Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Super Serious Scientific Analysis and Critique of BG2:SoA

Efe

Erudite
cant you just come out and say "hey guys i got a blog pls give it a look" instead of all this baiting?

Cael

Arcane
cant you just come out and say "hey guys i got a blog pls give it a look" instead of all this baiting?
I don't think that was the plan, Efe.
She tried to assert herself and then got defensive when Sykar called her out. In her haze of rage, she lashed out at anyone and everyone who posted in this thread. For example, all I did was so list out some of the special death animations of Fallout2 that I knew of and she went SJW psycho. When called on that, she tried to shift goalposts, retreat behind a wall of insults and threats and the like, just like a typical SJW. And when called on *that*, she started appealing to authority like your typical SJW when cornered, except she used her own works as that authority.
I don't know what university she came out of, if any, but it she does that university no credit with her referrencing skills.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
she started appealing to authority like your typical SJW when cornered, except she used her own works as that authority.
I don't know what university she came out of, if any, but it she does that university no credit with her referrencing skills.

Wow, what a load of rubbish this is.

And what "authority" would you prefer I cite for Infinity Engine RPGs, when I'm currently the most prominent - perhaps the only? - commentator for them and also have the most up-to-date and accurate/detailed info for people to read? For one example, literally no one in the history of IE RPGs has detailed BG1 vs. BG2, let alone in-depth like I have. Thus, since nothing remotely comparable preexists, I am justified in self-citation. As another example, if someone wants to know how ApR works in IWD, I will refer them to MY write-up on IWD ApR because there is no existent write-up explaining how ApR works in IWD, other than mine. What would you rather me do, cite the manual? ApR is not even covered in the manual. Google up some inferior public venue post as an authority? I don't think so.

You are an unreasonable person, pure and simple.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, but ok, whatever, I'll bite, Lilura.

Reading through your "aesthetics appreciation" article.

and the best part is? It's actually much bigger than it looks
in the northwest is the Planar Sphere, a massive area in itself
The Copper Coronet is also huge

So far all descriptions of aesthetics are "it's big hurrr".

Let's move forward.

This is where we solve the first part of the Skinner Murders. The Planar Prison is accessed from the theater below the Five Flagons inn[...]
The Shadow Thieves are based in the northwest and the Harpers in the southwest. Mae'Var's thieves' guild is central on the lower tier of the docks, where Edwin can be recruited after jumping through hoops.
[etc etc etc]
This is not aesthetics. These are dry and simplistic descriptions of what everyone knows.

You know there's a test to check for mental impairments where the doctor asks "what does the phrase don't put your eggs in the same basket means?". And a "special" person would say "don't put your eggs in the basket, what else!". What else indeed. You don't make a single transition from what you see into what it means, what it evokes, into any type of "aesthetics" analysis. The BG2 aesthetics are heavily derived from the Byzantine style. Any idea why, how, examples, how it matches with the music (particular choice of instruments?), anything? Nothing. Nada.

You call your articles "monocled", yet all I see is a child's mind obsessed with a game and writing literal descriptions of screenshots as "write-ups". They're not. You need to grow up.
i can't believe you fell for it though. when someone says: provide examples of better stuff than i wrote, he's telling you to read his stuff.

Cael

Arcane
i can't believe you fell for it though. when someone says: provide examples of better stuff than i wrote, he's telling you to read his stuff.

And adding to the "unique reader" count. He just got schmuck baited.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Why wouldn't you, though? And where is the harm in reading what I or anyone else has written? If you are going to claim that my write-ups aren't notable or of any worth, you should read them first and then cite better ones, if you can. But no one can.

No, he didn't. He just read a write-up. He probably learned something, too. How does me getting a hit on a post harm you, or anyone else? The write-ups are not misleading and they are open, honest, accurate, detailed and informative. My blog is also ads-free, unlike the 'Dex and other blogs of its kind. How can anyone be a schmuck for going to my blog? You are a pure idiot.

Reapa

Doom Preacher

Why wouldn't you, though? And where is the harm in reading what I or anyone else has written? If you are going to claim that my write-ups aren't notable or of any worth, you should read them first and then cite better ones, if you can. But no one can.

No, he didn't. He just read a write-up. He probably learned something, too. How does me getting a hit on a post harm you, or anyone else? The write-ups are not misleading and they are open, honest, accurate, detailed and informative. My blog is also ads-free, unlike the 'Dex and other blogs of its kind. How can anyone be a schmuck for going to my blog? You are a pure idiot.
i don't like people who spam links to their crappy blogs. if you have anything to say copy paste your crap into a nice new shiny post right here for all to see without opening new tabs for each self centered idiot who thinks he's got something to say but only on his crappy blog. imagine everyone making a blog for all their inane posts and then browsing a codex full of links.
there's something very basic you need to understand about links. it's a nuisance for the reader to click on them and he's not gonna do it unless he has reason to believe that it will be worth it. so if you want people to click them you gotta put more thought into it than "people, please click my links, i promise they're good". but click baiting is even worse. it insults people's intelligence. you can be fine with that and be happy about the few people who did get baited but you'll have to deal with some criticism from the rest.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Spoken like a true scholar, Professor Lilura! You are on the right path to become the number one poster child for the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Well, cite better Infinity Engine write-ups.
Most of the stuff starting from Dan Simpson's ancient guides onwards.

You really need to learn to:
1) write in a concise manner, doing without all the fluff (of course, then you'll have the problem of how much you would be left with, but that's an entirely separate issue)
2) give at least some semblance of structure to your text, so that it does not resemble a random bunch of notes
3) make a layout that is a bit less of a clusterfuck

If you manage to achieve this, all the tripe you have written may acquire some marginal value, at least in terms of ease-of-use.

Then, you'll be able to face the biggest problem of all, i.e., content: you seem to think that patching together or re-listing stuff that has been done a million time already counts as an original contribution. This will be by far the biggest hurdle you'll have to overcome. And bestowing onto yourself made-up merits is not going to help in that regard, nor is attaching pretentious labels to most mundane lists of images and locations.

And really, autistically patrolling the Codex in order to derail any discussion on the make by shouting "stop talking about this right now, I've already written some bullshit about it in my blog" is cringeworthy even for the most addicted to the dopamine rush of seeing the visitor count go up by one.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
i don't like people who spam links to their crappy blogs. if you have anything to say copy paste your crap into a nice new shiny post right here for all to see without opening new tabs for each self centered idiot who thinks he's got something to say but only on his crappy blog. imagine everyone making a blog for all their inane posts and then browsing a codex full of links.

It's not a crappy blog and they are not inane posts. Anyone can create a blog but if the content is no good they will be crushed by Google. That's why only a few people who have opinions worth reading, go to the trouble to create a blog.

How many Infinity, Aurora and Electron blogs are there?

there's something very basic you need to understand about links. it's a nuisance for the reader to click on them and he's not gonna do it unless he has reason to believe that it will be worth it. so if you want people to click them you gotta put more thought into it than "people, please click my links, i promise they're good". but click baiting is even worse. it insults people's intelligence. you can be fine with that and be happy about the few people who did get baited but you'll have to deal with some criticism from the rest.

Hilarious. I have never seen someone so fearful of links, tabs and other people getting hits, than you and that idiot, Cael. I'm surprised that you both aren't scared to death of the Codex, with its ads, vested interests, click-bait articles and donate button (none of which I blame them for, but you are a schmuck by that same reasoning).

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Most of the stuff starting from Dan Simpson's ancient guides onwards.

Please, those are walkthroughs and guides, not commentaries and retrospectives. And they are all out of date, inaccurate and written by a non-writer. I could cite hundreds of errors in them.

You really need to learn to:
1) write in a concise manner, doing without all the fluff (of course, then you'll have the problem of how much you would be left with, but that's an entirely separate issue)
2) give at least some semblance of structure to your text, so that it does not resemble a random bunch of notes
3) make a layout that is a bit less of a clusterfuck

If you manage to achieve this, all the tripe you have written may acquire some marginal value, at least in terms of ease-of-use.

Then, you'll be able to face the biggest problem of all, i.e., content: you seem to think that patching together or re-listing stuff that has been done a million time already counts as an original contribution. This will be by far the biggest hurdle you'll have to overcome. And bestowing onto yourself made-up merits is not going to help in that regard, nor is attaching pretentious labels to most mundane lists of images and locations..

I have no hurdles to overcome; I'm already there. Thanks for trying to critique my write-ups, but you are truly clueless of my content if you think it's unoriginal and of minimal merit (IOW, you haven't really read it).

Brancaleone

Liturgist
I have no hurdles to overcome; I'm already there. Thanks for trying to critique my write-ups, but you are truly clueless of my content if you think it's unoriginal and of minimal merit (IOW, you haven't really read it).

It's ok. A lot of people have to desperately cling to whatever they have left in their lives in order to keep going.

Just be a good girl and let the other kids talk about BG's at their leisure without throwing a fit every single time, ok?

Last edited:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wtf, people, we are back to that petty dick measuring contest about some random blog again? Btw, Lilura, you automatically lose in this so just give up will ya? ;)
And how did that happen anyway?

There are a handful of people who know the IE games to their bytes. 1. Lilura isn't one of them. 2. None are so full of themselves.

With the demise of the thin-skinned Qwinn, the only person on the 'Dex that knows more than me about the IE games is aVENGER. But he's a modder/dev, not a commentator.

Like I said, 80 monocled write-ups in a couple years - and a dozen in the space of a fortnight - speaks for itself.

You are but a diseased gibberling compared to the greatness that is Lilura.
Nice bait but just an answer to another bait. So why did anyone feel the need to reopen the issue.
Some of you are so pathetic, I don't have words!
I mean IF we have to derail this thread then at least with something fun like IE vs Fallout aesthetics and not this shit.
:decline::retarded:
:deadhorse:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It's ok. A lot of people have to desperately cling to whatever they have left in their lives in order to keep going.

Like you, who has only your mother's basement and a shitposting hobby.

Just be a good girl and let the other kids talk about BG's to their leisure without throwing a fit every single time, ok?

How about you get some sunshine and fresh air? For you, getting laid is a longshot but you never know, it just might happen if you find a straggler at the pub.

Btw, Lilura, you automatically lose in this so just give up will ya? ;)

I never give up, and I always win against shitposters.

well, if you are a professional blogger we should perhaps compare lilura1's traffic with IGN's

Never said I was a professional, and I don't have vested interests like mainstream news sites do.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's what I feared.
giphy.gif

:despair:

Brancaleone

Liturgist
who has only your mother's basement
wow, classist
getting laid is a longshot
ableist too

whats next, gendered insults? calling infinitron a jew?

I feel so oppressed right now, I cannot even. :D:D:D

Like you, who has only your mother's basement and a shitposting hobby.

As my 220 messages in two and a half years clearly show. :D
I guess you can add to the list of skills you should acquire 4) finding and processing basic information

Just be a good girl and let the other kids talk about BG's to their leisure without throwing a fit every single time, ok?

How about you get some sunshine and fresh air? For you, getting laid is a longshot but you never know, it just might happen if you find a straggler at the pub.

Btw, Lilura, you automatically lose in this so just give up will ya? ;)

well, if you are a professional blogger we should perhaps compare lilura1's traffic with IGN's

Never said I was a professional, and I don't have vested interests like mainstream news sites do.

All this inanity is not going to make your blog any less shitty, you know.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane

from one non-writer to another non-writer, some words have multiple meanings

for an example, some people are rewarded for their pointless ramblings and professional blogging. that's ign

others are just fart noise on the internet, that's forum goers

you are somewhere in between - all the (apparently rage-inducing) effort and none of the perks

(congratulations for that btw, maybe one day your blog can become a crpg handbook)

in theory, two of these honourable examples get to pretend to follow certain *drum rolls* professional standards

but when one just blogs, they get to call everyone cowards (perpetuating gender stereotyping), cocksuckers (homophobic), basement dwellers (classist) and so on while pretending they are above it all

while at the same time being above 'non-writers' who helped thousands of players during the age when those games were, you know, actually relevant

im glad i could help

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
(congratulations for that btw, maybe one day your blog can become a crpg handbook)

The cRPG Handbook is a puerile community effort cobbled together by an incompetent fool. I'm one person who focuses primarily on three engines; it is not the goal of lilura1 to be like the cRPG Handbook. However, I consider my blog to be more valuable and a better read than the twaddle you feebly try to defend (because you are of the Codex jerk circle).

while at the same time being above 'non-writers' who helped thousands of players during the age when those games were, you know, actually relevant

I think the amount of traffic I get proves that the games are still relevant. The non-writers wrote walkthroughs and guides only. There are no focused Infinity, Aurora or Electron bloggers of merit in the past. There were a couple of good dev blogs, but that's different.

Delterius

Arcane
The cRPG Handbook is a puerile community effort cobbled together by an incompetent fool. I'm one person who focuses primarily on three engines; it is not the goal of lilura1 to be like the cRPG Handbook.
I think the amount of traffic I get proves that the games are still relevant. The non-writers wrote walkthroughs and guides only. There are no focused Infinity, Aurora or Electron bloggers of merit in the past. There were a couple of good dev blogs, but that's different.
which is why i'm referring to you with the respect you deserve

you're no mere forum poster

you stand heads above those mere contributors of the past

lilura1 is the dark souls IGN of infinity engine commentary and people better appreciate it

all these kids spamming their opinions on the internet have nothing on your own self marketing efforts

we haven't seen such a Legend on the Codex since 1eyedking himself

why, that aesthetic appreciation post would make even him blush with your pinterest levels of commentary

never leave your home without the key Lilo, someone has got to keep the gate closed

nwn sucks

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
you stand heads above those mere contributors of the past

The expression is "head and shoulders", and you forgot the present and the foreseeable future. Watch my blog grow exponentially, and don't forget to rage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom