Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazra

Educated
As requested by Sitra, I'm reposting this here:

I tested the following with TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+104:

During the combat against Hedrack, Spugnoir successfully cast Charm Monster on a Hill Giant, but each time that I clicked on the blue text of the word "Success!" (wait, shouldn't it be "Failure!" considering the Hill Giant failed his Will save?) that is the Will save entry in the rolls history log at the bottom right of the screen, the modifier/roll breakdown graphical interface refused to pop up and display.
Couldn't reproduce

During the combat against Hedrack, while I was scrolling the screen at the same time that Spugnoir was running along the corridor during his turn, I experienced chronic lag causing TemplePlus to temporarily stop responding for approximately half a minute. My computer's processor is an Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4 GHz.
Probably the old particle effects bug. Should be fixed by now.

Below is a link to my saved game (called passed electric trap) of my party just before encountering Hedrack if anybody wants to test whether they also experience really bad lag during the combat against Hedrack (particularly when scrolling the screen while one of your party's characters is moving during their turn during combat).

http://www.co8.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8553&d=1430549030

(note: I don't seem to be able to attach files to this forum, possibly because I'm too new a member)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Moving here stuff that has been addressed - for cleanup...

Tutorial
Party: Sorc, Clr, Barb, Bard, Drd
Hommlet, recruit Spug & Elmo
Enter Inventory
Memorize Spells
Moat frogs
Deklo Spiders (AI cast, AoE spell)
Lareth fight (scripting)
Random Encounter
Cast Web

edit: unlocked it on the off chance someone wants to comment (or god forbid report that a bug has reared its head again...)

------------------

During the combat against Hedrack, Spugnoir successfully cast Charm Monster on a Hill Giant, but each time that I clicked on the blue text of the word "Success!" (wait, shouldn't it be "Failure!" considering the Hill Giant failed his Will save?) that is the Will save entry in the rolls history log at the bottom right of the screen, the modifier/roll breakdown graphical interface refused to pop up and display.
Cannot reproduce - cast a successful charm with your save and the history log behaved as expected.

During the combat against Hedrack, while I was scrolling the screen at the same time that Spugnoir was running along the corridor during his turn, I experienced chronic lag causing TemplePlus to temporarily stop responding for approximately half a minute. My computer's processor is an Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4 GHz.

Below is a link to my saved game (called passed electric trap) of my party just before encountering Hedrack if anybody wants to test whether they also experience really bad lag during the combat against Hedrack (particularly when scrolling the screen while one of your party's characters is moving during their turn during combat).

http://www.co8.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8553&d=1430549030

(note: I don't seem to be able to attach files to this forum, possibly because I'm too new a member)
Can't reproduce... also what do you mean by chronic lag? Does it persist after he finishes his move too?

Last edited:

gazra

Educated
I mean that the game window states "(not responding)" for about half a minute before the game resumes responding normally. It's like a mini freeze or lock up or crash that recovers itself. But I've always had problems with lag in the Greater Temple and Fire Node and Earth Node, whereas you seem to be free of such lag, so it must be a specific computer system thing.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Yeah it could be the same old particle system bug... will get a proper fix in due time.

Also, heads up - a major update is about to be pushed that will include the new Python version. All the python functions have been rewritten for compatibility with Python 2.7, but odds are that at least some of them will be bugged. So for the next update I'd like you to focus on quests, spells, special scripts (such as the scheduled reward events, Reactive Temple etc), dialogue, and so on.

I'm also trying to fix the bug Nadyan posted - there's definitely something fishy going on there in the Action Sequence system. At some point it fails to allocate a sequence to the Turn Based Actor and that results in a null Action Sequence, which causes either a crash or the hang. It's a bit of a bitch to replicate though so I'd appreciate some focused testing on that (again, once I push the update).

------------------

Alright, it's out! (see first post)

As I said, this includes the Python 2.7 upgrade. Pugmeister is already hammering away at LibRocket - internal build already has a working "Hello World" button :P

I've done some brief testing, and even spotted and fixed a couple of bugs, but I'd be delusional to think they're the last, so your help is needed!

I think I've also fixed the Action Sequence bug, but I'd like some testing to be sure.

This release also needs an update for a few files altered by Co8, since now open() doesn't go from the modules\ToEE folder, but rather the root folder. I've attached them in the first post.
In the meantime I've updated the py files to reflect that, but in the long run we'll just fix the fundamental issues that prompted these hacky workarounds in the first place...

Note that TemplePlus doesn't clean up the pyc files, so you should run TFE-X once just to clear those files. Otherwise the py file updates might not have an effect. (you only need to do this once)

Fixed the link, thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

gazra

Educated
I thought that I would post this bug report midway though my testing now so that I could get in a pre-emptive strike before Heinous Hat posted his bug report. I'll attach saved games later on once I have prepared them, but like I said, pre-emptive strike!

I forgot to apply any of the hotfixes for the Circle of Eight Modpack 8.1.0 New Content Edition that are at the Co8.org website.

I tested the following using TemplePlus Build 0.1.0-pre+136 and the default settings for the configuration ini except that I changed the screen resolution to 1680X1050:

I didn't use ANY console commands during my testing because I wanted to make sure that any bug that I experienced was a fault in the game engine and not in the console commands (cheat codes), and so that combats would last longer so that I could have a greater chance of detecting any bugs.

---------------------------------------------

I created a party of PCs consisting of 1 rogue (party leader), 1 fighter, 1 cleric, 1 druid, and 1 wizard. I used my wizard to open the chests in the shopmap and buy equipment for my party. While in the shopmap, I noticed that my wizard was naked and that he didn't have a Brown Farmers Garb anywhere in his inventory. All of my other PCs each had a Brown Farmers Garb in their respective inventories. So either my wizard didn't start the game with a Brown Farmers Garb, or his Brown Farmers Garb erroneously disappeared from his inventory.
Fixed (was issue with pc_start function)

At one stage while my adventuring party was in Hommlet, I noticed that the following items had erroneously spawned in the inventory of my party leader (rogue) who had been buying items from Brother Smyth (and possibly also from one or more of the following: Rannos Davl and Gremag, Jakk Borton (Leather Worker), Armario (Cabinet Maker), and/or Calmert):
2X Grey Leather Armor
2X Black Leather Boots
2X Black Leather Gloves
1X Light Mace
1X Handaxe
2X Light Crossbow
2X Leather Cap
Addressed (WAI except it should have been 3x haha)

I recruited Elmo and Fruella (just letting you know my adventuring party configuration).

At Welkwood Bog, Captain Asaph (Officer) took a long time to auto-initiate dialogue with my party leader. When the illusions disappear, one of the Guards (120 HP) erroneously remains behind (i.e. the illusionary Guard doesn't disappear).
Seems to be working fine now (pre+183)

When my adventuring party was ambushed by the 5 Giant Frogs at the Moathouse ruins, the 4 closest Giant Frogs chain-attacked together, but the Giant Frog furthest away never advanced upon my adventuring party until I had killed the first 4 Giant Frogs and then my adventuring party had moved quite close to that fifth Giant Frog.
Fixed (by improving pathfinding!)

If you let me know which (if any) saved games you would like to test any of this stuff, just let me know and I'll upload the saved games to Sitra's Google Drive, but for now I am continuing to test for any bugs.

Okay, I went through my saved games and I discovered that the items that erroneously spawned in my party leader's inventory were there when my adventuring party first arrived on the Hommlet map. I should point out that I never clicked on the chest that gives your party default items. My saved game on Sitra's Google Drive is called items spawned in party leader's inventory.
Nonissue xD

Oh no, none of my saved games have the .Co8 file, which means that I'm not running the Co8 Modpack. WTF?
Fixed

No, it's the Giant Frog closest to the secret portal (i.e. the back entrance) around the side of the Moathouse ruins. The yellow threat area of the Giant Frog that didn't chain-attack with the other 4 Giant Frogs at the Moathouse ruins can be seen in my screenshot on Sitra's Google Drive called last giant frog didn't advance & attack.jpg. Feel free to delete the jpg after you've viewed it.
Fixed

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
Can you save your TemplePlus.log somewhere? Those are extremely valuable since Python scripting errors lead to messages in that logfile. It is recreated whenever you start a game however, so you would have to save it after each session.

gazra

Educated
Hey, Pugmeister (Darkstorm, right?), I believe that I have uploaded my log file to the Co8_8.1 directory of Sitra's Google Drive. My file is called gazra's TemplePlus log file (2015-05-08). I'm not sure how much of my testing was saved in that particular log session.

Let me know if it didn't work. Google Drive is not really that intuitive to me - its graphical user interface is abysmal to me.

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
Aaah okay I found it. Thanks a lot. There are several Python scripting errors I can fix thanks to that logfile.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
I have a repeatable crash occurring whenever I try to use Inspire Courage (bard song). Other songs are fine. The first occurrence was with Zaxis, but it persists with other bard characters I create and add. I've tried save /load, changing locations, equipped gear, dismissing and rejoining, combat on/off etc. Crash occurs consistently just as the animation fires.
Fixed

The save is attached along with the log. The log does seem to indicate what's up just before CTD. Is this the Action Sequence glitch that was mentioned above?

...<snip>

[2015-05-08 11:57:00.271] [core] [info] performing.
[2015-05-08 11:57:00.271] [core] [info]
Action Frame Zaxis (1cd20ce40c2)...
[2015-05-08 11:57:00.271] [core] [info] ...calling action frame
[2015-05-08 11:57:00.271] [core] [info] Error: Accessing non-existant field [obj_f_critter_level_idx : 287] in object type [0].

I also see some other less severe statements occurring in the log possibly indicating problems, but they don't seem directly related to the crash bug and they vary depending on equipped gear (wrong anim id), having an npc join the party (name error with joinup() function). The crash occurs regardless of those conditions. Here's a full example where I add Zaxis to the party and then try the Inspire Courage song

[2015-05-08 11:56:38.378] [core] [info] Completed loading of save game
[2015-05-08 11:56:41.365] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.map == 5057 for line 0 in script 200
[2015-05-08 11:56:41.365] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-08 11:56:41.365] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard not pc.follower_atmax() for line 0 in script 200
[2015-05-08 11:56:41.365] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-08 11:56:41.365] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard anyone( pc.group_list(), "has_item", 11008) and game.global_flags[880] == 0 for line 0 in script 200
[2015-05-08 11:56:41.366] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-08 11:56:45.443] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'game.global_flags[879] = 1; pc.follower_add(npc); join_up(npc)'
[2015-05-08 11:56:45.443] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'game.global_flags[879] = 1'
[2015-05-08 11:56:45.443] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'pc.follower_add(npc)'
[2015-05-08 11:56:45.443] [core] [info] Python: 1
[2015-05-08 11:56:45.443] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'join_up(npc)'
[2015-05-08 11:56:45.443] [core] [info] Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
[2015-05-08 11:56:45.443] [core] [info] Python: File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
[2015-05-08 11:56:45.443] [core] [info] Python: NameError
[2015-05-08 11:56:45.443] [core] [info] Python: :
[2015-05-08 11:56:45.443] [core] [info] Python: name 'join_up' is not defined
[2015-05-08 11:56:45.443] [core] [info] Python:
[2015-05-08 11:56:56.252] [core] [info] intgame: state_default_process_mouse_right_down
[2015-05-08 11:56:56.252] [core] [info]
Radial menu: Reseting sequence
[2015-05-08 11:56:56.252] [core] [info] intgame_radialmenu_ignore_close_till_move()
[2015-05-08 11:56:56.335] [core] [info] intgame_radialmenu: _mouse_right_up: ignore_close = 0
[2015-05-08 11:56:59.237] [core] [info]
Zaxis performing sequence...
[2015-05-08 11:56:59.237] [core] [info] independently.
[2015-05-08 11:56:59.238] [core] [info]
Performing action for Zaxis (1cd20ce40c2)
[2015-05-08 11:56:59.242] [core] [info]
Animation Completed Zaxis (1cd20ce40c2)...
[2015-05-08 11:56:59.242] [core] [info] wrong anim_id.
[2015-05-08 11:56:59.454] [core] [info] d20SendSignal(): Object Shortbow (1cd80ce40da) lacks a Dispatcher
Animation Completed Zaxis (1cd20ce40c2)...
[2015-05-08 11:57:00.271] [core] [info] performing.
Action Frame Zaxis (1cd20ce40c2)...
[2015-05-08 11:57:00.271] [core] [info] ...calling action frame
[2015-05-08 11:57:00.271] [core] [info] Error: Accessing non-existant field [obj_f_critter_level_idx : 287] in object type [0].

The log in my attached save is likely a little different (no character joinup() ) , but it ends the same.

Whoops, can't make an attachment yet. Uploading to GD...

Fixed join_up() error (removed function call from dialogue since no such function exists in the py file)

Heinous Hat

Scholar
<snippage>

There was erroneously no music at all during the combat against the 2 Giant Spiders at Deklo Grove (I've experienced music during all of my other combats in the game so far).

When my adventuring party was ambushed by the 5 Giant Frogs at the Moathouse ruins, the 4 closest Giant Frogs chain-attacked together, but the Giant Frog furthest away never advanced upon my adventuring party until I had killed the first 4 Giant Frogs and then my adventuring party had moved quite close to that fifth Giant Frog.

During the combat against the Giant Frogs at the Moathouse ruins, Fruella got grappled by a Giant Frog's tongue. One of my adventuring party's characters took down that Giant Frog, but Fruella kept showing the animation of being grappled. For the rest of the combat, Fruella couldn't click on any of the other Giant Frogs in order to attack them if the target was beyond the area that Fruella threatened with her melee weapon, and Fruella couldn't move anywhere in the green region of her proposed highlighted movement path (i.e. within 30 feet). Fruella could only move anywhere in the yellow region of her proposed highlighted movement path (i.e. between 30 feet and 60 feet away), and Fruella could only attack a Giant Frog if the target was within the area that Fruella threatened with her melee weapon. While the mouse pointer was in the green region of her proposed highlighted movement path, the words "Can't move here" (or something similar to that) were displayed on screen.

I've noticed some of this as well, particularly the frogs coming into combat piecemeal, which makes the encounter trivial. I see similar behavior with the undead in Emridy Meadows and the ghouls in the Moathouse.

The music missing it's cue also comes up on rare occasion.

My concern is determining whether these and other undesirable sequences are the result of Co8 encounter and/or proto modifications, or are introduced by Templeplus. Also, I think maybe we're not all on the same page as far as hotfixes go, since those aren't part of the main Co8 distribution, like you mention Gazra. I think I may start making use of my plain vanilla installation for some alternate tesing with Templeplus.

My memory also fails me where it comes to vanilla bugs and bad mechanics.

What do you guys think? It would probably be good to establish some version consistency when testing and making bug reports.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Trouble with vanilla, is that it has a ton of bugs which already got solved :P

I want to focus testing on Co8 partly for that reason. There aren't that many hotfixes since Co8's release, and I've already incorporated my DLL fixes into TemplePlus.
That said, it's possible that some content causes issues in unexpected ways - it's relatively rare but it happens.
Nevertheless to reduce the confusion I will be adding content updates with version number to the OP (as of now it's data_r2). This time I've included all my hotfixes from Co8.

join_up: definitely a bug in the txt file since no such function is defined. Fixed in data_r2 (see OP).

Crash on Inspire Courage: definitely confirmed, seems to be caused by passing a null argument to the ConditionAdd function. Will investigate...

gazra:

Missing music: I've definitely noticed this in the normal game at times - is it happening more often for you with TP?

Frog Grapple bug: I recall this being in vanilla too, but then again that's no reason not to add it to the list. (Not a high priority though)

Item spawning bug: Gazra, is it possible those were items you looted from the Moathouse? Please post a save with those items in your inventory.

Naked Wizard: Strange :P couldn't really replicate.

Frog activation: The 5th frog is the one close to the moathouse gate, right? Anyway combat activation distance can definitely be improved.

Ok fixed the Inspire Courage crash issue - apparently it was indeed a conflict between a Co8 modification and and TemplePlus - one of SpellSlinger's hacks was directly accessing data from a different function frame. That means it's a dirty dirty hack and SpellSlinger should be spanked :lol: You can now download r149 which fixes this. Although it does puzzle me why SpellSlinger chose to do it this way, which causes me to suspect there might have been a good reason... so even though it seems to work fine now, I'd appreciate some testing around that.

As for the missing Co8 file, that seems to be another issue of sorts! I recall that DS was tinkering with SpellSlinger's Load/Save hooks, so this may have been a side effect.

Re. the far away frog (this is the one I was referring to BTW), how close do you have to get for it to attack? Line of sight? Closer?

I looked into the frogs problem, and it appears to be a pathfinding issue. I think once we get to overhauling the pathfinding, we're going to solve a LOT of problems... and maybe create some new ones too :P

Re. those weapons you got at the start of the game, that's just what you got from looting the bandits in the LG vignette. Good thing you attached your save, because that's what the dialogue history told me :)

Re. the naked wizard, it appears to be related to a Python replacement issue, should be fixed in next release. On that note we also fixed the Co8 Save hook (or rather actually implemented it now :P), so once the update is out you should be generating .co8 files again.

Last edited:

gazra

Educated
I looked in all of the main subdirectories, and I couldn't see any .co8 files anywhere within the game folder. I also noticed the Save Hook line in the log, but I'm telling you that the .co8 files ain't there. Maybe I need to start a brand new game in order for the .co8 files to be present in saved games?
I believe you, was just wondering if it was a path issue. Anyway like I said I'll add more detailed feedback in the code so we can diagnose exactly what's going on.
Edit: Yeah I just forgot to include a file in the Co8 update pack. See release 8. (also I think the game might have created a "save" folder in your main ToEE folder and put the saves there because you were using the normal Co8 file)
There is/was no save folder in my main ToEE folder (unless the folder is hidden). Windows 8.1 really sucks, so I don't know how to show file extensions and show hidden files/folders.
Alright, anyway let me know if it works ok now.

I experienced chronic lag whenever the game screen was looking at the Fire Temple where Bassanio and the Noble Salamanders and the Flamebrothers are.
Damn them! :outrage: But is this worse than normal ToEE?
No, it's about the same lag as when I used to play the Co8 Modpack using TFE-X on my old Windows XP computer with a 2.66 GHz processor. My current computer has a 4 GHz processor, so I would imagine that the game would not be as affected by lag as my old computer, but it is.
Should be better now with rendering overhaul.

I tested the following using TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+179 and updated Co8 8.1 data files release 7.

While my adventuring party was at the burnt farmhouse map, when my party leader talked to Fruella, my only dialogue response options were:
"1."
"2."
There was no text displayed for either of the dialogue response options to Fruella.
Confirmed, though it's a Co8 bug. Fixed anyway in data_r9.

Sometimes when I've been running my adventuring party around the Nulb exterior map while scrolling the screen around the map at the same time, the game has slowed down to a very slow frame rate! This is something that I never experienced while playing the Co8 Modpack using TFE-X.
Should be better now with the render overhaul.

During the Nulb house ambush combat:

1. Zuggtmoy Priest cast the spell Blindness/Deafness, but no Fortitude save was registered in the Rolls History window.
Fixed in Co8 data release 10; cause was different python behavior wrt global namespace - apparently some spells were using functions from utilities.py without importing it first.
Edit: Utilities.py now added to the Spells namespace.

2. My fighter PC and Fruella were affected by the spell Confusion which was cast on them at the start of the combat by an enemy spellcaster. Either near the end of that spell's duration or when the spell expired (I'm not sure which - it may have been both), both my fighter PC and Fruella had 10 foot reach, even though they were both normal-sized and wielding 1-handed weapons. The only 2 characters in my adventuring party that didn't get affected by the Confusion spell were my Druid PC and my wizard PC. The only connection between my fighter PC and Fruella is that they were the only fighters in my adventuring party. A lot of the characters in my adveturing party were affected by a lot of spells cast by the enemy spellcasters during that combat. I don't know why my fighter PC and Fruella wrongly had 10 foot reach, whereas everybody else in my adventuring party correctly had 5 foot reach as normal.
They have 10' reach even before the fight, so it has nothing to do with the Confusion.
I think it shouldn't happen again, since it appears to be related to the use of Co8 saved data (in the .co8 file) by the Enlarge Person Co8 script.

Sitra Achara: "Made moathouse Giant Frogs trigger each other, so you don't get to kill them one at a time"
I just did the Giant Frog combat again and, unfortunately, by moving my adventuring party slowly forward, I was able to cause only 1 Giant Frog to attack my adventuring party at a time. 4 of the Giant Frogs joined the combat queue at the start of the combat, but my PCs were able to get within visual range of the Giant Frogs and the Giant Frogs still wouldn't advance and attack. The Giant Frogs only advanced and attacked when any of my PCs were within approximately 30 feet range of the Giant Frogs.

gazra

Educated
I'm really sorry for misleading you and wasting your time regarding my idiotic error about looting the bandits' items. I had completely forgotten about that!

------------------------------------------------------

But I do find it odd that I only looted 2 sets of armour/clothes even though there were actually 3 bandits in the Lawful Good Opening Vignette combat.
Fixed (obj_list_vicinity issue)

In the Moathouse ruins, the Giant Lizard mysteriously provoked Attacks of Opportunities immediately after it attacked.
Cannot Reproduce - Might have gotten fixed by now. Let me know if it happens again.

In the Moathouse dungeon, the Magic Miniature Chest on the Zombie's corpse doesn't highlight when the player holds down the Tab key (the Zombie was obscured behind a wall when I tested this).

In the gaol cell area with the Zombies in the Moathouse dungeon, the secret portal (in the pillar) highlights when the player holds down the Tab key, and the player can click on the secret portal to uncover it, but the player can't activate the portal because there is no blue portal icon to click on.
NAB

The spell Charm Person doesn't work. My wizard PC cast the spell at a bandit during combat, and it stated that my wizard cast the spell in the Rolls History window, and I saw the spell animation and heard the spell sound effect, but there was no Will save registered in the Rolls History window, and the spell had no affect whatsoever.
Fixed in v0.1.0-pre+164 (also trimmed the offending scripts' excess arg in the function call for saving_throw_spell, but apparently this is a vanilla issue so I changed the python function to tolerate 6 args)

Animal Companions don't work. I selected Animal Companion in the radial menu of my druid PC and then selected Jackal, then I saw the animation of an animal companion being called, and then I could hear the sound effects of an animal companion moving around in my adventuring party, but I couldn't see an animal companion, and no animal companion had an action during combat thereafter.
Fixed in pre+169

When my adventuring party returned to Hommlet from the Moathouse ruins, both Calmert and Nira Melubb (Jeweler) had no items for sale in their respective shop inventories. I had traded with them both before I had left Hommlet.
-Fixed (updated InvenSource.py to accomodate path changes)

----------------------

I've uploaded my saved game (named no items in shop inventory of Calmert & Nira Melubb) to Sitra's Google Drive in case you want to do any testing.

What is a "sonavabitch proto"?

It's the official term for a proto that has properties it doesn't actually support ;)

I think all of those are related to the Python upgrade, which is no surprise given what I had said earlier. But it'll be worth it once you see the crazy shit Pugmeister is up to :yeah:

In particular the bandit thing, that actually helps me connect the dots with another oddity I've observed, which leads me to suspect that game.obj_list_vicinity got broken. So at least something positive got out of it :)

Heinous Hat

Scholar
It's the official term for a proto that has properties it doesn't actually support ;)

Ha, noticed that too.

Latest bug:

I'm getting CTD when requesting healing from Hommlet religious npcs (@ St Cuthbert, Druid Grove etc). Any flavor of purchased healing crashes the game on request while in dialogue.
Fixed in pre+176

Here's the tail end of the log where I tried "remove disease". The full log is in the uploaded save.

<snipped>

[2015-05-11 13:39:26.259] [core] [info] gfade fade in
[2015-05-11 13:39:26.365] [core] [info] Python: scr/InventoryRespawn.py: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
[2015-05-11 13:39:29.709] [core] [info] AGcreatePathNearObj( Pool )
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.064] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.quests[8].state == qs_mentioned or game.quests[8].state == qs_accepted for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.064] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.064] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.quests[14].state == qs_mentioned for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.064] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_flags[29] == 1 and game.quests[14].state == qs_accepted for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.064] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_flags[28] == 0 for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.064] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.064] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_flags[28] == 1 for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.064] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_vars[501] == 2 for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.064] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.quests[97].state == qs_completed for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.927] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_flags[21] == 0 and game.party_alignment != NEUTRAL_GOOD for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.927] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.928] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_flags[22] == 0 and game.party_alignment == NEUTRAL_GOOD for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.928] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.928] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.stat_level_get( stat_deity ) != 16 for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.928] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.928] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_vars[6] >= 100 and game.global_flags[28] == 0 for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.928] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.stat_level_get( stat_deity ) == 16 and game.quests[14].state == qs_unknown for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:31.928] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_vars[5] >= 8 and game.global_flags[29] == 1 and game.quests[14].state == qs_accepted for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:33.111] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_flags[28] == 0 for line 0 in script 5
[2015-05-11 13:39:33.111] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-11 13:39:36.564] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'game.picker( npc, spell_remove_disease, should_heal_disease_on, [ 290, 320, 370 ] )'
[2015-05-11 13:39:36.564] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'game.picker( npc, spell_remove_disease, should_heal_disease_on, [ 290, 320, 370 ] )'

I've cleaned house and started with a fresh installation of ToEE (GOG version) with Co8 1.0.1 and the data updates linked in the top post along with Temple+.

Previously, I'd been using a compilation of fixes from the Co8 forum (including some of yours, Sitra, but only a subset of those you've included in the data update). That was posted on Co8 back in January by a member in this post . It mostly includes spell and dialogue fixes, but I'm leaving that out until I scrutinize it a bit more. The only other modifications are my own cosmetic tweaks (hair colors, beards on humans etc) and modified sound files that I can't live without (quieter fucking CRICKETS :mad:). So that should eliminate any inconsistency with scripts...python bugs seem to be multiplying with the update.

@ Gazra ... Keeping an eye out for some of your issues in my test plays. I played around with the Moathouse giant frogs with both straight Co8 and temple+... their triggers and reactions are inconsistent for sure (in both cases). I found that sneaking a character up the trail to reveal the whole swamp area gets that last frog going in all cases... so dark map area may have some influence. But it isn't consistent that he sits idle every time, even without that.

gazra

Educated
The Fungus Figurine has an identified value of only 1 Copper Piece.
WAI I think?

In the Moathouse dungeon, the Giant Crayfish took a LONG time to auto-initiate combat against my adventuring party. The combat music kept starting and stopping over and over again until eventually combat started normally.
Cannot Reproduce - Might have gotten inadvertently fixed :P Let me know if something like this happens again

In the Moathouse dungeon, a Bugbear used a Potion of Healing immediately after he dropped dead from Attacks of Opportunity. I've uploaded my TemplePlus log (named gazra's TemplePlus log (2015-05-11)) to Sitra's Google Drive. If you don't want me to upload any of my logs to Sitra's Google Drive unless you specifically ask for them, then just let me know and I'll stop doing that.
Fixed in pre+168
(and that's ok).

In the Moathouse dungeon, there are 2 Guards in the corridor in front of Lareth's troops' barracks. When my PC talked to the Guard in the corridor who auto-initiates dialogue, the Guard ran away, but the other Guard remained in the corridor and had a green circle around his feet (indicating a friendly NPC), and when I clicked on that Guard, he displayed a random hover-text. When my adventuring party moved into the barracks, the game CTD. I've uploaded my saved game and log file and screenshots (all in a file named CTD in Seleucas' barracks) to Sitra's Google Drive.
Fixed both issues now!
The first issue was part of the obj_list_vicinity bug - fixed in pre+158.
2nd issue was a problem with obj_list_cone (function rebase was using the Py function instead of the C function xD). Fixed in pre+159.

gazra

Educated
My party leader wasn't able to get Otis to reveal the location of the Temple of Elemental Evil to him. When Otis said:
"I was just wondering if you were here to explore that old temple"
my only dialogue response option was:
"I must depart."
Whenever I've played the Co8 Modpack using TFE-X, my party leader has always been able to get Otis to reveal the location of the Temple of Elemental Evil to him.
Not a Bug (is consequence of consoling in game.area without incrementing game.story_state)

The spell Enlarge Person erroneously does not increase the area that the recipient threatens with his/her melee weapon.
Fixed.

When I open the command console, I see lots of lines of error messages related to the map that my adventuring party is on, and/or spells that are autocast by nearby NPC spellcasters (these autocast spells continuously fill up the command console each time that a spell is cast). I've uploaded some screenshots of the text in the command console (called screenshots of text in console window) to Sitra's Google Drive.
Working as intended (the spell messages aren't Error messages, just debug output; we'll disable it for v1.0 after testing is complete). Well, other than the 'barter' method, which is a bit bizarre - possibly it's related to the NPC looting / selling items feature that was hacked out by Co8 HumbleNPCs.

In the barracks of the Earth Temple, the Earth Temple Lieutenant (44 HP) did nothing for the entire combat. I strongly recommend improving his AI Strategy Type so that he charges into melee at the start of the combat! Also in the Earth Temple barracks, the 3 Earth Temple Guards (11 HP) who wield crossbows do nothing throughout the combat until they are attacked.
The AI in this game is crap, I really want to do a thorough overhaul here.

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
If you don't want me to upload any of my logs to Sitra's Google Drive unless you specifically ask for them, then just let me know and I'll stop doing that.
Nah you're logs are what makes fixing those bugs possible :)

And thanks a lot for testing man!

gazra

Educated
Well, because the game CTD in Lareth's troops' barracks, I couldn't obtain story state 3 legitimately through combat. I was too lazy to use a Ring of Invisiblity or cast the spell Invisibilty on my rogue so that he could sneak into Lareth's room and steal Lareth's diary, so I just used the console command game.areas[3] = 1 to access Nulb, and game.areas[4] = 1 to access the Temple of Elemental Evil. Me lazy.
Can't blame ya!

gazra

Educated
In the gaol cell area with the Zombies in the Moathouse dungeon, the secret portal (in the pillar) highlights when the player holds down the Tab key, and the player can click on the secret portal to uncover it, but the player can't activate the portal because there is no blue portal icon to click on.
Have you tried doing a concentrated search? Worked fine for me.
I forgot to perform a Search there. Oops! Man, I am really rusty at this game!
Filed as NAB :)

I updated TemplePlus to version TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+159 and applied data release 3, then I did the Lareth combat. Everything worked as normal except that Guardsman in the corridor still just stood there, and he still had a green circle around his feet. During the combat against Seleucas, that Guardsman moved towards my adventuring party, but my adventuring party killed him before he ever got to act, and he still had a green circle around his feet when my adventuring party killed him. I don't know if the problem is caused because my adventuring party had already entered the Moathouse dungeon map before I applied the files that fix the problem.
Yes, the issue is that the guardsman shouldn't even be there after the Moathouse triggers the Reactive Behavior, so you'd need to go back to an earlier point.

The game has no sound effect when clicking on Quit Game from the game's main menu. When playing the Co8 Modpack using TFE-X, I've always heard a sound effect whenever I click on Quit Game from the game's main menu.
Cannot Reproduce - is this still the case in latest build? Is it consistent?

While Elmo is in my adventuring party, none on my PCs can talk to Elmo. While Fruella is in my adventuring party, my PCs can talk to Fruella just fine. But when I select Talk from the radial menu of any of my PCs and then click on Elmo, Elmo just displays a random hover-text.
Cannot reproduce

My elf rogue has the Acrobatic feat, but I never selected the Acrobatic feat for him. My elf level 6 rogue should only have 3 feats, but he has 4 feats because he mysteriously got the Acrobatic feat. I haven't used any cheat codes to give him more feats. I selected the following 3 feats for him:
Two-Weapon Fighting (selected at character level 1)
Weapon Focus (Dagger) (selected at character level 3)
Combat Reflexes (selected at character level 6)
I've uploaded a screenshot to Sitra's Google Drive showing my rogue's character level and feats.
Fixed in pre+166 - forgot to add the terminator in the Racial Feats table in the Elf row.

gazra

Educated
I tested the following using TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+164 and updated Co8 8.1 data files release 4.

Terjon, Calmert, Jaroo, and Spugnoir do not autocast their protective spells whenever the player's adventuring party enters their respective maps. Curiously, Burne does always autocast Mage Armour when the player's adventuring party enters his map.
I added an exception for Good aligned parties because it seemed odd to me that they'd get defensive for such parties (Burne must have slipped out, or maybe he's just chicken shit heh).

When my party leader asked Terjon for Raise Dead, the game CTD. When my party leader asked Jaroo for Reincarnation, the game CTD. I've uploaded 2 saved games, 2 screenshots, and 2 logs (all in the file named CTD when attempting Raise Dead) to Sitra's Google Drive.
Fixed

When I loaded my saved game 89, when any of my PCs clicked on Terjon, Terjon displayed a random hover-text. In other words, none of my PCs could initiate dialogue with Terjon.
You'll need to load my saved game 88 in order to be able to initiate dialogue with Terjon.
Cannot reproduce, dialogue seems to initiate fine on save 89.
Although I did spot another bug: NPCs are able to initiate dialogue... although, maybe we should leave it that way? Edit: "Fixed" / Changed so only PCs can initiate dialogue - pre+171.

Edit: Spotted a bug - forgot to include savehook.py in the TemplePlus build - fixed in 0.1.0-pre+165. You should now produce .co8 files in your saves.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Terjon, Calmert, Jaroo, and Spugnoir do not autocast their protective spells whenever the player's adventuring party enters their respective maps. Curiously, Burne does always autocast Mage Armour when the player's adventuring party enters his map.
I added an exception for Good aligned parties because it seemed odd to me that they'd get defensive for such parties (Burne must have slipped out, or maybe he's just chicken shit heh).

That used to bug the hell out of me. Thanks :)

When I loaded my saved game 89, when any of my PCs clicked on Terjon, Terjon displayed a random hover-text. In other words, none of my PCs could initiate dialogue with Terjon.
You'll need to load my saved game 88 in order to be able to initiate dialogue with Terjon.
Cannot reproduce, dialogue seems to initiate fine on save 89.
Although I did spot another bug: NPCs are able to initiate dialogue... although, maybe we should leave it that way?

I was wondering about this... it happens whenever you have the full party selected and an NPC happens to be closest to the dialogue target (or if you do it deliberately). It hasn't created any problems so far, but might there not be special dialogue circumstances where it could? For example, I tried the local rumours dialogue with Glora Gundigoot at the Welcome Wench using Spugnoir. It resolves just fine with her telling you that you don't have enough coin (even if the party, or the npc himself does). Seems like it has potential to break something somewhere... we should test it with more consequential NPC dialogues/quests.
Yeah, the NPC change is best left for a later release. It does solve the annoying problem where clicking on someone (or on a doorway) when the NPC is closest causes a failure, although I guess another solution might be to seek the closest PC and make him perform the action instead.

My latest bug is with the Magic Miniature Chest (aka Extraplanar Chest). It identifies ok, but it doesn't appear after selecting it from the radial menu. The resulting log contains python errors (e.g. no bag_of holding.mes). I'll get a save and log posted after I update to the latest build.
Fixed - in updated Co8 files release 5

Heinous Hat

Scholar
New and interesting bugs in build 166...

Using thrown weapons (the spear and short spear, in my case) causes all manner of combat screwiness following a throw attack:
Fixed in pre+168
Another silly bug - forget to reset the D20CAF flags in the reset function, so it must have rendered all the subsequent actions as D20CAF_THROWN and/or D20CAF_RANGED. I'm hoping this might solve other issues like e.g. the Bugbear Post-Mortem Potion Drinking bug.

-Subsequent attacks with ranged (NOT thrown) weapons by all characters result in the weapon being transferred to the target's inventory... just like what would happen with thrown spears, daggers etc.. In other words, bows, slings and such seem to inherit some property of thrown weapons and are removed from the character after an attack. I believe this also occurs for enemy NPCs... e.g. the crossbow wielding brigands in the Moathouse courtyard went empty-handed after making their first attack.

-Melee attacks made after someone makes a throw attack are being treated as ranged attacks. I'm seeing things like penalties for attacking into a melee, bonus for point blank shot etc... applied to melee attacks. Also, AoO can be triggered at long distances.

-Status effects (e.g. paralyzed) are applying to the whole party when a single character is affected. I had a character paralyzed after being regurgitated by a frog and the whole party lost their movement (they did not get little indicators on their portraits though). Have to check the rules on paralysis to know whether it's even appropriate in that situation (is it?), but regardless, everyone was frozen in place while still having other full round actions available.

I'm uploading a save from the MH swamp, just before the frog battle. To reproduce, just chuck a spear at one and follow up with ranged attacks from other characters. The barbarian (Bella) has the spears. For me, the effects persisted through to the next encounter in the Moathouse courtyard. I didn't go any further, but I did replay the encounter multiple times to make sense of it.

I'll post a separate save for the Extraplanar Chest bug once I get back through to that area.
No need, fixed it! Download Co8 file updated release 5.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Heh, so I was trying to figure out how to edit my post and ended up with the dice thing... thought it was some sort of puzzle to find the edit button :roll:
Many Djinn lurk in these halls... watch out for them!

Just wanted to add that I don't know if the thrown weapon problem is unique to the latest build, because I hadn't tried throwing anything previously.
It isn't :P But it's solved anyway.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Somethings up with release 5 data attachment... file not found etc
Yeah, forgot to change the link - fixed

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Magic Stone causes a crash on selecting the target. I used the same save game as I uploaded previously for thrown/range bug. The fix for throw attacks looks good, by the way.
Fixed in pre+170

Here's the log from the start of the caster's turn (Pool, the Druid)

<snipped>
Pool performing sequence...
[2015-05-15 23:53:25.435] [core] [info] independently.
[2015-05-15 23:53:25.435] [core] [info]
Performing action for Pool (1bca16c5f92)
[2015-05-15 23:53:25.444] [core] [info] Changing Cursor from 19 to 0
[2015-05-15 23:53:26.586] [core] [info]
Animation Completed Pool (1bca16c5f92)...
[2015-05-15 23:53:26.586] [core] [info] performing.
Action Frame Pool (1bca16c5f92)...
[2015-05-15 23:53:26.586] [core] [info] ...calling action frame
Sequence Completed for Pool (1bca16c5f92) (sequence 118a09a0)
[2015-05-15 23:53:26.587] [core] [info]
Sequence Completed for Pool (1bca16c5f92)(sequence:118a09a0)
Popping sequence (118a09a0)
Sequence Allocate[0](118a09a0)(1bca16c5f92): Resetting Sequence.
Allocating sequence for Pool (1bca16c5f92)
CurSequence Next: reseting sequence
[2015-05-15 23:53:26.703] [core] [info] intgame_turnbased: _mouse_right_down
[2015-05-15 23:53:26.703] [core] [info]
Radial menu: Reseting sequence
[2015-05-15 23:53:26.703] [core] [info] intgame_radialmenu_ignore_close_till_move()
[2015-05-15 23:53:26.803] [core] [info] intgame_radialmenu: _mouse_right_up: ignore_close = 0
[2015-05-15 23:53:29.038] [core] [info] spell.c / spell_cast_packet_set_caster_level(): critter=( Pool ) is casting spell=( Magic Stone ) at base caster_level=( 1 )
[2015-05-15 23:53:29.049] [core] [info] Changing Cursor from 0 to 10
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.308] [core] [info]
Spell select packet callback: Reseting Sequence
Pool performing sequence...
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.308] [core] [info] independently.
Performing action for Pool (1bca16c5f92)
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.308] [core] [info] spell.c / spell_cast(): debiting casted spell=( Magic Stone )
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.313] [core] [info] Python: Magic Stone OnBeginSpellCast
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.313] [core] [info] Python:
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.313] [core] [info] Python: spell.target_list=
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.313] [core] [info] Python: number of targets: (1) - 0[Giant Frog(1818942528074)]
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.313] [core] [info] Python: spell.caster=
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.313] [core] [info] Python: Pool(1909673713554)
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.313] [core] [info] Python: caster.level=
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.313] [core] [info] Python: 1
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.331] [core] [info] Changing Cursor from 10 to 0
[2015-05-15 23:53:32.508] [core] [info] d20SendSignal(): Object Quarterstaff (1bc616c5f82) lacks a Dispatcher
[2015-05-15 23:53:33.008] [core] [info]
Action Frame Pool (1bca16c5f92)...
[2015-05-15 23:53:33.008] [core] [info] ...calling action frame

Magic Stone is one of those spells where the implementation does not match the description or d20 rules. The description calls for transmutation of (I guess) existing pebbles or stones. We have no such thing in the game except for sling bullets, so someone decided to make it a simple ranged touch attack. You only get one stone apparently (rules call for "up to three"), unless you get more at higher levels... don't remember well enough. Interestingly, you can select yourself as the target, as you might do if you thought the spell followed closer to the description. There's no crash in that case, but you don't get any 'magic stones' either. When you guys get past the bug-fixing stage for temple+, it might be nice to implement this similar to Shillelagh, where a staff is created instead of enhancing an existing one (i.e. create some stones in the inventory).

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom