Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Modding Discussion

Endarire

Scholar
Level adjustment is effectively a penalty to EXP gained. A creature with 2 LA is treated as 2 levels higher when calculating EXP. This means that, all else equal, a level 6 creature with 2 LA gets the same EXP as a level 8 creature. Unless this LA is reduced or removed, it is permanent.

Is there a way to reduce armor's spell failure (as in twilight enchantment)?

If this is something I can do by myself through file editing could someone show me how?

Endarire

Scholar
Mithril armor and shields already reduce ASF. A mithril buckler gives a -5% ASF which stacks with other ASF modifiers.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Is there a way to reduce armor's spell failure (as in twilight enchantment)?

If this is something I can do by myself through file editing could someone show me how?
Do you mean you'd want an armor enchantment or just to get rid of spell failure by any means necessary, regardless of balance?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
The definitions for item spell failure chances are inside protos.tab. You can use the Co8 World Builder to edit that.

Skdursh

Savant
This is the first that I've heard of Temple+. I used Co8 when I played the game a few years back and am honestly surprised that T+ even exists in the first place as I would have thought that the ToEE modding community would have been completely dead since then. What exactly does Temple+ add to the game? Moddb doesn't really explain it that well.

AugustDrake

Novice
Hi there! I'm trying to get started with modding with Temple+. Finally feel like I got everything squared away. Had a bit of a hard time setting things up; I couldn't get TioUnpack to work right but ToEEExtract seemed to work without complaint. I kind of wonder why. I'm running Windows 10 and I notice some of the older tools won't even run, even in compatibility modes.

Poseidon00

Arcane
This is the first that I've heard of Temple+. I used Co8 when I played the game a few years back and am honestly surprised that T+ even exists in the first place as I would have thought that the ToEE modding community would have been completely dead since then. What exactly does Temple+ add to the game? Moddb doesn't really explain it that well.

Optional rule changes and the like, but most importantly, prestige classes that are fairly faithful to their source material, some not seen in other 3rd edition games but that should have been included, like Mystic Theurge.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hi there! I'm trying to get started with modding with Temple+. Finally feel like I got everything squared away. Had a bit of a hard time setting things up; I couldn't get TioUnpack to work right but ToEEExtract seemed to work without complaint. I kind of wonder why. I'm running Windows 10 and I notice some of the older tools won't even run, even in compatibility modes.
You have the tio.dll in the same folder, right?

AugustDrake

Novice
Yeah... kind of trivial now as I got ToEExtract working so I guess I'm set. I'm very grateful for Temple+!

AugustDrake

Novice
I'm trying to puzzle through making a custom race (I'm working on adding goblin races, and am prepping a portrait pack dat to go with it) but I'm having problems finding listings of the model codes used in the racial information. I already kind of grasp the files I need to look at, materials info, etc. but I'm hoping there's a tutorial or something that breaks down this, how it relates to the models and textures. I can do skinning and I think I'll try to add textures. There's a lot of info out there; I'm starting to dig through old ShiningTed tutorials and the file structures itself, I'm confident I'll find what I need in time, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Also Anomander Rake I bet that's not on Sitra's docket (I think I read somewhere here he's working on AI mainly which isn't as flashy but totally awesome), but you could probably mod it in. I think I can see how. The template ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lich.htm ) could probably be applied as a feat applied by a script, possibly with a model change. The only real prerequisite is the Craft Wondrous Item feat and "knowing the ritual". That could probably be introduced by using WorldEditor and adding an NPC that helps you do it. You'd have to make the feat, the script, and the NPC. Very doable. I'd check out the github wiki. I'd offer to help but as you can see I think I have a project already... then maybe I wanna take a stab at helping by making some of those missing DMG prestige classes.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'm trying to puzzle through making a custom race (I'm working on adding goblin races, and am prepping a portrait pack dat to go with it) but I'm having problems finding listings of the model codes used in the racial information. I already kind of grasp the files I need to look at, materials info, etc. but I'm hoping there's a tutorial or something that breaks down this, how it relates to the models and textures. I can do skinning and I think I'll try to add textures. There's a lot of info out there; I'm starting to dig through old ShiningTed tutorials and the file structures itself, I'm confident I'll find what I need in time, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking. Is it about what files you need to edit for skinning?

The meshes are indexed via a mes file (somewhere in the art folder), and each mesh references its materials (TGA files mostly) via an .mdf file. The mesh ID is used in the protos.tab entry which is what the moddable .py race entries reference.

Sachmo

Novice
Joined to say thanks Sitra, you've managed to add more hours of entertainment out of this game for me. Any chance of adding minotaur to the mix of monster classes?

Sachmo

Novice
Joined to say thanks Sitra, you've managed to add more hours of entertainment out of this game for me. Any chance of adding minotaur to the mix of monster classes?
just saw the democracy thread and placed my request into there

Acrux

Arcane
Would it be relatively straightforward to create "pseudo-Pathfinder" classes and level progression? Really, the two main things I'm thinking of are every-two-levels feat progression and changing paladin casting to be based on Charisma.

Torrasque01

Augur
Would it be relatively straightforward to create "pseudo-Pathfinder" classes and level progression? Really, the two main things I'm thinking of are every-two-levels feat progression and changing paladin casting to be based on Charisma.

Not sure on the first part but the second is trivial: get class013_paladin.py from the github and drop it in \overrides\rules\char_class\ , and replace stat_wisdom with stat_charisma in the following block.

def GetSpellDeterminingStat():
return stat_wisdom

Acrux

Arcane
Great, thanks. Yes, that was an easy change. I'm looking through the documentation now to see if I can find anything on feat progression.

Acrux

Arcane
Thanks, Sitra. Yes, I've already been playing around with that aspect, but I'm actually looking for something slightly different:

The feat progression in 3.5 is every 3 levels (1,3,6,9 etc.); the feat progression in Pathfinder is every 2 levels (1,3,5,7,9, etc.). I haven't found that particular item yet, but I'm still digging around in the documentation and looking through tpdata files.

Vulpes

Scholar
Can anyone tell me how to modify the amount of spells a sorcerer knows? I already tried changing numbers in the "spells_known" section of "class016_sorcerer.py", but it doesn't seem to be doing anything

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom