Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ democracy

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The suggestions and vanilla bugs threads have ballooned to 8 pages each. Honestly I've stopped taking them seriously since it's a huge heap of stuff that makes me dizzy just looking at it.

So, I was thinking, why not let people to vote on what the next item on the agenda should be!

I'm giving it a shot with this here google sheet. You can write down issues/ suggestions and/or vote on others. 3 votes per person, no promises but I'll try to work on the top voted item.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UlGgrbaHXHG6NR1-2eV3c3dK0wU/edit?usp=drivesdk

Endarire

Scholar
At present, would you prefer to fix bugs or add features?

From your perspective, what bugs seem most helpful to have fixed and what features seem most interesting/helpful to have implemented?

I ask because each person who replies is likely to be biased toward his things being included. I wanted to foster discussion here about this topic.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
At present, would you prefer to fix bugs or add features?

From your perspective, what bugs seem most helpful to have fixed and what features seem most interesting/helpful to have implemented?

I ask because each person who replies is likely to be biased toward his things being included. I wanted to foster discussion here about this topic.
It's not about what I prefer, it's about what the players want. I am a river to my people :mad:
I guess the system could be slightly improved: everyone can enter two items, but vote on 3 (other than what they suggested). That way some sort of consensus can be reached.

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
I assume that whatever people suggest, they want enough to mention. I would like to be able to vote for self stuff, but encouraged also to vote for others.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Self voting is implied by posting an item in the first place, so it's pretty redundant.

Endarire

Scholar
Practiced Spellcaster: To my present understanding, this feat's benefit applies to -all- CL-dependent effects, including crafting.

(I wasn't sure where I should mention this, but I put it in the Democracy thread since this was a voting topic.)

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I think Thomas was just being humble and instead of requesting that it be fixed, asked the bug to be documented :P

Endarire

Scholar
Sitra: How do you prioritize and organize these requests on your end? What are the time limits for each 'round' of voting?

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Voting is continuous. I'll just take the highest voted issue and work on it till it's done, rinse repeat.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Would the top suggestion about model import from Blender mean you could easily add new monster models or weapon models to the game to take advantage of through new protoids?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Would the top suggestion about model import from Blender mean you could easily add new monster models or weapon models to the game to take advantage of through new protoids?
Largely yes, that's the idea.
Weapon models are already possible, the main innovation would be creatures.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Largely yes, that's the idea.
Weapon models are already possible, the main innovation would be creatures.
That would be incredibly useful for expanding modding of the game, since new models/animations are a more limited part of the game IIRC.

Edit: I added one to the sheet. I noticed in game that there aren't in game manual pages for new stuff, and it would be a nice thing to go back through all that temple+ has added and link in digital manual pages with links and everything like vanilla TOEE has, with the documentation coming from the sources they were drawn from, edited where there are changes in implementation of course.

Last edited:

Sachmo

Novice
I'm not a coder, so more of a begger when it comes to mods. I just love new content. Would adding minotaur to the mod class be sorta easy? Thought it would be the same as adding giant and troll as the skin is already in the game.

Endarire

Scholar
Sachmo Minotaur as a PC race seems simple. Adding it in a way that allows it to properly display what items it has equipped and attacks with is likely more complex. Troll and Hill Giant party members are already in the base game. There's only one Minotaur as a foe.

SirLordPickle

Barely Literate
I'm not a coder, so more of a begger when it comes to mods. I just love new content. Would adding minotaur to the mod class be sorta easy? Thought it would be the same as adding giant and troll as the skin is already in the game.

YES, I would love Kobold and Goblin PC races too!!! :O

Also, I added "Feature: Export/Import Characters (to re-use already levelled and equipped characters for a new party and a new game)" into the Google Sheet. It'd be great for a New Game Plus, similarly like Icewind Dale 1 & 2; it adds a lot of same character/party replayability to explore the adventure differently for them, and just allows for some imbalanced fun. :D

Endarire

Scholar
I'd like to be able to import/export characters as well, but I'm out of votes until I change them or/and Sitra finishes my previous orders.

Endarire

Scholar
Sitra Achara
What happened to the planned feature implementation with this democratic method, and are we still soon to get things we voted on?

Thankee!

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'm back to work on the blender plugin.

Already fixed a couple of bugs but I realized I have to completely rework how it applies the location displacement keyframes. It's going to take some time, but at least I have a clear path now.

But, the clock is ticking - baby #2 is on the way...

Endarire

Scholar
Alleluia! Thankee!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom