Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline Sword Coast Legends Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Infinitron, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    Track record. I have the feeling Bioware could design better combat if they didn't neglect it in favor of focus on story (which they have never been very good at).

Not me. I've been critical about some aspects of the gameplay of PoE, but also positive about some of the other aspects.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Looking forward to seeing all the grogs shovel this ugly-UI, ugly-3D, terribad rotatable camera, cooldown-and-collect-10-ooze-samples-fest down their gullets while saying "at least it's better than PoE."

Lol, Grognards.

^ Top  
  3. eremita Savant

eremita
    Because we're not talking just about the OC? But the whole package, including toolset... Bring me "NWN 2015 edition" and I. will. suck. your. dick.

^ Top  
  4. Axe Father Learned

Axe Father
    Oh, I've played it. Words fail to describe the disaster that is this game. It's so bad that even Sonic fans shit all over it, and they've been giving free passes to terrible games for over a decade now.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. kain611 Augur

kain611

I played it using an r4 card...sad to say but it was one of the better Sonic games until Generations came out. Only good if you don't mind jrpg's.

^ Top  
  6. Gozma Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Gozma
    This may well be up to 11% worse than other RTw/P 90 hours of filler games

there

^ Top  
  7. bussinrounds Savant

bussinrounds
    Yea, WotC....the ones who shitted on D&D lore in the first place. [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. Axe Father Learned

Axe Father
    Thing is, I feel a multiplayer oriented RPG like this can work, but why is it that they always feel the need to strip all of the narrative aspects out and turn it into a chain of MMO fetch quests? A game that uniquely weaves a narrative into a multiplayer setting would be interesting, but that still won't save it from the questionable gameplay mechanics these types of games always use.

^ Top  
  9. Avellion Erudite

Avellion
    Well, this ended up not being as bad as I feared.

Might be worth following. But the question is, will the encounter design be any good?

^ Top  
  10. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
    At least it'll be better than Daggerdale.

^ Top  
  11. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Because the way MP works as it stands is in many ways in direct tension with the way RPG story progression is designed. People have tried to address bits of it and always failed to make a big difference. One recent example would be Dungeon Siege.

Hopefully they reveal some concrete details soon. I presume / hope the video combat is on, like, 3x speed to try and make it look more exciting.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Axe Father Learned

Axe Father
    I suppose it's much more difficult to solve these issues than I give it credit. I certainly don't know enough to propose any solutions. That said, I am curious to see more, even if it's just to make even more sure that it won't be something I'll pick up.

^ Top  
  13. There's a lot of overlap between degenerate furries that love Sonic games and degenerate pansexual otherkin that love Bioware games. It was a natural move.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Multiplayer in games like these is just a marketing hook to net in all the 'gieb MP pl0x' mainstream tards.

^ Top  
  15. Ellef Deplorable

Ellef
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Any RPG with multiplayer is shovelware.

^ Top  
  16. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    BGII had multiplayer, so did underworld 2 if i remember correctly.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. btbgfel Learned

btbgfel
    Collect 10 ooze samples
    :keepmymoney:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Ellef Deplorable

Ellef
    BG multiplayer was just there to create 6 people for your SP campaign. Zero consideration was put into MP interaction in game development.

I would qualify my statement more, but you get the idea.

^ Top  
  19. Avellion Erudite

Avellion
    Divinity: Original Sin is shovelware?

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  20. Bonerbill Savant

Bonerbill
    Because some us faggots love the NWN series. God knows how many hours I spent on single player custom campaigns.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane

<3sRichardSimmons
    What the fuck is this shit?

This has got to be one of the most godawful announcements I've ever seen.

Any faith or goodwill they might have garnered evaporated as soon as they claimed to be the first time anyone has tried to implement GM functionality.

Word to the wise guys: when you're making a semi-niche product, avoid lying to your core demographic in the initial announcement.

Also, I tend to think DA:O is a victim of hipster hate and mostly gets a bad rap (or at least gets a bad rap for the wrong reasons), but anyone arguing that it delivered on its promise of a BG2 spiritual successor is either drunk, deluded, dumb, or all of the above.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  22. Ellef Deplorable

Ellef
    Ok fine, any RPG that put development time towards multiplayer options suffers for it. Did anyone play D:OS multiplayer? Did anyone enjoy arguing with themselves in single player? It would have been a better game without that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Shaewaroz Arcane

Shaewaroz
    In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
    "Collect 10 Ooze samples".

The incline is here.

^ Top  
  24. Grubba Arcane

Grubba
    I hope there's an option to turn off all the goddamn text and other shit. When I see a jumbled mess of spell and ability names it makes me think of newer MMO junk like WoW. Also...they couldn't have included a character sheet or inventory in all those screen shots?

So...this is next in the line D&D CRPGs with toolsets? UA, NWN, and now SCL? Hopefully the toolset isn't shit but an advanced version could make for a good DLC offering.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Tical Arcane

Tical
    [​IMG]

It's as terrible as you can possibly imagine it being, as if Sonic hasn't become bad enough on its own without Bioware taint.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)