Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

slide

Barely Literate
Update:
I managed to solve the issue by removing all of the files related to temple+ folders (saved games and templeplus).

As I read the templeplus log, on the bottom I saw the name of a throw away character I made to test a build I was trying in game. Then I recalled what happened during these experiments: the game would crash when I added the throwaway guy into the party. I got around this by creating a character from the main menu then adding them to the game via the bar ledger. After that I played normally and made a lot of progress that is why this did not come to mind right away. Anyway thanks for the great mod. Cheers!

tamlin123456

Barely Literate
Maked a favored soul of Nerull, found that she didn't get scythe proficiency which is Nerull's favored weapon. I noticed that my temple+ was auto updated to 1.0.65. Reinstalled 1.0.64 and I can make scythe proficiented favored soul with no problem. Is this a bug or the rule was changed?

Fixed v1.0.66

Last edited by a moderator:

Thorsson

Novice
This may be posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Is there any fix for the permanent spell bug, apart from dieing and being raised?

Also, I tried the same fight twice and the bug hit on Entangle both times - is there any way to minimise the chances/does it always proc from the same situation? What spells apart from Entangle, Silence and Web are subject to the bug?

Hopefully fixed in v1.0.75

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What do you mean by 'the permanent spell bug'? Is it some famous bug I should be aware of? Please give as much information as possible. Savegames and exact reproduction steps would be very helpful.

Thorsson

Novice
What do you mean by 'the permanent spell bug'? Is it some famous bug I should be aware of? Please give as much information as possible. Savegames and exact reproduction steps would be very helpful.
I mean that I have three characters that are permanently affected by an Entangle Spell cast by my Druid. From what I recall this is an original game bug.

I have savegames if you need, but I hope you will know what I mean now.

Thorsson

Novice
Does it happen every time you cast entangle, consistently?
Every time in the fight against Lareth, so far (tried 3 times). Other than that I haven't cast it in a while, but I did use it earlier in the game with no ill effects. That was before the latest update.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I couldn't reproduce this bug. If you can post a savegame and reliable reproduction steps to trigger it I'll look into it.

Thorsson

Novice
I couldn't reproduce this bug. If you can post a savegame and reliable reproduction steps to trigger it I'll look into it.
I'll look at that, I may have to pick an earlier save as I overwrote the ones while entangled. I did also CTD twice, while trying to see if it would clear. The dumps clearly show the Entangled status.

jewboy

Arbiter
I had to revert to 1.0.56 because with versions 1.0.65 and 1.067 my character is frozen in place in the co8 shop map and also in the tutorial. If I don't use the new content version of co8 the newer versions of temple+ seem to work. I am using Windows 10 Enterprise, but I am unsure of the exact version. According to Windows Update there are no new versions of DirectX to download. I am using the integrated graphics from an Intel Haswell CPU (HD4600). Antialiasiing and autoupdate are both off. Window mode is off. I set the graphics mode to 800x600 in the temple+ config program. My monitor is 1600x1200. My installation order was GoG install, install co8 and activate the new content module, and then install temple+. I am quite willing to actively troubleshoot this. I hope I will not be stuck with an older version forever. Maybe I should test every version between 1.0.56 and 1.065 to see which one breaks my game.
Well I tried some versions before 1.0.65 and they seemed to work. Then I tried 1.0.65 and 1.0.67 and they are also working now. So it looks like I am not able to reproduce the bug right now.
Fixed v1.0.68

BTW github appears to be geoblocking countries they don't like. I had to use a VPN to download these versions. This is becoming a bigger and bigger problem if you happen to live in a country deemed undesirable by companies like Microsoft (Github) and Amazon. Both are blocking any downloads from the Philippines.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I had to revert to 1.0.56 because with versions 1.0.65 and 1.067 my character is frozen in place in the co8 shop map and also in the tutorial. If I don't use the new content version of co8 the newer versions of temple+ seem to work. I am using Windows 10 Enterprise, but I am unsure of the exact version. According to Windows Update there are no new versions of DirectX to download. I am using the integrated graphics from an Intel Haswell CPU (HD4600). Antialiasiing and autoupdate are both off. Window mode is off. I set the graphics mode to 800x600 in the temple+ config program. My monitor is 1600x1200. My installation order was GoG install, install co8 and activate the new content module, and then install temple+. I am quite willing to actively troubleshoot this. I hope I will not be stuck with an older version forever. Maybe I should test every version between 1.0.56 and 1.065 to see which one breaks my game.
Well I tried some versions before 1.0.65 and they seemed to work. Then I tried 1.0.65 and 1.0.67 and they are also working now. So it looks like I am not able to reproduce the bug right now.

BTW github appears to be geoblocking countries they don't like. I had to use a VPN to download these versions. This is becoming a bigger and bigger problem if you happen to live in a country deemed undesirable by companies like Microsoft (Github) and Amazon. Both are blocking any downloads from the Philippines.
Oops! How did I miss that one...
Fixed in v1.0.68, out now.

Bubo

Barely Literate
Getting a crash when transitioning from Temple Dungeon level 3 to level 4, either by using either of the two stairs down on the right side of level 3, or using a console command to teleport directly to the centre of the map where I believe Hedrack is. I think I may have done too many temple faction quests on level 2, as I wanted to max out the different gameplay dialogs with the 4 temple bosses. I did few Earth quests, a few Fire quests, and then did all the water quests and got the directions to level 4 from Bellsoring. Then I went on a rampage and killed all the other temple bosses, leaving Bellsoring, before going to level 3 and clearing it out. Then finally ready to go to level 4 I use the stairs and get a crash to desktop. I guess it is trying to trigger a meeting with Hedrack or something. Note, I also have opened the shortcut to the final level via the elevator in the throne room, and by using this I can descend to the final level, and then go back up to level 4 via the exit on the right hand side of this map. This puts me in the north area of level 4, and after fighting some oozes and fungi, if I travel south east towards the centre of the level I also get the same crash to desktop when I get close to the centre. Are there any flags I can set or clear to fix this? If so please tell me how to do this as I would like to complete the game.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Getting a crash when transitioning from Temple Dungeon level 3 to level 4, either by using either of the two stairs down on the right side of level 3, or using a console command to teleport directly to the centre of the map where I believe Hedrack is. I think I may have done too many temple faction quests on level 2, as I wanted to max out the different gameplay dialogs with the 4 temple bosses. I did few Earth quests, a few Fire quests, and then did all the water quests and got the directions to level 4 from Bellsoring. Then I went on a rampage and killed all the other temple bosses, leaving Bellsoring, before going to level 3 and clearing it out. Then finally ready to go to level 4 I use the stairs and get a crash to desktop. I guess it is trying to trigger a meeting with Hedrack or something. Note, I also have opened the shortcut to the final level via the elevator in the throne room, and by using this I can descend to the final level, and then go back up to level 4 via the exit on the right hand side of this map. This puts me in the north area of level 4, and after fighting some oozes and fungi, if I travel south east towards the centre of the level I also get the same crash to desktop when I get close to the centre. Are there any flags I can set or clear to fix this? If so please tell me how to do this as I would like to complete the game.
Can you upload the save?

Sabotin

Scholar
I'm having an odd issue with hovering over stuff in the game world with the mouse pointer. When I move the mouse from hovering over character A to charcter B it's still character A that remains highlighted. Even the tooltip that appears is still for character A. What I have to do is move the mouse pointer by at least a pixel after it's alredy resting above character B. So I end up having to wiggle the mouse a bit after pointing at any character. This also affects inventory where item info in the bottom window doesn't appear instantly. It's not a tooltip delay as I can leave the mouse hovering above an item indefinitely after first pointing at it and it won't show jack untill I move it that extra bit after. On the other hand in the main menu the words highlight instantly as I hover them with no quirkiness. This whole issue also doesn't appear when running the game normaly from ToEE.exe instead of with Temple+.

I've tried a couple of different resolution (both 16:9 and 4:3 kinds) and turning graphical stuff on/off both ingame and in T+ config but it didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm using the 2 CD version with patch 2 and Temple+ 1.0.68. Win10 64, i5-4460, R9-270x

Any ideas?

Bubo

Barely Literate
Can you upload the save?

Hi, I just shared a Dropbox folder with my save files and logs, to templeplushelp at gmail.com

BTW, I have found some files in the temple_13_level_4 folder with zero byte file size. I am now thinking this may just be a file corruption issue, I explain this in the readme.txt file in the dropbox share. If this is the case can I just wipe everything, reinstall TOEE, the Co8 mod and Temple+, and just drop the relevant savefiles into the new install, and carry on from where I left off? Are there any other files outside of the save folder which I would need to retain before wiping?

Thanks for your help.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Can you upload the save?

Hi, I just shared a Dropbox folder with my save files and logs, to templeplushelp at gmail.com

BTW, I have found some files in the temple_13_level_4 folder with zero byte file size. I am now thinking this may just be a file corruption issue, I explain this in the readme.txt file in the dropbox share. If this is the case can I just wipe everything, reinstall TOEE, the Co8 mod and Temple+, and just drop the relevant savefiles into the new install, and carry on from where I left off? Are there any other files outside of the save folder which I would need to retain before wiping?

Thanks for your help.
That's probably the case, especially since it doesn't crash for me with those saves. I think reactivating the co8 module will be enough. Let me know how it goes.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'm having an odd issue with hovering over stuff in the game world with the mouse pointer. When I move the mouse from hovering over character A to charcter B it's still character A that remains highlighted. Even the tooltip that appears is still for character A. What I have to do is move the mouse pointer by at least a pixel after it's alredy resting above character B. So I end up having to wiggle the mouse a bit after pointing at any character. This also affects inventory where item info in the bottom window doesn't appear instantly. It's not a tooltip delay as I can leave the mouse hovering above an item indefinitely after first pointing at it and it won't show jack untill I move it that extra bit after. On the other hand in the main menu the words highlight instantly as I hover them with no quirkiness. This whole issue also doesn't appear when running the game normaly from ToEE.exe instead of with Temple+.

I've tried a couple of different resolution (both 16:9 and 4:3 kinds) and turning graphical stuff on/off both ingame and in T+ config but it didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm using the 2 CD version with patch 2 and Temple+ 1.0.68. Win10 64, i5-4460, R9-270x

Any ideas?
I'm actually a bit surprised it worked in vanilla ToEE, since the bug seems to be in the original code. At any rate, it's fixed for next version, at least for the characters (will have to check about the inventory items).

florian1

Novice
Is there any chance to fix the armor problem for Bards? They are supposed to ignore Arcane Spell Failure for light armor, but a Bard in a Chain Shirt or Studded Leather does get affected by the armor penalty.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Is there any chance to fix the armor problem for Bards? They are supposed to ignore Arcane Spell Failure for light armor, but a Bard in a Chain Shirt or Studded Leather does get affected by the armor penalty.
What are you talking about? They don't have spell failure with either, i just checked.

Bubo

Barely Literate
That's probably the case, especially since it doesn't crash for me with those saves. I think reactivating the co8 module will be enough. Let me know how it goes.

I restored a backup I made of the vanilla folder with Co8 mod applied, and dropped in the savegame and it loaded ok, so surely was just a file corruption issue. BTW, copying just the savefiles across into a new game folder does not include any items stored in the extra planar chest in the save. When this save game is loaded, whatever was in the chest is lost, so this must be stored somewhere else in the folder structure. Though you probably know about this already, since this issue is also described in the game guide thread on the Co8 forums, by a guy who copied the whole folder structure into a USB stick to make the game portable between different computers.

jewboy

Arbiter
Is there any guide here for building from source with VS2017? I am having a few problems. Apparentally ATL is used and Dotnet 4.52? I am getting errors about a missing atlcomcli.h as well as one that my system has dotnet 4.62 and not 4.52. This is one reason I don't like dotnet. It's like DLL hell. You have to have every single version ever released in order to run C# programs. I tried 'retargeting' to 4.62 but then I get errors about missing windows assemblies and it autocancels. So I guess I have to install 4.52. Unless I can figure out how to install the assemblies whatever those are.

I cloned the git and I have git for windows and git extension installed in VS2017. I will try to install the correct ATL component but it can be a bit of a guessing game figuring out the right one to install. I will also try to install dotnet 4.52 alongside 4.62. I also have Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019 Update 1 installed and I am waiting to see if that is going to cause problems. I can always uninstall that if necessary. Any tips or help with building would be appreciated.

Perhaps you could post exactly which components of VS2017 you have installed? And which version/build of Windows 10? Also I have upgraded my Win10 Enterprise to 1809. BTW I got a laugh from the 'just hit F5' instruction on the github page. Haha. Nice one, but more details would make it a bit easier.
Looks like only one ATL version. I will install that. As well as dotnet 4.52 and 4.62 targeting pack and SDK just in case. And 4.61. Now it's asking for that. And Nuget package manager.
Succesfully built it. Looks like ATL, dotnet 4.52/4.61/4.62 (not sure which or if all are needed), and nuget were what I needed. So now that it's built what happens if I run it? Is this the templeplus application itself that I run to run ToEE?

Last edited:

florian1

Novice
What are you talking about? They don't have spell failure with either, i just checked.

My bad, I just tested it, and it turns out the Bard was using a shield which caused the spell failure.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'll look at that, I may have to pick an earlier save as I overwrote the ones while entangled. I did also CTD twice, while trying to see if it would clear. The dumps clearly show the Entangled status.
I just want to clarify something: I'm asking for savegames not because I don't believe you or anything like that, but because I can't debug and fix it it if it doesn't happen for me. It's quite possible that it's a situational thing that I'm not reproducing on my end. Posting saves from just before it happens saves me a lot of time in those cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom