Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tales of Illyria Series for Android

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Lhynn Thanks! Ep3 is going to be really great. It's almost what we should of made from the start as its going to be so extendable. The other games were not really able to be added on to because they had such clear endings.

At $1 we are selling around 1000+ games a month. But this has been barely enough to pay our writers to make ep3, which means me and my artist eat a big bowl of dicks ;-)

Lhynn

Arcane
:salute: Delivering incline is not easy.
Youd probably make more on pc, higher base prices and as far as ive seen a much bigger market for this kind of game. Not that i would really know much about this, Infinitron or tuluse know much more about this than i ever will.

Loriac

Arcane
:salute: Delivering incline is not easy.
Youd probably make more on pc, higher base prices and as far as ive seen a much bigger market for this kind of game. Not that i would really know much about this, Infinitron or tuluse know much more about this than i ever will.

I agree with you from a purely logical perspective, the android marketplace seems underwhelming for developers sadly.

However, the mobile touchscreen medium is pretty much perfect for this type of game; things like tapping animals / birds on the travel screen to hunt, the combat UI and so on are much better with touchscreen than mouse. Additionally, whilst the game might be a bit dull perhaps on a PC (you noted in previous comments that it almost plays itself at times), the presentation lends itself much better to a tablet screen where it plays more like an interactive novel or something.

I was really psyched for this game back in March, but I've been playing other stuff since then. So I'll buy this when its released, but I really hope it lives up to its extended time in development (whilst this was due to circumstances beyond their control according to the developer posts, it still sets up higher expectations when a game is delayed I think).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Theres a primal part of me that refuses to play RPGs with female protagonists, i just cant force myself to give a shit about her problems or whatever the fuck shes trying to acomplish.
Its not just me btw, this is the main reason most games go with male protagonist or character creation. Strangely this isnt the case in MMOs, where the vast mayority of female characters are played by males.
A certain wise man has said: 'I can only show you the path, I can not walk it for you.'

If you want to lose out on the better game because of some contrived reason, be my guest, you will only have yourself to blame.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Theres a primal part of me that refuses to play RPGs with female protagonists, i just cant force myself to give a shit about her problems or whatever the fuck shes trying to acomplish.
Its not just me btw, this is the main reason most games go with male protagonist or character creation. Strangely this isnt the case in MMOs, where the vast mayority of female characters are played by males.
A certain wise man has said: 'I can only show you the path, I can not walk it for you.'

If you want to lose out on the better game because of some contrived reason, be might guest, you will only have yourself to blame.
Aye and i understand that. ive missed on some allegedly decent rpgs because of this, but i cannot go against my very nature.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Loriac I think I agree with you that the game is better suited for the tablet experience. But with that said lots of people have played using an emulator and a mouse on a PC so I guess you can have some fun with it that way too.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Yes unfortunately when I made the game engine it was before and obvious choice like "Unity" was out. If Destinies does well I'm going to see if I can Kickstart the ports.

Loriac

Arcane
Anyone play Tales of Illyria: Destinies yet?

I bought it shortly after it came out, but had to stop using my tablet for the last 3 weeks - it was one of the nVidia Shield tablets that was hit by the battery recall; I just got the replacement yesterday, so hoping to catch up on Ep 3 now.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Tales of Illyria: Destinies is the #1 Android RPG of Q3 2015. Tales of Illyria is an open-world fantasy RPG mixing Oregon Trail and Choose Your Own Adventure.

http://www.hardcoredroid.com/the-best-android-rpgs-of-2015-q3/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ep3.littlekillerz.ringstrail&hl=en

Screenshot_2015-08-03-23-19-28.jpg

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I love these games. But since I've lost my Android tablet, I don't have any way to play them anymore. I'd really love these to be ported to Windows in some fashion. My touchscreen Windows tablet is dying to get a chance to adventure in Illyria. These would be an instant buy if they were available on the Windows Store or Steam.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I love these games. But since I've lost my Android tablet, I don't have any way to play them anymore. I'd really love these to be ported to Windows in some fashion. My touchscreen Windows tablet is dying to get a chance to adventure in Illyria. These would be an instant buy if they were available on the Windows Store or Steam.

You're in luck, there's a pretty good Android emulator.

http://www.andyroid.net/

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
You're in luck, there's a pretty good Android emulator.

http://www.andyroid.net/

I actually have a really good emulator that I paid money for (and is worth every penny) made by American Megatrends:

http://amiduos.com/

However, I found that all emulators of this type on my touchscreen device eat up memory and it isn't long before they outright crash. So, the experience isn't quite like running it on a real Android device, which is why I would buy all these in a heartbeat if they were Windows native.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
So, having finally gotten an Android tablet again, I decided to try to install Tales of Illyria so that I can also buy the other games in the series. Unfortunately, nothing I do will make the game install. During the download, it hangs at 0.00MB and eventually tells me that the download has failed. Anyone know why that's happening?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Couple things....

Make sure you are using latest from Google Play
You can no longer install to external SD cards
Turn off cleaner and virus apps
Try rebooting
You can do manual install

Email me at littlekillerz@gmail.com

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom