Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilteddragon

Barely Literate
Good Evening, Not sure where to post this, but my computer will no longer run the game after upgrading to Windows 10m not temple+, co8 or vanilla. It crashes at start up, immediately, and without any real error codes. Any ideas why my W10 is not working while it works for others?
Can you post the logfile from when you run it with Temple+? See instructions in first post.

Sent you the required documents.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Good Evening, Not sure where to post this, but my computer will no longer run the game after upgrading to Windows 10m not temple+, co8 or vanilla. It crashes at start up, immediately, and without any real error codes. Any ideas why my W10 is not working while it works for others?
Can you post the logfile from when you run it with Temple+? See instructions in first post.

Sent you the required documents.
Thanks. Unfortunately it looks like your GPU isn't supported for Temple+ (no HW pixel shader 3.0 support).
Other than that your desktop resolution is 1024x600, have you tried running the game with that resolution (configured via the Co8 front-end)?

florian1

Novice
Just had a combat with the Moathouse Frogs. My level 2 Druid cast Produce Flame, and was able to attack with it for every round of combat (five or six rounds total), instead of the spell ending after two attacks with it.

Fixed for 1.0.14 -SA

Last edited by a moderator:

florian1

Novice
Just sent an email with logfile and .dmp file for a crash. Was resting in the Moathouse spider tower when it crashed. Only unusual activity was that Paladin had an active "lesser vigor spell still on him. The following line was in the log file "
[2016-06-20 07:11:29.149] [core] [info] d20_mods_spells.c / _remove_spell(): WARNING - no remove function defined for spell=( Vigor, Lesser )".

Fixed for 1.0.14 -SA

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Just sent an email with logfile and .dmp file for a crash. Was resting in the Moathouse spider tower when it crashed. Only unusual activity was that Paladin had an active "lesser vigor spell still on him. The following line was in the log file "
[2016-06-20 07:11:29.149] [core] [info] d20_mods_spells.c / _remove_spell(): WARNING - no remove function defined for spell=( Vigor, Lesser )".
Thanks, there's indeed a bug with Lesser Vigor (and the other Vigor spells as well). Fixed for 1.0.14.

Hey, I get this error while launching ToEE with Temple+ installed. It's GOG Version, and I`m running Win10 64bit. Am I missing something? (I haven't installed anything besides Temple+).

nYILwm.jpg

Dr. Bak

Novice
here some other minor bugs, they might need to be verified

-moving a character breaks its concentration on a spell Fixed v1.0.41
-monk doesn't get the 6th level bonus feat Fixed for 1.0.15 (and in plain python no less :) )
-a trip attack made by a monk (or any character with Improved Unarmed Strike) provokes AOOs even if it shouldn't. Same thing happens when wielding a trip-weapon Fixed (or rather changed?) v1.0.41
-Calm emotions doesn't prevent the target from attacking, also the calmed condition doesn't break if the target gets attacked. Fixed v1.0.41
-scrolls of the same spell stack together regardless of being arcane or divine, the last scroll put in the inventory gets overwritten Fixed for 1.0.14

g0ld0

Novice
Tiny wee bit of a problem. Going to the Welkwood Bog with my cleric having a few scrolls in inventory. As soon as I use one (let's say Protection vs Evil), all copies of it disappear. Tried with a few other spells, all gone!
Anything new in this (haven't searched through the posts) or is this a new bug?

Fixed for v1.0.14

g0ld0

Novice
Did a complete reinstall and tried to see if it would bug in the same way on the shop map and it seems it does. Took 3 scrolls of CLW in the scrolls chest and used one of them. All three were gone.

Fixed for v1.0.14

Alex0080

Novice
This is in all likelihood a vanilla bug, but I don't want to do a new install to check so I'll post it here and let god sort it out etc.

Divine_Power.png

(Pictured: A level 20 cleric stacking combat buffs.)

Divine Power the spell is supposed to set the caster's BAB to be equal to their character level, giving a to hit bonus and allowing extra attacks, and those work properly in ToEE, the problem is that the to hit bonus doesn't stack with Enhancement bonuses, despite the BAB effect not being a bonus at all per the rules definition of bonus, so the stacking rules shouldn't never prevent it from working. Also, haven't been keeping up with the project, so gratz on the official release.

Fixed for v1.0.14

Sitra Achara

Arcane
here some other minor bugs, they might need to be verified

-moving a character breaks its concentration on a spell
-monk doesn't get the 6th level bonus feat
-a trip attack made by a monk (or any character with Improved Unarmed Strike) provokes AOOs even if it shouldn't. Same thing happens when wielding a trip-weapon
-Calm emotions doesn't prevent the target from attacking, also the calmed condition doesn't break if the target gets attacked
-scrolls of the same spell stack together regardless of being arcane or divine, the last scroll put in the inventory gets overwritten
What Trip weapon was affected?

This is in all likelihood a vanilla bug, but I don't want to do a new install to check so I'll post it here and let god sort it out etc.

Divine_Power.png

(Pictured: A level 20 cleric stacking combat buffs.)

Divine Power the spell is supposed to set the caster's BAB to be equal to their character level, giving a to hit bonus and allowing extra attacks, and those work properly in ToEE, the problem is that the to hit bonus doesn't stack with Enhancement bonuses, despite the BAB effect not being a bonus at all per the rules definition of bonus, so the stacking rules shouldn't never prevent it from working. Also, haven't been keeping up with the project, so gratz on the official release.

Yeah it's on the Atari buglist item #132. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

g0ld0

Novice
Another tiny little bug. I'Ve leveled up my characters from Lvl1 to Lvl2 and my Cleric suddenly lost "Spellcraft" as a class skill and became gold-marked as a cross-class skill. Of course, it was maxed out at first level and I was not able to add or substract (interact basically) with the skill points.

Fixed for v1.0.14

g0ld0

Novice
Continuing random bug check. My 2nd lvl Paladin cannot find another target for his Lay on Hands than himself (does not offer possibility of conferring it to somebody else).

Misreport

g0ld0

Novice
And as for my 2nd lvl Paladin, when he tries to Smite Evil, it uses up one standard action and then... nothing. Cannot attack with it, does not come into effect on next succesful hit, nada.

g0ld0

Novice
Another tiny little bug. I'Ve leveled up my characters from Lvl1 to Lvl2 and my Cleric suddenly lost "Spellcraft" as a class skill and became gold-marked as a cross-class skill. Of course, it was maxed out at first level and I was not able to add or substract (interact basically) with the skill points.
Well scrap that, I started over again at character creation, the cleric does not have "spellcraft" as a class skill. I think I created my previous one with the 1.012 version without updating immediately (the reason why I was able to put ranks in it) and I copied the characters to the 1.014 version (which does not have spell craft as class skill). Of course, the glitch is still there, clerics do have spellcraft as a class skill...
;)

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Well scrap that, I started over again at character creation, the cleric does not have "spellcraft" as a class skill. I think I created my previous one with the 1.012 version without updating immediately (the reason why I was able to put ranks in it) and I copied the characters to the 1.014 version (which does not have spell craft as class skill). Of course, the glitch is still there, clerics do have spellcraft as a class skill...
;)
Yeah, I accidentally left out Spellcraft in the Cleric class skill list. Already fixed for next version actually since someone else also reported it :)

Continuing random bug check. My 2nd lvl Paladin cannot find another target for his Lay on Hands than himself (does not offer possibility of conferring it to somebody else).
Couldn't replicate this.. can you send a save?

Tiny wee bit of a problem. Going to the Welkwood Bog with my cleric having a few scrolls in inventory. As soon as I use one (let's say Protection vs Evil), all copies of it disappear. Tried with a few other spells, all gone!
Anything new in this (haven't searched through the posts) or is this a new bug?
Thanks, fixed for next version. Wands should be safe at least ;)

Last edited:

g0ld0

Novice

Will do as soon as I am back up to Lvl2. Started over again and will go through Welkwood Bog tonight. I will try the feature again and see if it is still wonky.

Another thing I noticed. Most of the time when I come into contact with a new map, the screen automatically goes into the mode with the options to save, load, return or quit the game.

g0ld0

Novice

Will do as soon as I am back up to Lvl2. Started over again and will go through Welkwood Bog tonight. I will try the feature again and see if it is still wonky.

Alright, sent the save files and log to the e-mail address for support.

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Alright, sent the save files and log to the e-mail address for support.
I got the save, but both abilities were working correctly...
Selecting Lay on Hands → Use changed the cursor and allowed me to target and heal someone else, and using Smite Evil and then clicking on an evil opponent applied its damage bonus when hitting.

I suspect I know what's wrong though... when bringing up the radial menu, are you right clicking over the active character? (i.e. the Paladin) If you do that it assumes the target is the character you were right clicking, which is why you always self heal with LoH, and Smite Evil will try to perform an attack on self (and consequently fail because you can't do that, though it does consume an action, I guess they weren't expecting you to bypass the mouse targeting mechanism).

Sitra Achara

Arcane
What Trip weapon was affected?
nope, the trip weapons are working fine, i must be mistaken
That's great, because I specifically implemented those :)

Re. the Monk feat at level 6, currently ToEE just automatically gives you Improved Trip since there was no Improved Disarm in vanilla, so you had no choice. I'll have to change that though...

Fixed for 1.0.15

Last edited:

g0ld0

Novice
Yup... that's exactly what happened.... I'll be damned... Been doing that for years, just never played a paladin before. I always expected these abilities to work like targeted spells.
Thanks man...
I'll report more things as I find them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom