Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline System Shock 1 Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
System Shock random thought of the day - if SHODAN doesn't know who the Hacker is and what he did (because Diego erased all the files)...how come Rebecca Lansing does?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
System Shock random thought of the day - if SHODAN doesn't know who the Hacker is and what he did

Er, doesn't she? She even calls you Hacker, in a rather memorable line.

As for how Lansing and co know who you are, maybe by matching you with arrest records from Earth or something. Arrested for hacking, sprung from prison by a Citadel Triop executive under shady circumstances, all hell breaks loose on the station - it's pretty obvious what happened.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Btw, copyright lines for SS2 store pages has changed to "©Night Dive Studios" from Star Insurance, presumably before SS:EE was released on GOG. They indeed "has acquired all rights to the System Shock franchise", I guess.

Yeps I just checked too, they now own the trademark. Also interestingly, they also have movie rights as well as merchandise rights (t-shirts etc...).

It is *very* interesting they did buy these rights, I wonder if they are thinking of possibly a System Shock 3????

pippin

So far they've mostly acted as publishers though, i guess they only own distribution rights. These things should be made public and clearly explained, imo.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
So far they've mostly acted as publishers though, i guess they only own distribution rights. These things should be made public and clearly explained, imo.
They made quite a number of alterations in System Shock EE. Doesn't it imply that they have more than just distribution rights?

Ivan

Arcane
Gonna play 1 for the first time. Which difficulties should I select for the 4 parts? Anything I should know beforehand? (got it on GOG)

Combat: Normal/Hard are both good, with Hard being pretty deadly if you want a challenge. Haven't tried lower.
Plot: Normal.
Cyber: This thing is bullshit that will aggravate you to no end if you play on hard. Choose from Normal/Easy
Puzzles: Normal/Hard are both fine.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Time limit is a bit contraproductive for a first time player who likes to explore everything, and the cyberspace is annoying as fuck. Set combat and puzzles to hard, rest to normal.

Ivan

Arcane
So I just started playing this. It's awesome. The music, the dark hallways with the little lights. Some questions though: are red items that appear in inventory (e.g. helmet, soda can, flasks) useless? also, is there some agumentation that I have activated that makes the UI point out things in the environment (e.g. secret door here, loot this body here).

IDK if this was scripted but when I took the elevator to the 2nd floor I got bombarded by like 10 mutants. LOL

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I recall the UI pointing out stuff like useful items and secret doors early on in Level 1, as a tutorial of sorts. It should stop soon enough. (It may also be tied to your difficulty settings.)

Yes, red items are useless.

While the encounter on Level 2 isn't scripted, it's set up to be a helluva fight. It'll get worse later on.

Ivan

Arcane
So I'm getting raped by the hitscan enemies, namely the hoppers and the advanced Cyborg Mutants. I can deal with the projectile enemies, but my shield does fuck-all against the others. I'm trying not to use my medpacks since they've been incredibly scant. Any tips? Also, should I be conserving ammo, or is this like RE2 in that I shouldn't be too concerned about ammo despite this being an action-horror

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom