Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Aaaand the next thing I noticed is that the wizard doesn't get bonus memorized spells for high intelligence - he is stuck with max of 4 at each level. Thought I could fix it with the dungeon master thingy, but it only allows you to edit spells known, not the amount of daily slots/casts.
I'll check this weekend. Could you also send the save?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Aaaand the next thing I noticed is that the wizard doesn't get bonus memorized spells for high intelligence - he is stuck with max of 4 at each level. Thought I could fix it with the dungeon master thingy, but it only allows you to edit spells known, not the amount of daily slots/casts.
*-*/\--/\~ just checked and everything seemed to be in order with my Wiz so it may be something specific to your character/circumstances. If it's still an issue please send the savegame.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Co8 did fudge the HD and respective CR's of various creatures to artificially insure that some encounters had a more consistantly high HP allotment without increasing the XP gained by defeating the enemy in question. The workaround they chose was seen as valid at the time, as max HP per HD for NPC's was not an available option at that time.
Would it make sense to reverse this in Temple+, given the availability of that option?
I prefer not to mess with Co8 content... if someone wants to they can easily make a mod that overrides the Co8 owlbear's proto.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
*-*/\--/\~ just checked and everything seemed to be in order with my Wiz so it may be something specific to your character/circumstances. If it's still an issue please send the savegame.

6MBVLNA.jpg

Still like this. Unless I got it wrong, he should have more with 19 int. Where should I send the save?

Sitra Achara

Arcane

6MBVLNA.jpg

Still like this. Unless I got it wrong, he should have more with 19 int. Where should I send the save?
The above seems correct. Per the rules the base is 4/3/3/2 for Wiz 6, and for 19 int you get extra spells per day of 0/1/1/1.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher

6MBVLNA.jpg

The above seems correct. Per the rules the base is 4/3/3/2 for Wiz 6, and for 19 int you get extra spells per day of 0/1/1/1.

My bad then I guess. Probably spoiled by the sorcerer at 6-7 spells already. :D

kokeeno_pucamiso

Barely Literate
potential bug report: Tasha's Hideous Laughter is using Charisma modifier (instead of Int) for the DC check if cast as a wizard.

otherwise great job! really enjoyed playing toee once more

MJV034

Barely Literate
Question...not sure if this is the place but ran into a problem, don't know if its a glitch or supposed to happen.

In the temple doing the different temple quests. I have always done them in order so that I can complete them all. However, with Temple+ MOD, when I finish the third quest and try to fight or assassinate a leader, the AI calls everyone in the temple to fight (good) who all attack me. However, from my perspective I can only attack using the command wheel and any spells are "Friendly Fire". As a result, I cannot use any special abilities like Cleave or Whirlwind Attack. Any suggestions on why this is happening, if it is supposed to happen, and/or how to change it or fix it?

Fixed v1.0.57

Last edited by a moderator:

MJV034

Barely Literate
I haven't been able to find any information anywhere on this issue

Elestan

Educated
In the temple doing the different temple quests. I have always done them in order so that I can complete them all. However, with Temple+ MOD, when I finish the third quest and try to fight or assassinate a leader, the AI calls everyone in the temple to fight (good) who all attack me. However, from my perspective I can only attack using the command wheel and any spells are "Friendly Fire". As a result, I cannot use any special abilities like Cleave or Whirlwind Attack. Any suggestions on why this is happening, if it is supposed to happen, and/or how to change it or fix it?

I reported this via email about a year ago. Once you've completed a Faction quest, you are considered to be a member of that faction, which means that you don't get the usual attack options for them, and any attacks are considered Friendly Fire. I think that the game code that says "Member of the same faction are always considered friendly" needs to be tweaked so that it is overridden by the "This creature is currently in combat against the party" flag.

Fixed 1.0.57

Mathalor

Educated
Druids and Clerics can cast spontaneously but neither of mine can take the rapid metamagic feat. I wanted my quickened cure light wounds and summon natures ally.

Mathalor

Educated
My elven pure rogue is allowed to take melee weapon mastery. She does have weapon focus longbow, but does not have weapon specialization.

Last edited:

Cultjake

Barely Literate
I have a strange situation. Windows interrupted my game and started an update.
After restart, Temple+ no longer starts. Temple+ config no longer starts. Double-click just leads to a waiting circle, then nothing.

I tried uninstall/reinstall - no dice.
During reinstall, the config window automatically closes.

Co8 front-end starts normally. GoG install starts normally.

Cultjake

Barely Literate
Can't get Temple Plus to run at all. Back to a clean install of GoG and Co8.

Ermanti

Barely Literate
Potential bug report: The juggernaut in the water temple will crash the game should it walk over a ground effect like grease or spike stones.

Potential Bug report: I'm having multiple crashes in Hickory Ridge. While fighting the large group near the bridges, I'll eventually crash as more enemies come into the fight, but this may be due to the limitations of my own computer rather than a bug.

Occasionally, I'll have characters that will be missing an action, or have no actions at all, without a spellcaster even present, so I'm not missing an effect that may have hindered my characters. This happens most often in larger fights, but not always.

If it matters, I have max HP for HD (many of the bosses had a surprising amount of HP, over 2k for the white dragon, and almost that much for the Balor Guardian), and the call for help feature for mobs turned on. I am running no other mods besides temple+ and Co8 NC

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Potential bug report: The juggernaut in the water temple will crash the game should it walk over a ground effect like grease or spike stones.

Potential Bug report: I'm having multiple crashes in Hickory Ridge. While fighting the large group near the bridges, I'll eventually crash as more enemies come into the fight, but this may be due to the limitations of my own computer rather than a bug.

Occasionally, I'll have characters that will be missing an action, or have no actions at all, without a spellcaster even present, so I'm not missing an effect that may have hindered my characters. This happens most often in larger fights, but not always.

If it matters, I have max HP for HD (many of the bosses had a surprising amount of HP, over 2k for the white dragon, and almost that much for the Balor Guardian), and the call for help feature for mobs turned on. I am running no other mods besides temple+ and Co8 NC
Can you send crash dumps and save files? See instructions in the support thread (why did you post in the archive anyway?)

Ermanti

Barely Literate
I've lost my older saves and worked around my previous issues, but I've found a new bug. When speaking with King Battlehammer, the game will crash when the conversation ends and you move into combat. I'm not sure how to upload the saves and dmp files

Fixed for v1.0.57

florian1

Novice
I did that battle very recently, and had no problems with crashes. Even though ToEE crashes MUCH MUCH less often than with the original version, due to all the work by the Co8 and Temple+, I find the game still crashes randomly ever so often. I keep lots of saves: 20+ after a while. All that to say it may not be a bug to do with Battlehammer, but simply the leftover crashing from the original.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
There are instructions in the first post how to post files.
It's usually hard to fix crash issues wiout these.

Ermanti

Barely Literate
Email sent to the support account with my save game, dump file, etc.

Fixed v1.0.57

Bohandas

Educated
I'm currently stuck on the levelup menu trying to level a character from bard 4/favored soul 4/mystic theurge 3 to bard 4/favored soul 4/mystic theurge 4.

I can't complete spell selection however, as I am required to choose an eighth lv0 favored soul spell and there are only seven in the game.

(i imagine this bug will also happen if someone gets to the seventh level of favored soul casting regularly too)

Fixed v1.0.57

Bohandas

Educated
I can't seem to level up to the 8th level of Favored Soul spellcasting because thegame demands I choose an additional level 0 spell when I already have all of them

Bohandas

Educated
Burne's Wand of Magic Missile
This wand was made under the old system, pre-caster level setting. It'd be more convenient to replace his "Wand of Magic Missile, 5 Missiles" with a CL9 Wand of magic missile. This has 2 main impacts:

-The sell value is corrected. (It currently sells for about 3700G when it should sell for about 6700G.)

-It starts with 50 charges instead of 20.
IIRC technically his wand is supposed to have 49 charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom