Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorsson

Novice
I just want to clarify something: I'm asking for savegames not because I don't believe you or anything like that, but because I can't debug and fix it it if it doesn't happen for me. It's quite possible that it's a situational thing that I'm not reproducing on my end. Posting saves from just before it happens saves me a lot of time in those cases.
Sure, I understand. Trouble is I deleted the saves with the bug, which means I have to go back to an earlier save and then try to re-create the situation. Unfortunately this is not trivial as I was oversaving, meaning that the previous save was a fair bit earlier.

I can say that I haven't had that problem again, despite using a fair number of area control spells (and this was definitely a bug in the vanilla game when I first played it back in 2003, so it's not a Temple+ issue). I have had a few CTDs, but nothing repeatable.

Bohandas

Educated
The automatic updater doesn't seem to be working right for me. When I open the game it downloads the update then says to restart the program to finish installing the update, but when I restart the program it just downloads the update again and doesn't install it

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The automatic updater doesn't seem to be working right for me. When I open the game it downloads the update then says to restart the program to finish installing the update, but when I restart the program it just downloads the update again and doesn't install it
1. Are you perhaps running the installation file instead of the application? (Symptom: Going through the configurator and pressing launch)
2. Have you manually created a shortcut to the folder in apps? Temple+ keeps the previous version around so you may continually be running the previous version from your shortcut.

Bohandas

Educated
I'd been running it from a desktop shortcut.

I eventually wound up downloading the manual i staller for the latest update and that seems to have fixed it though (even running from said shortcut).

florian1

Novice
I have a wizard PC who took "extend spell" as a feat, but it never shows up when I open up the add metamagic menu. Is there a known problem with Extend Spell? I've used it in the past with no problems in previous ToEE adventures.

edit: sent an email with the most recent save file

Fixed v1.0.83

Last edited by a moderator:

florian1

Novice
Not sure if this has been mentioned in the past. My Bard took scribe scroll as a feat. The problem is that when he tries to scribe a scroll of Tasha's Hideous Laughter, he gets charged for scribing a 2nd level scroll, even though the spell is a 1st level spell for Bards. Heroism, a 2nd level Bard spell, is charged as a 3rd level spell.

Edit: I just noticed that my 5th level Bard scribed scroll for Tasha's Hideous Laughter shows that it was scribed by a 3rd level caster.

Fixed in v1.0.70

Mathalor

Educated
Probably a dumb question.

I installed temple plus 1.0.69.

Is there a way to launch it from a shortcut without launching the setup program again and reinstalling temple plus every time?

Also, just cause I like druids, would you consider implementing Ashbound Summoning from Eberron? It's nice to have a single feat that stacks with augment summoning.

Prerequisite
Ability to spontaneously cast summon nature's ally,

Benefit
The duration of your summon nature's ally spells is doubled. Creatures summoned by those spells receive a +3 luck bonus on their attack rolls.

Thank you for this project.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Probably a dumb question.

I installed temple plus 1.0.69.

Is there a way to launch it from a shortcut without launching the setup program again and reinstalling temple plus every time?

Also, just cause I like druids, would you consider implementing Ashbound Summoning from Eberron? It's nice to have a single feat that stacks with augment summoning.

Prerequisite
Ability to spontaneously cast summon nature's ally,

Benefit
The duration of your summon nature's ally spells is doubled. Creatures summoned by those spells receive a +3 luck bonus on their attack rolls.

Thank you for this project.
Yes, see the first page of this thread.

Kharagh

Novice
I have a Rogue-Wizard-Assassin character and would like to take Arcane Trickster levels that add to my wizard spells and caster level. However, when I take a level of Arcane Trickster, it directs me to choose new assassin spells instead of new wizard spells. You are supposed to be able to choose which arcane casting class is advanced by Arcane Trickster ("If a character had more than one spellcasting class before becoming an arcane trickster, he must decide to which class he adds the new level for purposes of determining spells per day."). Would it be possible to add this choice when taking these prestige class levels (presumably this would apply to Arcane Trickster, Eldritch Knight, and Mystic Theurge).

Thanks!

Sitra Achara

Arcane
It's currently set up to take the highest casting class IIRC.
I won't be adding the choice menu any time soon, my spare time took a nose dive...
For now I can suggest editing the trickster definition file to hard code choosing the wizard class. Let me know if you need help with that.

florian1

Novice
Just installed v70 of temple +. I have a solo multiclass PC, with Rogue, Paladin, Ranger, and Wizard levels. When I tried to level up Wizard, available spells to choose from was blank. There should certainly have been spells available to choose from, as the spellbook is far from beiong full. I tried with an Eldritch Knight 1, and it was not possible to select the bonus feat, so couldn't finish the level up. The PC was close to Character level 20. I will send save files by email.

Fixed in v1.0.71

florian1

Novice
Using v1.0.71. Killed Zuggy, went to Verbo, then went back to retrieve the gem hoard. Ever since, my extraplanar chest is spawning (empty) gem thrones each time I use the chest.

I sent an email with the save file.

Fixed v1.0.72

Kharagh

Novice
I won't be adding the choice menu any time soon, my spare time took a nose dive...
For now I can suggest editing the trickster definition file to hard code choosing the wizard class. Let me know if you need help with that.
I would love to have help with that. I might be able to figure it out if I knew the file that needed to be changed - but if you could provide even more direction, that would be great. Thanks!

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I would love to have help with that. I might be able to figure it out if I knew the file that needed to be changed - but if you could provide even more direction, that would be great. Thanks!
Extract tpgamefiles.dat from the temple+ folder. In there, you need to edit the relevant files inside rules/char_class and scr/tpModifiers. Specifically you'll want to change all calls to GetHighestArcaneClass with stat_level_wizard.
You can put the edited files inside the overrides folder.
After taking a level once, it should be unnecessary to keep these file changes.

Gofun Dake

Novice
Hello everyone. I don't know if it's a bug. But I tried to turn invisible while playing 2 Duergar warriors and it gave them concealment but everyone knew exactly where they were. Duergars turned invisible when enemies were looking (after the combat was initiated) and tried to run away, Giant Frogs, goblins etc knew unerringly their exact location, after every move no matter how zig-zag it was. So, as I understand, Invisibility gives you concealment and protects you from attacks of opportunity but everyone still know where you are. So is it a bug, or is it supposed to be that way?

florian1

Novice
In D&D 3.5 Invisibility is supposed to grant a +40 (not moving) or +20 (moving at half speed) to the hide skill. That does not seem to be the case in ToEE. Being invisible does not make someone silent, nor does it prevent footprints from being seen etc, so enemies can attack invisible opponents but they have to succeed on a concealment check in order for their attack to hit.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hello everyone. I don't know if it's a bug. But I tried to turn invisible while playing 2 Duergar warriors and it gave them concealment but everyone knew exactly where they were. Duergars turned invisible when enemies were looking (after the combat was initiated) and tried to run away, Giant Frogs, goblins etc knew unerringly their exact location, after every move no matter how zig-zag it was. So, as I understand, Invisibility gives you concealment and protects you from attacks of opportunity but everyone still know where you are. So is it a bug, or is it supposed to be that way?
It's more of a missing feature than a bug. As it is, the AI is usually just made to "target closest" and such, i.e. there isn't any persistent awareness of the possible target's whereabouts, it just calculates distance to all hostile combatants and picks the closest one. (It does prioritize invisible targets lower than visible ones by giving a distance equivalent penalty, but since yours are all invisible it won't matter)

Gofun Dake

Novice
Thanks. It's a useful piece of information. I came from playing NWN 1 with my Invisibility assumptions, where turning invisible, makes your enemies leave you alone, so you can buff or escape but of course real DnD 3.5 is much more complex than NWN 1, which is admittedly too easy. The fact is actually breaking my plans quite a bit, considering I was planning on using Invisibility Circle to give my party members time to buff or avoid fighting when cornered. Woe me.

Gofun Dake

Novice
I also noticed one weird thing as I was playing. As fight continues for more than a few rounds my party members start to move faster almost as if affected by the Haste spell. You know, like those Giant Vipers that were previously slithering excruciatingly slow but now they have lightning speed. So I thought maybe the acceleration crawled its way to PCs somehow. I'll try to supply a save file when I spot the issue again, if it's even necessary.

Looks like a weird one off...

Endarire

Scholar
Gray Elf subrace: It gives -2 STR/+2 INT, but should also give -2 CON/+2 DEX as per this.

Notice this:

Gray Elf Traits (Ex)

These traits are in addition to the high elf traits.

Fixed v1.0.74

Endarire

Scholar
This is for Keep on the Borderlands and T+. These classes should have these extra class skills:

Arcane Trickster: Alchemy, Disguise, Knowledge (Nature), Speak Language, Use Rope
Assassin: Alchemy, Disguise, Use Rope
Beguiler: Alchemy, Disguise, Use Rope
Mystic Theurge: Alchemy
Scout: Alchemy (if it's considered a Craft skill variant), Knowledge (Nature), Use Rope
Warmage: Alchemy

All the rest: Alchemy (if it's considered a Craft skill)

Endarire

Scholar
A character's spell lists past the first 4 are unselectable on the spell inventory page. Normally this is no problem since characters rarely have even 3 spell lists.

Screenshots.

Fixed v1.0.76

Black

Arcane
This is for Keep on the Borderlands and T+. These classes should have these extra class skills:

Arcane Trickster: Alchemy, Disguise, Knowledge (Nature), Speak Language, Use Rope
Assassin: Alchemy, Disguise, Use Rope
Beguiler: Alchemy, Disguise, Use Rope
Mystic Theurge: Alchemy
Scout: Alchemy (if it's considered a Craft skill variant), Knowledge (Nature), Use Rope
Warmage: Alchemy

All the rest: Alchemy (if it's considered a Craft skill)
The problem is that the OG ToEE doesn't have those skill so you'd have to find ways to implement and make them usable and that seems like a lot of work for not a lot of bang.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I just want to clarify something: I'm asking for savegames not because I don't believe you or anything like that, but because I can't debug and fix it it if it doesn't happen for me. It's quite possible that it's a situational thing that I'm not reproducing on my end. Posting saves from just before it happens saves me a lot of time in those cases.
Sure, I understand. Trouble is I deleted the saves with the bug, which means I have to go back to an earlier save and then try to re-create the situation. Unfortunately this is not trivial as I was oversaving, meaning that the previous save was a fair bit earlier.

I can say that I haven't had that problem again, despite using a fair number of area control spells (and this was definitely a bug in the vanilla game when I first played it back in 2003, so it's not a Temple+ issue). I have had a few CTDs, but nothing repeatable.

I think I managed to find the cause - when Lareth casts Dispel and the dispel roll fails , it still partially dispels the effect, but the effect on the characters remains. That's an old issue I think, but worth fixing nonetheless.

Edit: should be fixed as of v1.0.75

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom