Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SureAI's new project: Enderal - The Shards of Order (Mostly about Enderal SE now)

blitzer

Novice
So far so good,

by now, my total playing time is about 120 hours, just after Nehrimise invaders sieged Ark, and I really immersed myself in this mod.

The developer definitely put a lot of efforts into creating this fantasy world mixing with a bit apocalyptic fiction. There are a variety of diverse landscapes, from snowy mountains, golden forest, tropical seashore, desolate desert, etc in Enderal, all of which are beautiful and vivid, I really enjoy to look around every corner because it's just so pretty.. But honestly when entering to Ark (the main city of Enderal), I admit I am a little disappointed. The city looks spectacular, but not so many NPCs you can truly interact with (especially Sun Temple). I guess this maybe because the developers short of resources (both time and money)? If so, such a pity.

The storyline is truly impressive. It is not a fairytale, and even not a epic heroic adventure, this is the story about human struggle for survival and full of sorrow and sadness. Particularly the main quest ”A song in silence” really made me heartbreaking.

Despite some bugs and minors, Enderal still is a great mod, absolutely out of question. From my view, I enjoy it more than Skyrim !

Anyway, although I do not know what will happen next, but I will keep my fingers crossed, hopefully my prophetess can still have an happy ending.;)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah the cities tend to feel a bit dead due to few NPCs actually having unique dialogue, but that can be blamed entirely on budget restraints of a hobby project and the need for full VA.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, it's incredible. I urge you guys to play Nehrim sometime too, if you can still stomach the Oblivion engine. Nehrim is super good as well, one of the best ever IMO.

Nehrim has even better dungeons than Enderal.

I really hope SureAI will make a game of their own one day, it would blow the competition out of the water.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah the cities tend to feel a bit dead due to few NPCs actually having unique dialogue, but that can be blamed entirely on budget restraints of a hobby project and the need for full VA.
Yeah,the cities and the whole world is great,but it do lack side quests. Most of the dungeons are pointless,yet hand crafted. They should have focused more on making side quests than big hand crafted and useless dungeons.

Gorn

Novice
Most dungeons followed the 'enter here - follow a corridor - here's the exit' pattern with variations here and there. I disliked that 'streamlining' a lot.

Ivan

Arcane
Nothing announced so far. I thought about them the other day. There's hints of stuff on their twitter, but nothing formally announced.

Sharpedge

Prophet
What is SureAI doing these days? They should take Unreal 4 and make a full commercial RPG.
https://old.reddit.com/r/enderal/co..._lietzau_project_lead_of_enderal_ama/d7lceiz/
Sadly it seems like this is unlikely :( There was another quote elsewhere (I can't remember where), where they said that it was long past the point where it was possible the team could "make it successful independently" as their team had mostly fallen apart. It seems that even if there is an Elder Scrolls 6, there wouldn't be a sequel to "Enderal" to accompany it. Its a real pity as this mod is the only reason I consider it worth buying skyrim.

vazha

Arcane
Almost as good in story/ worldbuilding department, the rest is down to whether you prefer oblivion combat to skyrim combat.

Also, pretty gutted to hear the team has fallen apart. Enderal and Nehrim are not just best total conversions but some of the better rpg games out there to come out in recent years. That assassin guild quest chain in undercity, my does it blow out of water Skyrim's entire content. Would have loved to see what they could have done with a pseudohistorical setting, like IVth Crusade or something.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Isn't Enderal basically the same as Skyrim? Still got terrible combat and progression. I gave it an hour or so and was already tired of it.
It's definitely got the Gothic pholosophy but it's plagued by the shitty combat engine. That's why I dropped it. JC Voice what a shame

Dodo1610

Arcane
It's still Skyrim but it gest better later when you get some talents that you can combine like: Throw an oil bottle -> Enemies trip and fall + use Fire arrow ability =explosion Stuff like this makes the combat really fun and adds lots of options, something that completely missing from Skyrim.
I played a warrior that to eat souls for healing and use mind control to let enemies kill each other. Shit like this is simply impossible in Skyrim, the balancing is also much better with less spongy enemies in the late game.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh well, at least they nerfed that skill in the vandal tree that regenerates health when wielding a two hander.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I loved the story and the quest design. Sadly, combat, stability and usability were subpar, but I blame the terrible base game for that. It would be very interesting how a stand alone game by SureAI would turn out as they are very competent and the love they pour into their projects is clearly visible.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Finding it hard to give a shit about them breaking up. I was excited for them after Nehrim but they spent (wasted) something like 20,000 hours on this and it still looks and feels like shitty Skyrim. If they just spent a fraction of that time making good combat and less of the shit that is the foundation of Skyrim (walking simulator, boring dialogue, crap quests, etc), then they might have had a decent game. They should have reused far more stuff like art assets, and focused on important things.

vazha

Arcane
Oh well, at least they nerfed that skill in the vandal tree that regenerates health when wielding a two hander.
Two-handers are still op as hell (not that I am complaining, best barb experience I ve ever had), I remember two-hitting a dragon in later levels.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Two-handers are still op as hell (not that I am complaining, best barb experience I ve ever had), I remember two-hitting a dragon in later levels.
Yeah, once I maxed out two handers earlier I had no idea what else to invest in.

vazha

Arcane
absolutely yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom