Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Temple+ FAQ

Discussion in 'ToEE Modding' started by Sitra Achara, May 12, 2015.

1. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Temple+ FAQ

General

Q. Is Temple+ Compatible with Co8?
    A. Yes.

Q. Will my savegame be compatible?
    A. Yes, you can continue with your current savegame. You can't go back to normal Co8 with Temple+ saves however.
    Q. Does the order of installation matter? Do I need to reinstall anything?
    A. There is no need for either. Temple+ installs independently of Co8. You do need to run Temple+ from its shortcut rather than the Co8 Front-End, however.
    Q. Does Temple+ contain all the fixes from Co8? Is it redundant to install both?
    A. There many fixes in Co8 that are not present in Temple+. In that regard it is recommended to install both.

Q. Where do I get the latest version?
    A. Usually the ModDB download page has the most recent version. Temple+ also has an automatic updater that will ensure you have the latest version when you run it.
    Q. How does the auto-update process work?
    A. When you run Temple+, the bottom right corner should give an indication of whether you are running the latest version, and if not, it will fetch the latest from the github page. When an update is available, it will get downloaded, and then upon completion it will indicate that you should restart your game - you'll need to exit and relaunch Temple+ for the update to manifest.
    Q. What if I don't want automatic updates?
    A. In that case tick the 'Disable Auto-updates' box in the Temple+ configurator.

Q. How do I enable Prestige Classes?
    A. After installing Temple+, it will bring up the Configuration utility. There, click on 'House Rules' and tick the Prestige Classes checkbox.

Q. Are you going to add new content / adventures?
    A. Temple+ is focused on engine enhancement. New content such as maps, quests, and adventures are out of scope. However it is planned to add Skirmish mode where you'll be able to face off monsters in an arena, and possibly an independent effort at porting IWD2 to the ToEE engine in the future, which will also make use of the Temple+ facilities.

Q. Will you add multiplayer?
    A. Not in the near term.

Q. Will you add zoom-in?
    A. Likewise.

Q. Where do I report bugs?
    A. Here. You can also send an email to templeplushelp@gmail.com, but please read the instruction in the link first.

Q. How to speed up character movement animation speed?
    A. Open the console (shift + ~), open the Cheats menu-> Speedup.

Modding & Tweaking

Q. Where can I find info on modding Temple+?
    A. You'll find most of the necessary info on Temple+ modding wiki. If something's not in there, just ask!
    For more info on modding, check out the following threads:
    Making New Spells for ToEE
    Tools
    Temple+ Modding Discussion

Q. The fonts are very small in high resolution!

A. You can tweak font sizes. Go to
    Copy the fonts folder to
    And tweak the file mapping.json. There's an example file newfonts_mapping.json that replaces all the fonts (you can copy it, rename to mapping.json, and edit it to your liking). Be aware that some text might spill over if you enlarge it too much.
    Also, the Co8 mod already replaces a lot of fonts with size 12 fonts, so it's recommended to play with it.

Q. Can I bring in my own fonts using this method?
    A. Yes :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    ^ Top  
  2. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Co8 install instructions told me to turn off autosave on map transition and to never quicksave and other stuff because of save corruption and stuff.

Does Temple+ also suffer from these problems?

^ Top  
  3. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    You don't need to turn off autosave - it will not directly cause any harm, but it's true that some "first heartbeat" script won't fire if you load a map form autosave. It's a case of throwing the baby with the bathwater IMO. It's also less relevant for modern Co8, since that instruction originated from the 2005-era modding when new creatures were spawned from scripts rather than from static files.

There's nothing conclusive that can be said regarding quicksave in Temple+ (or saving in combat for that matter), other than that the Temple+ beta testers were instructed to do it often and haven't reported any negative consequences from that. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) we never got a corrupt save we could analyze, so the problem may or may not exist.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. dechlog Novice

dechlog
    Do you seek or accept donations?

^ Top  
  5. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Thanks, but we're not taking donations.

^ Top  
  6. Etharil Novice

Etharil
    Can I use Temple+, Co8 and Keep at the same time? If not, is there anything in plans to allow them to be on at the same time (with options to choose which one you wanna play like in Baldur's Gate) ?

^ Top  
  7. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    You can activate either KotB or Co8 in a particular installation, using the Co8 Front End. You can't have both active at the same time, although you can just copy the whole folder and activate it there. Temple+ supports either one, although TBH KotB hasn't been extensively tested with Temple+, and many of the benefits don't come into play anyway since it's a low level adventure.

There may be a more convenient module switcher in the future, can't say when (maybe when there's more modules to switch ;)).

^ Top  
  8. Etharil Novice

Etharil
    I suppose there's no way for ToEE to do it the way BG does it, where you can choose the specific adventure (also because Keep has really extensive changes)?

A bit offtopic, but how long does one have to wait for moderation approval thingy to stop their posts from requiring approval to begin with?

^ Top  
  9. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Currently there is no such thing. It's possible to make something like what I think you mean (haven't played BG much so I'm not sure, I'm guessing smooth ingame module swapping?), but honestly it's more trouble than it's worth right now given that there are only 2 major modules for ToEE, and there are so many other things to do that are IMO much more worhtwhile :)

There's no set time period for the moderation queue, it just has to be picked up a moderator, but you'll be rid of it after your 5th post anyway.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)