Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter SWERY's The Good Life - cat lady simulator from Deadly Premonition creator

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backed. It's not even about getting the game, it's about having more SWERY in the world.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Since the SWERY fans, all 3 of them (in the entire world) will probably be looking at this thread, and on the off chance that they haven't seen this (or if people are curious in general), here's a little interview-thingy by Toco Toco about the man himself:

Tehdagah

Arcane
The funding is going too slowly, only $268,136 so far. They got $682,864 in the first campaign, which is more than they are asking now.

Edit: they have more backers now but the donations are smaller. Maybe they should have stayed in FIG?

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Campaign is 2/3 over and they don't even have 1/2 their goal. Is there no place for madness in the world any more? :shittydog:
rating_negativeman.png
cat.gif

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I don't think that's really the case as much as this is a literal WHO project for most people and it's not ticking all the usual boxes crowdfunded projects go for. For better or worse.

Heretic

Cipher
So far the Japanese devs on Kickstarter have been scammers and/or lazy.
I hope SWERY bucks the trend.

I hope so, because I gave him MY MONEY!

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So far the Japanese devs on Kickstarter have been scammers and/or lazy.
I hope SWERY bucks the trend.

I hope so, because I gave him MY MONEY!
Have to agree on this. Pretty much every jap project I followed or backed has failed in some way.

Not really interested in this low poly cat simulator, just hope swery will get enough money out of this and return to making real games. Though frankly can't say any of his previous games were a success despite gaining a small cult following. Still, there is hope.

Zombra

Patron
Update #35

May 29 2018

The true challenge begins now! - ここからが本当の挑戦です
Posted by Yuya Yamada

We'll never forget how moved we were on May 5th...
We are so deeply thankful to you all, from the bottoms of our hearts.

The Kickstarter updates going forward ――

From here on out, we'll be posting updates once a month to make sure we keep you all informed and don't let you down. In the updates, we'll give you the latest news on the development progress and other items, so please keep an eye out for them!

If your Kickstarter payment failed ――

Directly after the Kickstarter campaign ended, we received many messages from backers who were experiencing problems with getting their payments processed. About half of the backers that saw their Kickstarter payments failed at the end of the campaign managed to fix their issues during the grace period.

Unfortunately, we still have backers that were unable to fix their payment during Kickstarter’s automated grace period. In order to solve this problem, we are preparing to set up a PayPal account where you can make your payment to us.

Once preparations are complete, we’ll send out a separate update to all backers who were unable to process their payments on Kickstarter. Please just wait a little bit longer.

State of Development ――

Three weeks have passed since the campaign ended.

Now that the campaign is behind us, we are doing many things that are not very exciting nor very visual. We’re managing our funds, rescheduling our production plan, looking at overall game plan, and deciding on what all we’ll realistically be able to include in the game.

But this is still a very important step in game creation, and a necessary one that everyone at White Owls and Grounding has gone through numerous times.

We’re sorry we can’t provide you with new screenshots this time. But we believe that all our faithful supporters will understand and continue to trust in us!

Stretch Goals ――

At the end of our campaign, we managed to gather funds beyond our initial goal. However, as written earlier, there are still a large number of backers who were unable to successfully process their payments.

Solving these problems is our top priority right now. Therefore, we plan to decide how to use the additional funds after we first solve these problems. Once everything is in order, we’ll prepare a report for you!

The BitSummit ――

We took the playable demo of The Good Life to BitSummi, Japan’s biggest indie event. We met with many people who came to the event to cheer us on, play The Good Life, and also simply to greet us as backers. It was a very important event for us in that regard.

Two great things about this event are that it’s centered around indie games, which is rare for a Japanese event, and also that it takes place in Western Japan, where White Owls is located.

With that in mind, we took part in this event not only to introduce The Good Life to Japanese indies fans, but also to support a very important event for the Japanese game industry.

You can find a few pictures of our Bitsummit booth presence here:

708ffa46fab66fe2e7bcd3588666336c_original.jpg

a03abf9d048c2973f12f20c5e2e56db0_original.jpg

0a52926563c6bd7805977767e278deca_original.jpg

98fff1af80d20c3c4e2dd4ceb5d3ecf2_original.jpg

63dac7349537a519434d40c1f34205f4_original.jpg

4e83c3439d583b699fcec4eb74eccd62_original.jpg

c9b592f83159051d11a66962a7d98699_original.jpg

See you next update (next month)!

9dc8384dbc753b2385b3a3745b557f2d_original.png

我々は5月5日の、あの感動を忘れません。
今も、サポーターの皆さんへの感謝のお気持ちでいっぱいです。

これからのキックスターターのアップデートについて ―― 

私たちは、The Good Lifeについて、これから月1回のペースでアップデートを更新していく予定です。
開発の進捗状況や新トピックなど、最新ニュースをお伝えしていく予定なので楽しみにしてください!!

キックスターターで決済がうまくいかなかった方々へ ―― 

キックスターターでのキャンペーンが終了した直後、決済に問題を抱えるサポーターの皆さんからの問い合わせを多くいただきました。問題を抱えたバッカーのうち、半分の方々は二週間の決済猶予期間のうちに無事決済ができたようです。
しかし、残念ながらこの猶予期間中に問題を解決できなかった方が、まだ、いらっしゃいます。
我々はこの問題を解決するため、別の方法で決済ができるようPaypalアカウントの準備を進めています。
準備が整い次第、アップデートで告知を行い、決済ができなかった皆さんへ直接ご連絡いたしますので、もうしばらくお待ちください。

開発進行状況 ―― 

キャンペーンが終わって三週間が経ちました。
私たちは現在、あまりビジュアル的に表現が難しく、そしてあまり面白くない作業に取り組んでいます。まずは入金の管理と制作スケジュールの見直し、そしてゲームの全体像と、現実的な実装内容を検討しているような状況です。
ただし、これはゲーム製作にとってとても重要なプロセスであり、White Owlsとグランディングがこれまでも、ずっと行ってきた必要な作業です。
新しいスクショが無くてごめんなさい。でも、キックスターターで応援してくださった皆さんなら、きっと理解してくれると信じていますよ!
SWERY

ストレッチゴールについて ―― 

私たちのキャンペーンは、イニシャルゴールの目標を上回る形で成功しました。しかし、前述のように決済に問題があるバッカーの方が想定よりも多く存在しています。
私たちはこの問題を解決することを最優先に進めています。従いまして、実際にイニシャルゴールをうわまった金額の使い道については、これらがすべて解決したあと、皆さんへ報告させていただきます。

ビットサミット ―― 

日本の最大のインディーズイベントであるBitSummitに体験版をプレイヤブル出展しました。
The Good Lifeを遊ぶため、そして私たちを応援するために、わざわざ会場まで足を運んでくださったサポーターもいらっしゃいました。とても有意義なイベントになったと思います。
また、このイベントのいいところは日本ではめずらしいインディーズゲームが中心であることと、White Owlsのある関西で開催されているということです。
そういう意味で、このイベントへの参加意義は日本のインディーズファンにThe Good Lifeをお披露目するということだけでなく、日本のゲーム業界の大切なイベントを支えるためでもあったといえます。

私たちのBitSummitのブース要素の写真はここで見れます。

それでは次回の更新(来月)をお待ちください。

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They have a publisher that I never heard of before (UNTIES, owned by Sony) and went on a trip in the old English country
cat.gif

The Good Life now has a publisher! - THE GOOD LIFE のパブリッシャーが決定しました。
Publié par Yuya Yamada (collaborateur)
Hello everyone! How are you faring over this sweltering summer?

This is SWERY, the director of The Good Life.
Today, I've come to discuss our publisher, which is a very important part of making sure we're able to send The Good Life out into the world.

UNTIES gave us their support from the very first day of our Kickstarter campaign, but as of today, they've decided to officially become the worldwide publisher for The Good Life. *applause*♪

OkiyF4O5JNpTXXStSggTQk-KBQ0Y3D5E2w43g-v8vY3cEGHdt9uS3TRCXfEMIb13Wp1uTUe89pcsMWqm_ksvzsWcquHEKMI9UZLUXB37cq_O40_sSJvxsRuUvLDQ3ho2Vd0_Mqk7Tg5BxMe66hoZp2iVVks6czJt8ceeWpKkzVXA_Ac3GALqdesYrHQj5DE0-h06hpxLilvScNyImrSvG3-KeYRSIl4gwM9tEUQyQFbpKh8YETQ8i3fFldbUt9dV=s0-d-e1-ft

THE GOOD LIFE Research Trip Diary
Art Director Noboru Hotta

Part2

Part 2 of the trip starts with us leaving the beautiful garden and trees of Acorn Bank.

After leaving Acorn Bank, we decided to visit the birth house of Wordsworth at Cockermouth.
I have only heard of the name Wordsworth, and I assumed he was a gardener. (In japan there was a TV show called Wordsworth garden)
He is actually a famous poet. Sorry of my lack of knowledge, people England. We arrive at Cockermouth and visit Wordsworth’s birth house.
22NsbeH7A-Q4U9Hk0UT5XOCp-iSi6bL_NCdywve8WVT0hWMUtlq9y2GlJcvBsRmepQJlLvdfiLPP0CJuxnptQn4-xx6Kp60jnYXhdK2iKGackrRDmrfOLO-V4NWfqbmL95r2oKvOlAB5JP_nQHvXB1g0Qu2rg9WotJoOlqu_BneE0bU6KsU3MsVM1IQ1UcxIenfHWZRil-YrNeAO614mztFI81GYod44BsbEeweKT-26BLNHJrU0HTwARhxbG2Og=s0-d-e1-ft

Once we arrived at the house, they were closed!
I was looking forward to learning about Wordsworth, too bad.
I’ll just peek in through the window.

iPyLDlDmEEsY1Hs_IXO9bjxWqwSblM8pLXHLMiDKxC0YNnY0BClHUPQvwc4SnD17gjiFCRcuSlX3CS53tD8nbZ3sSStmaQT3cqU5rJ9-UgUBtbtgJ8fVtnwlKlOxXlPSIFm7I2R3K2iqRdO8dI7GRyVuUAUl3TK4Zvd8HBY2zDsxl4ZjDxRAcGH93HCE-_rwQYunnY7d_GnJu7AdQgk3UmtlK513ogPovizY8cUh4_x5kc_pcEdZ8f1NyNTXd2UY=s0-d-e1-ft

So we decided to walk around the city of Cockermouth.
We leave the main street and into the alleys and through to the river.
As we walk along the river, we run into our first cat!
I love cats! I wonder if it only understands English.

rGdIJVhTqQeEqi6q16oV8ntKdqK-8LnDv_x29t_NkQDQNhsWH8VUtrEKnQqeB5U79Ip2Q6iIfYGL_sd-WNwgSICUtOHRuaTFL_a6BLUW-AUjJnFE0QJNWyNHXvbYYEB5v-lpj_dUjn-FQ7pvY5GuuknO3lgzI6uTILF-XdCu51ITyeVQzgxGIdazJOqFdo9cvRHPY6PqJrLywsqDQTIZFl7JfiX14snLT57gM4OQHE9AtRKPYyLQqKHoW0VqHzXm=s0-d-e1-ft

We say bye to the cat, and walk towards a strange tower and into the alleys.

1_RDhZjqRgoUZYfMjxFvBfdCevBmozv1i2Q5P4chRn8IvOgoZouB5NTBVLt9YwnRH1uESSyDuOZB7uz2YdRzmwhW-Y5UjnS3OUrhkNTKYkzq0tiWlgGzRJRH91sGVHU7pnXahy7OfcQae5vjneEtAhrEAdzZmIdc5mP-EV3iBZJIsjrOJRjukaMQ-4S9ciq3V4hwouh4rsQqPyDRo_zktADJWXz1q-eysIH1TLXVz00MTo3oj3qaAiPSU-RQyeRv=s0-d-e1-ft

Wow it’s a brewery! What a cool building! (Jennings Brewery)
I didn’t expect one in the middle of the city! What a delight!
https://www.jenningsbrewery.co.uk/

vfyiSU2JDIIwgiOL1pieNmc8zpxYIYErKuXDj-3sc8LhY8CvY26D2ZaMtRyXPjZilyEvYQSSVwBvP6C-_42K_20EXdQ-NDH9Uf-H8b-2RjFf7dHq_q_VJH48jGnd50ClMaLeD1XOU2TjDrJ5a3_s8IffUB3GDd9Ijy45gxjWq_54U2FZmrhRP0Xuru-3QM8N0n9uinMgsrHz2Dao8P7sfJ--SmGqovfpJGtVFVI2qbzeZS5U_MQiPdRdSKb-se2H=s0-d-e1-ft

I’m sure SWERY would have a drink if he was here.
We were thinking of having a brewery in the THE GOOD LIFE so this is great reference! (I would love to design and original beer!)
This building has so much character.

gm8II5j-QeNZioIeKHN5P-qldn_aPBQPVKWLLPCNgo3i-c5zkjcb0sbHkmJ8ZGDskEMG6EYioK4D20fJmWLcMEXwKeh7ORdWHjBmIDeifiPjLGTAQ8F1P_Mz2eNtcuCvj9Cr7-9hi21sMXSc9eDrBfay72BdsVFkiLmm3ZwONngjht6pKEpu2yoXFlhh7nXYKo9ITEnJWA-Fh4R4gAemyAu7uiPYWytDSIop9GaGFUMXoj-KL88jjueo7xYOxAIN=s0-d-e1-ft

We leave the brewery and head towards a church that we spotted when we arrived at the city.

xyNU-1h4m3OuAN6YMFXX0_jkjO9WakxfaMf1KaTRvfn6IELlfT7W3jrTvzknal_ZrYGbym8xScaUTyR1qItc_HAW_c5bVprOnbTv3WzukhoYBm6n3b93d4DZ3HQWnr8w8JReV7Osrzr0Pf1ZN_y5TpesXH0ETtsc6Ctv8HLHjQxKFvtNDhZQ405rmqgry-34GgMWW960XvlAbKpazqtNkMRwGGUuT20lbMRcoZ6MLAIlgwNYJMnT-wjER0U-n4As=s0-d-e1-ft

Yay! My first research at a church!

NT2IWph0xHqshoz4CaqTWJknU9ZdC-MmAC3ooUoRLvWLLmChaDVJoZWZHM_17DVhpjcRIU-wmRrDHyeCA0J6vXPoEVytFqaXMPehP93W-hwboW_fxyKTLtDik9yFtYt_Rj7BFKqvjFXIn0R5In9XkR-3w_pynlzKKkKrIrf5frA4IEAPs0EjjcBDPZQ4hZsnRGc78ty0xDzhfAdIpitjDesHgwrFfXBtGgBQtga3zj-uOBqs136lgFRrl_FpteuD=s0-d-e1-ft

First, to the graves! So we enter to the cemetery behind the church.
I’ve only seen them in movies so I’m exited to see what they are like in real life!
First time to really look at some graves…

3uBcMOwORuL4pHbuQSqh3yPQqg8FzsaV5tzE_QaPjsvE2XhWD3wFw8XP24JS62yPUSRy08ieBUn0ecOLLBhYrB9VqADxSc0PLHwOvsLaqlMkmYkjDL-1MTGZ-B5VJb8PgtKyz0NqqTkF3ZeY8S4MAasPw8G5tJEGyCUrZIJb__MkoqDgpHoZSSYNgMf5QX39NsoDWfEUKXSz0dDGAHmMuZM-4dtdN0XcI6qpRPpHyKgwu8UYgJn7YW_lJUiyMo7q=s0-d-e1-ft

WoW!! The tombstones are huge! I didn’t expect them to be this big lol
They really look like some zombies might come out.
I take some pictures while trying to not disturb the dead.
Please no creepy ghosts in my photos!
I’m glad I was able to see the size and scale first hand (Maybe they are just big here?)

_vuX2zukDrkQs0sbhriWqjJSGlrvSmh7PsPF-L3CRGx-FkQlFcpuXZ81ilm1_4fqLx5j_JUimvJuIy8TqDQRpBbuk0UcCWf2Wtt667I2IbDN4D9np-LzgNJcFEVxRd4q4MGm9MQR7Sh_O8aAvexnnlCipZsF4QJ1iXOm0U892-gWXu4Mud33pKwS3bpUgURcvpPfrL9WivJPDOJWOFPxVkglRc1r10dh9Tcg32TfdNiTe-l1WfUUNJxMtatTeCRU=s0-d-e1-ft

Now into the church
The ceiling is really high and it has a great atmosphere!
Although, it’s not exactly the kind of church for our game.
There are still plenty of churches, I hope I can find one that fits our image.
We pray for our safe journey and head back to the car.

ubfMjVM_6TBEI0ts0VAYrkNOWr22_nfpd5EZP4Dl3lfbuMDakQaBnbVdIqzV01ir70sWB93xsQFLi2FRX6w0-PKeD9g7QDBC18RAax6yX1YGzW8_A2HxXS02ULMxy5oztqDX04pbKTm_dGSRUGkqoMuaRhGPAz3MtSZ7el5MOTzI5KGLH9SGx0sprcAZf8tk3MjCzJDTtkwzYR0c7aBDId8Y1RQ9H3NqLIiw_byPlv8V51x8i8fTkdsqN-1lC7mc=s0-d-e1-ft

Cockermouth was really beautiful city.
Anywhere you look it was like a painting.
But it isn’t the kind of city for Naomi.

yUuN07FluZw_caDaOXW8VxVNOthQsdpdF2zuHnqpoD9014ZJwRnA6_Yx97rY5kJM-_0Uzlib_IlZtr6prsaWq-vUN4CPTNPudZ9_Vi63sKAPC4E8SUSXBNt6L_CX1zjIGYyEIFfh5Glw-3aCp-swozPacPb1p2YwqM_Rlb3eGsjS5n6Jpt70VeMXun0brG969fjVoVRcOi5BoVoGRP6eIXckxK1sfHsJNkqNRW3M9G1sPqXBlcr-D8q31EPS_EBY=s0-d-e1-ft

We were getting hungry so we went to the distillery, “Bistro at distillery” which we researched before coming.
Apparently it’s famous for its great food and alcohol.

yuN_Wn1DvDtEL3_WIBrN9rX2_3DU0IiAt8W_zJ6LHwTJ80C25FGVrPFePquJ-iSLQlmg1y9IHhtb2SaQy9J5JXTSdq_h24SGcZbJFH3dc7gtixU0Aju446qq8PsERJ79qm5vl71iu-9CiMvDcHcNnswdZA5TeB2TPv1MszG9pYsk3dgWyx0hGkC9omc8xvnXEPMx3l87XwzoFsXO4FeWgSNWnnsAZte3K_IlrUCdAHZFNCTbLQUxoXpHIZKK3o6Q=s0-d-e1-ft

We arrive at “Bistro at distillery”.
The exterior is fantastic!

X_r4ue45goToBKzUPW0WHKxwRy2L4UcSmiP2uAsXmYvAMe3lByHGQhfEvuQU8E3kBm0wOT0do8wFZ23nogI0Wpz_JKNDWH4KHhENEH5rf5unecMtvCj23wrlu9LHjH8mMFaPZEnhi-rdA6hLW530cz8B57K_c7jShKG5BXXBhEKBgN4q-ws-0Q91-oHRpkQfKkowt5RiNrJxTK4dsA1EhVywoC6CxupW-E7GDXdqsN15Xp9KsMvMhDOufBSzCCaF=s0-d-e1-ft

Now for our second English meal!
I pick the deer meat out of the many items on the menu since I rarely have a chance to eat it.

eOybd6biH2QY3YVGQ-o8WoVIqZjFv49dPGTAB_NbxHdHku_5RsmzRUkcmyhDs_CcLbVaNETficbB-kpEszm89bMui1P7qSRxrAh14jmW9NjoaQpt7Vj_nvPF4wr-FlrwSea50_CYoWOGX8iNCRhN1G4T6Yx5aa6KEPW4GLall__S1G1tVxV5WOINRMN-pZETzOkcKIceoTR0h3d_ZOMAOOSBYQSvpZ-KqTzZ4gP_o2QG--Yi4U9X4URiZC9GJzU2=s0-d-e1-ft

All of our orders get delivered to the table!
It’s so fancy! It’s definitely gonna taste good!
The layout is just great. It has to be good!

OzJH-ffZQvMqzNlcNLTr5CrVE-Y0LTZLvrJ0GNHY_EongsgGuJERj1lkofgO3dmSx_nEQHG-m_KTPWKMqcZezrfliA6ngPxR4QfR9VunUIRDbJNGhQuGyInJeTtLumjp0BsvXjjHCk731csAf9SfpNVb4BiCtsuONFCzH59Ulpo-XoudMdS9Y5xmE0kELfeCb3yuBq8ZRX7E6MmlZ8bLr-GGc0kVu2vWOc-bP3fcN0S1X-hg9a3aXxsYyQNvoYt7=s0-d-e1-ft

We all share our food.
It’s so good I could cry, wonderful!
The alcohol is great! And so much variety.
Futatsugi and SWERY should come! I’m sure they will!
(The planner team is planning on visiting at a later time)
Make sure to come here last.
The English food is so good! I love everything I’ve had so far.

sT-DLDLSVuB-so6wVxJuMXkfOhmqAPZKzx8Kt_W9_8xk16b9v69t9_S42BnZ7HWDVbgeEbWAUydQxD8ptkNty3JCbfKLrcONxEpVVUdx5wYgjfZjYapJQaercZ9zBuMOA2wt1KpR3QICAJfxEe7P9Zfsn3sD1U_enNb_S0SfzRpiQjyA5_lmGzfqKKKd-APbfoKrVQTpF6gE0po0ZCdlbRfySPRq3_vmdyWkFLJImAx_OX21G3zxo0uh3f5SsApL=s0-d-e1-ft

The sun is really bright, but it’s already almost 8PM so we are done for today! Just one more thing to do.

We leave “Bistro at distillery” and head to Ambleside on the way back to the cottage.
The last thing left for this day is “Let’s watch some football at an English pub!!”
Today was the Belgium vs France of the world cup! (I wanted to watch the English game but was a little scared so we watched the Belgium game)
We head to the pub rooting for Belgium who beat Japan!

DrAKX_QiWj2f-mIfzEFZ9K8QULCzTu9Nme58uOY7QGGGlKCOtAR1qcSSjXyFuo-U48iz7Z0APLDZvLnkkKdcHsDMhdqTCvVi9WWRCZ52ZVg5TThejU6_fIEuedMxSt51c3YbxFR3th9UIvn1STJyhGHLuvuxoL3o2GX6oRYC7SWuKRcW671ry0WxY8Miv2lt8WVeMSslzD1TZ6vd2wzqG9gFUGJ-l6j2u6je-hpYrmu3tRUUbR5e_phhorkjPvG4=s0-d-e1-ft

We enter the pub excited.
Inside there were some locals already watching the world cup.
It wasn’t too crowded though, and we were able to get some seats!
We order some local bear from the extensive list of beers and watch the game!
Not sure if we should root for Belgium, we look around to see who people are rooting for.
Looks like everyone is rooting for Belgium!
Everybody was pretty calm and quiet, maybe because it wasn’t an England game.
The lady at the counter as singing and dancing, I wish I was able to have fun drinking with the locals too.

Belgium ended up losing to France, but no one seemed angry so we were able to leave the bar in one piece (wonder what it’s like for England games…)
We were too scared to take pictures of the pub, but I burned into my memory.
I’m happy to finally go to an authentic pub! Wonder how many more I can visit.
It’s still light outside and it feels good! It’s great to have short nights.

QQ081d6aQPnt6o-0JLx2JxbId3FvC2YK7W3H_M39eLgidRnS6PyIPQyMeZM7ays2HicFBhkZ8MhW4UXrtAOUjN51PwcSqmTB36E_msXBXRhI3m-nQl2zM2Rd27xr8xN2WFn55P2CAKwxgitEWVJ7mPBFGvMdk46QzeszVDPXD4BjANTEjX3OtxTdvXYyZnszGghu45CwXOh68G5DqgC2IoJ-DaaDIZN6bACq94vS-l6svH9DZMtIfLM4Op_DnnXD=s0-d-e1-ft

As we return to our car, I find an interesting building at Ambleside.
There’s a small house on a bridge, apparently it’s famous.
It would be cool to have a character that lives on a bridge! (Maybe he won’t let you pass easily, like you have to have some tea with him to pass)
The building is really cool.

etFB46zz79HndeA1GsuXDlWxhqOXFjQikGd_iMK2U17RH7CHwvvRrefgUXD3h9D_TgzEKBF7Zi_Af9hOSWDNreG3i08INQE0LQBxG1b058v2Gge5-RNKs-tIiTxB3o1DuoG9vtI-UngGV03JvRcFiULYzcNxmHVIJX4R5bnkc5YPn0Drt53yDaXYaBex-5a_gin-blj1fKrZ4zobWTAlRWpgIkxbN4Qmm2nIxd_EeBLmVsEvRTS0cAbmAttoxx6N=s0-d-e1-ft

We go back to the cottage from Ambleside and talk to the art team for a while.
After walking around for a day, there are a lot of great cities, but they aren’t the kind of city Naomi will live in.
We all agreed that we want a smaller village type scene, like the one we passed while moving around.
So we change our schedule a little bit and decide to visit some smaller villages tomorrow.

Excited for tomorrow!

mmuO4lKiDzbOr-8kURqdk4pfOmtGeMfOR3y2mEAZQfOwPAR4es6K25RZNlLWXe8hWUsihT36PTPzZe1MfEx3c--8fGs5-PaoABycHNvTL8s08Hra8haff5nWNsnDc5dUvd_bV9qt4l30YPdodnNr9vPu-JBErRQprQke734dh-4okU7JNglf8WZAB41t0Z1Cdqy2ecOGeqHNi1MwS7SGp-417V--6mXvvX25eTR3sdzQXwFiTjlFq0vnQGo-Ka1-=s0-d-e1-ft

L'Montes

Educated
It feels like that's the hope of a lot of kickstarters. Show you can get enough "interest" for a regular publisher to pick up the rest of the tab. Still, I'm all for games that are a little bit different, and Swery has been that at least.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
kickstarters are mainly used to get attention and publicity and hopefully a publisher deal. this isn't my amateur opinion btw, just google the subject.

even games with secured funding are told to launch a kickstarter for the publicity (and obviously not to fully disclose that they have funding of some sort).

personally i don't really see anything wrong with any of this: as long as the platform is helping games get made, no matter if it's in a roundabout way, then it's fucking fine by me.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New update, with the follow up to the trip in England
cat.gif

The Good Life Development status 09/2018 - 9月の開発進捗報告です。
Publié par WhiteOwls_01
4 commentaires
21 mentions J'aime
Welcome to this month update. The development is going as planned, and with SWERY travelling and researching in October, we expect interesting stories to share in the update next month!

In this footage we take the bicycle for a spin in the game, and adjust the speed and camera. There are brakes on the front and back and is controlled with the physics engine. I’m sure we will have lots of different bikes to ride.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE GOOD LIFE Travel Diary Art Director Noboru Hotta

Part 3

Day 2

Today we travel to Near Sawrey.
Near Sawrey is famous for Peter Rabbits creator Beatrix Potters “Hill Top” house.
I like Peter Rabbit but am not a major fan, so I am not too interested in Hill Top.
We were looking for inspiration for Rainy Woods, a small rural town.
The first day we went to many places but none of them fit our image.
When we first passed through Near Sawrey I felt the closes to that image.

As usual we travel by car. The sheep have become common to us now and we don’t get excited by them anymore.
I was hoping to spot a deer on they while we arrive at Near Sawrey.

3735b85417ebee4b5fc154d7a233f099_original.JPG

I seem to say it every time but the view is great! The lake is small, the roads are narrow, the way the houses are laid out, the steep roads, its exactly as my image!

b2e433d08d1ffc1481012aa35c4e031e_original.JPG

ababde3b53e6061b962127c8d1564ac2_original.JPG

Rainy Woods image is a small rural town with only tens of people.
Not too many cars and surrounded by nature.
Near Sawrey is exactly that.

50376de58df81fb685d4a0771e13c981_original.JPG

d8a35fc7b9ded00cabb62d9e2f1002c3_original.JPG

So much reference material, I take a ton of pictures.
The view from the hill is also great!
We definitely need a place where you can look down on the town.

3818a83b324a06ab2156a5415c17c8f8_original.JPG

ae1446e33f718e88f396961e546b7c24_original.JPG

It still needs to be a game so we can’t just create this town, but even the details are great research, our art team walked all around the town.
There really are sheep everywhere.

95cdbaa06e5d3ee832a4cae34a0e2901_original.JPG

Next Hilltop, we head to Potters house.
We don’t get to look inside houses too much so we look around carefully.
The outside grass is great! What it would be like to live here…

ab389263eb8fa940d084be8d450cedfc_original.JPG

It is really small inside. Even smaller than Japanese houses.
Everything seems in hands reach. The ceiling is also low.
Not just this house, most of the houses that we have seen are small and compact.
It’s strange when there is so much land.
Everything is cramped together, the interiors have so much detail (it’s going to be hard to model)
The guide for the house was really tall, the balance with the room was great! (I really wanted to take a picture)

ab025c25a198f9acc9ab43c79eae206c_original.JPG

0d584b126c193b4f8c94418db473dded_original.JPG

We look around. Naomi will also have a garden, lots of reference.

9d2fcf4fa245a8f5e8167c147dfea8ad_original.JPG

The Hilltop area is really represented in Peter Rabbits drawings.
I’m sure fans would love to see this, especially Japanese girls.

09cb0826560131490bad2297f13c0eba_original.JPG

We stop at a café in the nearby hotel to eat breakfast and enjoy the view (Also great food!)
It feels elegant. I wish I could do my work here!

a204f958bbfe00249fc678a5f74c9b25_original.jpg

We leave Near Sawrey with lots of new ideas.
I want to see a castle, so we head toward Wray castle through Hawkshead.
We arrive at Wray castle! But it’s too big for our image.
We went inside,but it was too modern,
After looking around a little, we move on to our next location.
(The building and view was still great!)

9013af2e2de91cf2f919112b9f01b7da_original.JPG

Before heading to our next destination, we rest at Grasmere.
We get some ginger bread at the famous Sarah Nelsons.
The ginger is strong and it tastes good, so we get some to take home.

89cafc6243d980fefe16bc5878ec053b_original.JPG

I would look at Grasmere through Google a lot so it’s a little strange.
We walk around a bit, then move on to Rydal Lake.

Rydal Lake

53d53cd222fa9ea5ec58c7645d2c819b_original.JPG

It’s about average size for the Lake District.
Families were swimming, it looks like fun. I should of brought my bathing suit.
We look at the edge of the lake, and where the grass grows and we relax while we take some photos.
It’s a little too big. I’ll keep it in mind for reference.

ff1fe79a653762baf757f26c8ff0dc06_original.JPG

We walk around thee foot path.
If I had time and energy I could walk forever.
We need foot paths in TheGoodLife!

ef7776538ced594df9f25715b5342ef0_original.JPG

Our research is done for today!
I walked quite a bit. I probably lost some weight.
Today was the day of a UK world cup match!

How cool to be able to root for the UK on their own land! I bought a bunch of food and booze to cheer them on the TV, but I was so sleepy I don’t remember much of the first half…
Too bad for the UK. (Hopefully the streets won’t be on fire tomorrow)
Tomorrow is our last research day. We will head to the river and waterfalls!
Not enough days!

Last day

After so much walking and moving, it’s hard for me to get up.
I chug some coffee and head out for our final day.
I can’t believe it’s our last day.

First we head to a small lake, Torn Hows.
The Lake District has a ton of lakes, but all the ones I’ve seen have too big for our game.
Small lakes are hopefully “small”, so I’m excited.

We pass through some narrow roads and over many hills and arrived at a quiet little lake.
The view from the hill is great! It’s going to be great reference material.

81e1b22dc91b7d2e7d600c4022007f6f_original.JPG

We stop the car and look around. The size is just right and should go well with the game.
The size and qualities are also perfect!
Lots of interesting trees growing too.

64d92d0c83f7c54432ad95372c07b7e2_original.JPG

There are some free roaming cows hanging out nearby.
I walk around looking for interesting views and trees.
I walked so much I forgot how tired I was.
It’s going to be hard to try and capture this into the game…

f08add7fe59b1b6ff57f98d19a001161_original.JPG

ecd6d937abfc8c96db69bf267575fcfa_original.JPG

I wanted to walk all around the lake but we were short on time and energy so we decided to head on.

Next we head to Yew Tree Farm.
It’s been the set for movies and is famous.
The owner was not home and a small dog was on guard. (It gnarled at us)
We contacted the owner and he came by, but that little dog did his job the whole time (so cute)

2b4ff5a4a4a28e0a08a7658376ff1581_original.JPG

We ask about the farm, and take pictures of the tools and buildings.
The buildings are crooked and have a lot of flavor. There cats and goats around, I finally got to pet an English cat! (Don’t know its name)
Cats and dogs living together, like The Good Life.
There was a smalls shop next to the farm selling cheese and meat. Very cool.

c7afb99af2c90c105c3d6cd31a313d25_original.JPG

e61581d66c494c0f2b308f9b4b71cc36_original.JPG

We leave the farm and go into a café near the bridge.
It’s near the river so we can also collect reference material.
The café is really nice and the food is really good!
Really, everything we’ve had has been great!
The interior and the goods are similar to Tokyo cafes, but it’s all beautiful.

abd74a5480ac0fbaabc2c786b650a42b_original.JPG

18c576f2ef13510694e0545f03f171e2_original.JPG

We finish our lunch and explore Brathay River.
Brathay River is small and cure.
The balance with the bridge is great and is really photogenic.
Great reference.

da516882bb7f5180c47530a2f8eabda9_original.JPG

beabf0cfbbbc134f5dcf55b43ae2fcaa_original.JPG

Next we head to look at some waterfalls.

We drive to the location, the waterfall is at the back of this giant park, I don’t feel so good about this.

8f0781914091337ebf48ce35abd93b4c_original.JPG

As I felt, with a bit of hiking I fell I’m going to fall over.
After we climb a bit it’s in a small area. After so much climbing, the view is great.
I guess there aren’t many big waterfalls around here (there’s lots of hills)

4b0a9a883112e82ce95413a2dbef9e54_original.JPG

Next we heat the Buttermere Lake. Lots of lakes today.
We go through Honister Pass. There is a lot of mountains. The view has changed pretty drastically around here.
The view from the top of the hill was foggy and otherworldly.
The view is quite different from my image. It’s still a great view.

bd739bf1c8b3002a54b59f686596a203_original.JPG

We arrive at Buttermere Lake

1189224f9740ae799a8f6d5c008b9b56_original.JPG

It’s really open and beautiful! But, not quite our image.
Great to just look at.
It was really shallow, wish I could swim.

b3dacdcf21dcf69749fd461f841cea38_original.JPG

It’s already getting late. We have dinner at a pub in Keswick.
It’s really a pub, with a lot of alcohol! Very English and cool!
I finally try some fish & chips.
Yummy!! Not like I heard.
UK is famous for curry too, our staff was ordering some. It is good!

741ccc0205101721933823e173df831d_original.JPG

Today was our last meal in the UK, the restaurants, the grocery’s, the alcohol, all great!
I will go home and tell everyone. (Maybe London food is not good?)

b98c2fd779d3834177e907abaf3b5944_original.JPG

On our way back to the cottage, we stop by a lake nearby.
Hey! This is beautiful! I’m speechless!
The best lake was the one closest to us!

ae7431cb36aeb354fcb210a3834769b6_original.JPG

5e27d115c9807dbbd3202699b052c5d4_original.JPG

I need to use lots of this for the Game!
It’s a beautiful lake.

01385911805b6f25f06af3f258eafe5f_original.JPG

Now we are done! I am tired… so tired…
We really didn’t have enough time.
Got to see lots of beautiful scenery, eat great food, and had a wonderful time. It was so fun!
Lots of things you just don’t get unless you see them for yourself.
Thank you to the art team and guide!

Now I will go back to Japan and dissect all the photos I took and apply them to our art.
Lots of things I want to create!

We use the rural towns of the Lake District for reference, but this is still a game, we need to change and modify it to make it enjoyable!
Our production images should change from here on out, I hope you look forward to it.
This is going to be a great game! I am really excited!

Next the design team is going to travel, wonder what kind of adventures they will have!
Hopefully I can visit on vacation again and take it slow!

Travel Diary The End.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calling all dropped backers!

This is a message to all backers who were unable to successfully complete their payments during the Kickstarter campaign. Currently, we've sent out PayPal invoices to 90% of the "dropped" backers. If you've received an invoice, please complete your payment as quickly as possible.

The deadline for the invoice was August 30, 2018, but that's only due to a Paypal problem. We created all the invoices in July, but Paypal refused to let us send out all the receipts at once. The invoices were sent out in order, but by the time they all arrived, the deadline had already passed.

As of now, there's no problem with paying after the deadline.
Don't worry about a thing - just please try to complete your payments once and for all!
If you know backers whose payment didn't complete, let them know to check their inbox for the PayPal invoice.

SWERY is finally going to do some research in England!

Hello everyone! This is SWERY, director of The Good Life.
It's been a while since our art team went to do some research in England.
Now, it looks like I'll finally get a chance to go there myself.
I'll be giving a presentation at IndieCade, which starts on Oct. 19th in Paris.
Once I finish there, I'll fly over to England and do some research in the same area the art team visited.

I'm positive that this research will improve my vision for The Good Life and give me even better ideas. I'll be posting research updates on Twitter, so I hope you all enjoy them!

"The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories" Release Date Announcement

Hello everyone! Thank you for supporting The Good Life.
We're here to bring you another announcement since we know that you all support SWERY and White Owls.

On Oct. 11, 2018, White Owls is going to release "The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories".
It will be released simultaneously worldwide on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam (PC).
The price will be $29.99 (2990 yen).

dc1fa90cf2c4ac7c806dc865be62eeee_original.png

This will be SWERY's first new game in 4 years, following D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die. Please give it a try and see just what the White Owls are capable of.
We're sure it will help to prove that The Good Life will also turn out to be a masterpiece.

SWERY

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
manjushuri just un-eject your butt and get it over here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom