Z-3 as well. But there is already a proper ending to the anime and really, one fun thing about SRW are the fix-fics. Nadesico Prince of Darkness and Seed Destiny usually get the better treatment about this.

Now how about a series you don't want to return? Mine is probably Getter Robo Armageddon. I honestly dislike how edgy the show is trying to be and it affects SRW counterpart as well. I honestly hope Toei do a Mazinger Z Infinity treatment to Getter series by making a sequel to the original anime and ignoring the more edgy variants in between.

Silentstorm

Learned
Honestly, i have a soft spot for classic Getter as well and the less crazy psycho team too, so i wouldn't mind it, either that or starting to use the manga exclusive Getters, like, Getter Robo Hien ended in 2008 and that manga has the reveal that the Statue Of Liberty was turned into a giant fuck-off laser cannon and that's something i wouldn't mind seeing, even if Hien and it's pilots aren't as great as the classic Getter pilots.

As for series i don't want to return, well, i am gonna be honest, anything like Brain Powerd where most units just look the same and have pratically almost the same attacks, Nadesico also suffers from this in some games where the ship ends up being the coolest thing just because it's so different from the rest.

I don't want series with 3 or 4 units that are essentially the same until maybe the best attacks the units have.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I know its been months, but here it is, screenshot collection on SRW R Opening Misssion using RA AI Translation. Sorry I was on Pathfinder binge due to WoR kicstarter :oops::oops::oops:

https://imgur.com/a/Tibvr4d

Dialogue, in general, can make a bit of sense. As the translation is using Ztranslate website you can actually get the Japanese text from ztranslate and either use DeepL or Bing Translate (both are decent at Japanese - English translation) when some sentence doesn't make much sense

Because the screen is small and the translation is OCR based, sometimes the location name will clip into the dialogue.

In map conversation.

Your mech can change mode so that's what "retrofit" refers to.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Battle dialogue

Stats screen is messy because OCR can't really differentiate between rows and columns. So they just treat them as long continuous text

The weapon screen is the same.

Sprit commands actually have decent translation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom