Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Superman by Rocksteady

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What about these ones?

I say one thing about these. They are amazing while you are listening to them, but you just as quickly forget them after they are finished. But the golden oldies stick to your head and will remember them forever. They are memorable. These new ones serve the movies in a great way, and I like them, but they will not be remembered.

Dexter

Arcane
This went really fast from "There's a rumor a Superman game by Rocksteady is going to be unveiled, is the gameplay even going to work?" to "They're totally making a Justice League game!" to "They're going to have to include these obscure characters and make them all playable, complete with entirely new fighting system, abilities, move sets, animations and more for every character and every new mission!".

Anyway, DC Universe Online is a good place to start if you want to see Flight, Super Speed and Acrobatics implemented in a Unreal Engine game and being somewhat fun in the Open World portion at least, aswell as a game with an awful lot of obscure DC characters packed into it.

Last edited:
This went really fast from "There's a rumor a Superman game by Rocksteady is going to be unveiled, is the gameplay even going to work?" to "They're totally making a Justice League game!" to "They're going to have to include these obscure characters and make them all playable, complete with entirely new fighting system, abilities, move sets, animations and more for every character and every new mission!".

Anyway, DC Universe Online is a good place to start if you want to see Flight, Super Speed and Acrobatics implemented in a Unreal Engine game and being somewhat fun in the Open World portion at least, aswell as a game with an awful lot of obscure DC characters packed into it.

Of course it went to "They're totally making a Justice League game!" fast, it's in the very first post.

This is for a planned Justice League game down the road. They had to nail Superman first.

It sounds like this is a dry run for a bigger Justice League game later. That is if the rumors are true.

Ash

Arcane
What about these ones?

You were meant to be one of the top hat-most monocled posters. Turns out you like modern superhero movies AND Rocksteady.
decline.png
Rocksteady's Batman games were pure gameplay decline. The combat and movement mechanics in particular (too much automation, simplification and easiness), but far from limited to just that e.g infinite see through walls power that every modern game must have.

Fine, I'll accept your right to don the monocle despite your flaws. We all have our guilty pleasures.

And if I hear one "but it makes you feel like batman" from the resident popamole lovers I will place a voodoo curse upon you, you fucking retard. Do you know what would make you feel like batman to a greater degree? Actually having to perform his feats and abilities with even a small semblance of skill. But I guess scrubs can't do that and that's why they appreciate the heavy automation.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
You were meant to be one of the top hat-most monocled posters. Turns out you like modern superhero movies AND Rocksteady.

Well what can I say. Superhero movies are pretty entertaining (well some of them). Also with as to due with the fact that when I was a kid my favorite cartoons were the DCAU ones wich IMO are still one of the best animated series that exist.

As for Rocksteady I never said I liked them, or that their games are good. I've only played Arkham City and Arkham Asylum, and got only half way trough City before getting utterly bored. In that regard Asylum was much better because it was so much tighter, and I think it also was more difficult (the enemies were more aggressive and dealt more damage, or it seemed that way).
However I am intrigued with this Superman game because I don't ever remember existing a 3D Superman game despite him being the most popular superhero in the world.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
However I am intrigued with this Superman game because I don't ever remember existing a 3D Superman game despite him being the most popular superhero in the world.

Only the infamous Superman 64!

Edit: still better than Rocksteady's games.

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
More rumors: Apparently Rocksteady is working on another goddamn Batman game?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ext-title-will-be-a-new-arkham-game/#/slide/1

Rumor: Rocksteady’s Next Title Will Be a New Batman: Arkham Game
October 4, 2018Written by Gerard Howard III

ss_88b07767c3d67b3d5be85fb27c97527770a98e7e.1920x1080-555x312.jpg

Following a leaked video of an alleged RPG set within the Harry Potter universe, some might have assumed that Rocksteady was the developing team behind it. According to another rumor that surfaced today on Resetera and various subreddits, the studio tied to that Harry Potter game is supposedly being developed Avalanche Software, which also happens to be a Warner Bros. studio. Rocksteady’s apparent new title will be another addition to the Arkham series, called Batman: Arkham Universe and will supposedly be announced at X018. For those that were excited about rumors regarding a Justice League or Superman title, it seems you’ll have to put that dream on hold for a while.

The whistleblower that dropped this hint also provided an intriguing amount of supposed game details for Batman: Arkham Universe:

• Release Date: Fall 2019
  • Current Gen: XB1/1X/PS4/PS4Pro/PC
  • Single player/Co-op/Multiplayer(specific modes)
  • Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood
  • Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through complete overhaul.
  • Gotham is now a “living, breathing city”
  • Set Time of Day/Weather(Rain,Overcast,Snow)
  • There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.
  • Main Villain: Court of Owls
  • Story takes inspiration from the different Court of Owls storylines.
  • Every character is available in free roam.
  • Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles
  • Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes
  • Game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.
  • Stealth segments make you work together
  • Parkour has been expanded. Characters move a lot quicker and more fluid.
  • Main gadgets are the same except for a couple new additions.
  • New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual
  • takedown to get them down)
  • Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)
  • Game takes place in the Arkhamverse, obviously
  • This is supposed to be Rocksteady’s true “last hoorah” of Batman games.
What sounds insanely cool about this rumor is the inclusion of multiplayer. What fans of the series wouldn’t want to explore Gotham and take on enemies together by being synchronized badasses?

But again, this is just a rumor. The prospect is certainly an exciting one, but we shouldn’t fire up the hype train just yet.

Deleted member 7219

Sounds incredibly shit, has to be a rumour. I thought Rocksteady were done with Arkham.

e.g infinite see through walls power that every modern game must have..

Actually I think Batman games popularized it. If I recall correctly wall hacks weren't used that much before Arkham Asylum. Could be wrong of course.

got only half way trough City before getting utterly bored. In that regard Asylum was much better because it was so much tighter, and I think it also was more difficult (the enemies were more aggressive and dealt more damage, or it seemed that way).

Nah, there are both more enemy types from the start and they attack more agressively in City. They actually attack more than one at a time sometimes! :lol: Of course Batman also starts with majority of upgrades from first game already unlocked. Overall I would rate City higher. Except for the fact that you cannot turn off stupid attack warnings, which first game on Hard did. In any case, neither of these games are very good, only "quality popamole" which means guilty pleasure at best. You certainly won't feel awesome by beating their challenges. I did have fun with first two, but can't even be arsed to try Arkham Knight now. Had enough.

Last edited:
Are you fucking kidding me? That was the only way to make the first game challenging in the hand-to-hand combat scenarios.

I think it only turns them off in NG+ mode by which you already have all upgrades so meh. No way to start from scratch with them off.

Esteban5XG

Literate
All my life dreaming of a sandbox's Superman Game. Not sure if they will make it as well as I imagine, but can't wait to play it.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
If it really is another Batman game then it would have to be a prequel to Arkham knight. If not then I'm interested in seeing if they come up with a very clever way of writing themselves out of the Knightfall ending to that game.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
If it really is another Batman game then it would have to be a prequel to Arkham knight. If not then I'm interested in seeing if they come up with a very clever way of writing themselves out of the Knightfall ending to that game.

Rocksteady also confirmed that it's done with Batman.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom