Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Technical Problem with FO

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
KERNAL32.DLL?
Whenever I do anything in the gameworld, this annoying little bug comes up.
Possible problems
A) I just uninstalled about 17 gigs of stuff
B) In my crusade, I accidentally uninstalled FO, when I installed it with an older, untested CD.
C) Ever sense, there has been the flashing KERNAL32.DLL.
I would like to think that I know something about computers, but this is ridiculous!

Deathy

Liturgist
Kernel32.dll errors occured with all of my installs of Fallout and Fallout2 when I was using Win 9x, but only very infrequently.

The problem, I would say, is a corrupt install.

Say, why didn't you post this thread on DAC?
I'm sure they'd be of more help there.

Deathy

Liturgist
Huh? How do you mean low?
I doubt a manual install will do any good.
You need to get your hands on an undamaged CD.
For now, you could just try reinstalling FO, and see what happens.

Spazmo

Erudite
(To Deathy: He was banned from DAC, you insensitive jerk, you)

Try reinstalling. If that fails, track down another CD.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Spazmo said:
(To Deathy: He was banned from DAC, you insensitive jerk, you)

Try reinstalling. If that fails, track down another CD.
Yea try buying the game not warezing!! :D you pirate you.. .arghhh

I reinstalled.
I have three CDs, the old used one is the one I reinstalled twice, I have a European 1.2 CD, which makes me a little anxious about installing that, and I have one other- though I am still looking for that.
Meh, I can buy both for about ten bucks anywhere.
I only warez games that are over six years old and do not feel like buying.
And the Doom alpha.
But let us not get into that.
So you think I should use another cd?

Mistress

Liturgist
Constipated Craprunner said:

Yes, because that's a good reason. Surely, if you can pay for current games, the price of older games shouldn't be too offputting.

Rosh

Erudite
Mistress said:
Yes, because that's a good reason. Surely, if you can pay for current games, the price of older games shouldn't be too offputting.

The only ones I find online are the ones not available in any form, or that the publisher/dev wouldn't see a cent of anyways.

As for Craprunner's problem, perhaps he should ask on the KFC forums for some hack that could fix his problem, or are some of the people there just "able" to hack message boards?

Mistress said:

You really think I should pay 80 dollars for Chrono Trigger, a game I found not to my liking in the end? Older games are harder to find.
If I found Wasteland on some shelf somewhere, I would buy it. I did the same with Fallout. Though If I have to go on a crusade through EBay, Ill just download the damn thing from somewhere.
As for Craprunner's problem, perhaps he should ask on the KFC forums for some hack that could fix his problem, or are some of the people there just "able" to hack message boards?
*Shivers* As anyone can see from the aforementioned post on KFC, my only purpose on that forum, let alone that topic, was to get Haplo to help me. Haplo was the only reason I would ever consider going there. If you see any of my later posts, they are all overly critical of it. Raymondo was a partially lobotomized 4 year old who thought that using a different IP was some sort of hack. Reaper reminded me of Martin Sheen's character in Apoc Now to much for comfort, and the former Voodo is by far and away the stupidest person ever, despite his relative lack of grammatical errors.

Mistress

Liturgist
You really think I should pay 80 dollars for Chrono Trigger, a game I found not to my liking in the end?

You not liking it in the end has zero to do with anything.

Older games are harder to find.
No shit.

If I found Wasteland on some shelf somewhere, I would buy it. I did the same with Fallout.

*claps*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom