Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tabletop and Boardgame Bundle Thread

Misconnected

Savant
There's also the DriveThruRPG 10th Anniversary bundles one and two.

Each bundle is $10 and each is definitely worth it if you don't already have the included rulebooks. Hilights include: Traveller 2300AD, Wild Talents 2e, Buffy the RPG, Primeval the RPG, and Wraith The Oblivion.

Alchemist

Arcane
For the Pathfinder enthusiasts: http://bundleofholding.com/index/current

A massive boatload of character options / class / race stuff from Kobold Press. Something like 18 PDFs if you beat the threshold. It sure is tempting but I'm tending more toward old-school lately so I might skip it.

Misconnected

Savant
It's a 10 year old game using a 14 year old system that very recognisably grew out of a 25 year old system. I realise it's not Chainmail, but as far as I'm concerned Pathfinder is plenty old-school.

Alchemist

Arcane
The previously run Stars Without Number bundle is being re-run now: http://bundleofholding.com/index/current

This is an OSR sci-fi game based roughly on old-school D&D game mechanics, with a lot of additions to support the sci-fi genre. Pretty cool stuff and just the core book itself is a nice meaty 250+ pages. I have a feeling they'll be adding the recently released Dead Names book to this bundle.

handup

Educated
It's a 10 year old game using a 14 year old system that very recognisably grew out of a 25 year old system. I realise it's not Chainmail, but as far as I'm concerned Pathfinder is plenty old-school.
It's an 8-year old game using a 12 year old engine that very recognizably grew out of a 20 year old series. I realise it's not Ultima.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Could someone recommend a monocle'd review of Ars Magica? I've heard it mentioned in a positive manner a few times around here, but I don't have a go-to PnP game reviewer or site.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bundle of Holding has a number of good deals now, most notably Paranoia and Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Edition.

They also have some books from the King Arthur Pendragon collection, which I've heard was an enjoyable series, though I've never owned the books myself.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm always really intrigued by these (and I've bought 3 of them), but really I just can't work reading PDFs into my routine. They're way less convenient than a .epub (or .mobi) or reading for enjoyment, and way worse than a real book for playing.

Of course I haven't played pnp in over a year now.

Well shit, now I'm sad.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Humble tumbled into tabletop realm, the Pathfinder bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/paizo-pathfinder-bundle

FREE
Pathfinder Player Companion: Inner Sea Primer
Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide

$1
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game GameMastery Guide
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Digital Beginner Box
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Player Character Folio
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Class Guide
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game GM Screen
Pathfinder Adventure Path: In Hell's Bright Shadow (Hell’s Rebels 1 of 6)

BTA ($16.47+ right now)
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea World Guide
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Strategy Guide
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Equipment
Pathfinder Society Scenario 7-01: Between the Lines
Pathfinder Adventure Path: Turn of the Torrent (Hell’s Rebels 2 of 6)
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Player's Guide

$15
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Magic
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Campaign
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Combat
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2
Pathfinder Adventure Path: Dance of the Damned (Hell’s Rebels 3 of 6)
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Poster Map Folio
Pathfinder Society: Year of the Sky Key Scenario Mega-Pack (23 Adventures!)

$25 (Shipping not included in price)
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Beginner Box (Physical Copy)

Alchemist

Arcane
Heh... I was just about to come here and post what LESS T_T did. Well done sir!

This bundle is an amazing resource, even if just to mine ideas for other versions of D&D. I don't even play Pathfinder much any more but I'll probably get it.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Well not bad I guess but I cannot play with pdfs, I need teh real books
You aren't helpless. Take them to a local printer and have them printed in B&W and spiral bound.
Better yet, upload them to Lulu.com as a "private" book add the cover art of your choice and get a perfect bound or hardcover printed up for cost.

I made a couple of soft-cover DCC RPG "player's guide" type books this way that only cost something like $10 a piece.

Last edited:
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Well not bad I guess but I cannot play with pdfs, I need teh real books
You aren't helpless. Take them to a local printer and have them printed in B&W and spiral bound.
Better yet, upload them to Lulu.com as a "private" book add the cover art of your choice and get a perfect bound or hardcover printed up for cost.

I made a couple of soft-cover DCC RPG "player's guide" type books this way that only cost something $10 a piece.
Wow, didn't know. The possibilities... DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD: .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom