Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endarire

Scholar
My understanding is that hold person and hold monster are paralysis effects to which Duergar should be immune. The hold person d20SRD page I linked also links to the Paralyzed condition. Paralysis immunity to my present understanding doesn't prevent a creature from reaching 0 DEX. When I tried using ToEE's hold person against the Duergar caster, a white "Held" message appeared above his head as well as a red "Paralyzed."

Crash Dumps. The log file is of uncertain help in diagnosing the crash since the game didn't crash on that execution.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
My understanding is that hold person and hold monster are paralysis effects to which Duergar should be immune. The hold person d20SRD page I linked also links to the Paralyzed condition. Paralysis immunity to my present understanding doesn't prevent a creature from reaching 0 DEX. When I tried using ToEE's hold person against the Duergar caster, a white "Held" message appeared above his head as well as a red "Paralyzed."

Alright, I'll grant it that.
The funny thing about that:
Internally, ToEE applies hold person/monster as unique effects rather than something that applies paralysis.
However, all the monsters that are immune to Hold Perrson/Monster in ToEE are that way by virtue of being immune to mind affecting spells rather than specifically those paralysis effects directly. This includes Plants, Undead and Oozes!
I guess the White Dragon in Verbobonc is bugged in that respect.

Crash Dumps. The log file is of uncertain help in diagnosing the crash since the game didn't crash on that execution.
Thanks. This definitely looks like the armor issue.
Try going back to before you got the Adamantium Armor, and don't give it to your Dwarf. Other races should be safe.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
DUERGARMOR
Internally, what about the Addamantine Breastplate on the Duergar causes the game to bug/crash?

Would replacing the Duergar with a normal Dwarf make the game work properly especially when wearing that Adamantine Breastplate?

Is it safe to use a save file after getting the Adamantine Breastplate but remove that armor from the Duergar's equipped items?
It's related to the Dwarf model, which is also used by the Duergar, so no, you can't use a normal Dwarf.
The crash is related to the armor's 3D model, not the adamantium property.
I'm not sure the save is safe after that point. It's better to go back.

Endarire

Scholar
Greetings, Sitra!

Are the points I mentioned to fix in my previous few posts regarding non-crash problems still under consideration for fixes for future versions? (I'm unsure if fixing the KotB Duergarmor model is within your jurisdiction.)

Thankee!

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Greetings, Sitra!

Are the points I mentioned to fix in my previous few posts regarding non-crash problems still under consideration for fixes for future versions? (I'm unsure if fixing the KotB Duergarmor model is within your jurisdiction.)

Thankee!
Yes, but I'm low on time right now. Anything critical?

Endarire

Scholar
These are the most important points which also seem quick to implement:

-Duergar and Dragon-type creatures should be immune to Paralysis and hold effects. Duergar should also be immune to weird & phantasmal killer.

-The Beguiler spell list should be fixed as such: Of the spells currently implemented, Beguilers should get hold monster at level 5 instead of 9 and mass hold monster at level 9. Dominate monster should also be available to them at spell level 9 and mass invisibility should come at level 7.

-Since the Adamantine Breastplate combined with the Dwarf model seemingly corrupted KotB, can we switch that for another model, and, while we're at it, make the armor Medium instead of Heavy as it should be?

UPDATE!
I checked Co8 with T+ and ShiningTed's spell mod, and Beguilers have Dominate Monster @level 9 and Mass Invisibility @level 7. I tested this with a Favored Soul/Beguiler and there were still spell slots for this character on the spell (prep) area.

Last edited:

DnDPaladin

Novice
Been quite some times since i played this. i really really like what temple+ is doing.

heres what the problem is... i try to solo the game with my chain tripper build.
unfortunately, it doesn't allow any tripping during AoO like it used to, i'm looking at the change logs but cannot find anything making the AoO tripping not working.
so i wonder why my glaive cannot trip anybody like it used to.
i can trip people if i choose the trip attack, but thats it. 3.5 doesn't work like that and this game used to work with it.
right now... the chain tripper build is strickly unplayable. sure having more AoO is good, but the build itself was strong because it tripped people.

can you look into it ? thanks a ton !

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Been quite some times since i played this. i really really like what temple+ is doing.

heres what the problem is... i try to solo the game with my chain tripper build.
unfortunately, it doesn't allow any tripping during AoO like it used to, i'm looking at the change logs but cannot find anything making the AoO tripping not working.
so i wonder why my glaive cannot trip anybody like it used to.
i can trip people if i choose the trip attack, but thats it. 3.5 doesn't work like that and this game used to work with it.
right now... the chain tripper build is strickly unplayable. sure having more AoO is good, but the build itself was strong because it tripped people.

can you look into it ? thanks a ton !
Just to be sure, you have improved tripping, right?
If so please send me a savegame that demonstrates the problem

dechlog

Novice
I posted something I shouldn't have, but have a bug to report. I'm really too embarrassed to send any save files but also don't want to bother making another account and building up social credit in order to do this. You should know that a bug exists which you aren't aware of, though. Goodbye.

Thomas Evans

Novice
Some awesome fixes here. Making scrolls cost correctly changes my priorities, and the fix to Greater Turning was also due.
I do however, wonder about the unreleased patch's notes. Does Mystik Spiral Theurge not work properly at this time? Because I wanted to try one out.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Some awesome fixes here. Making scrolls cost correctly changes my priorities, and the fix to Greater Turning was also due.
I do however, wonder about the unreleased patch's notes. Does Mystik Spiral Theurge not work properly at this time? Because I wanted to try one out.
Theurge works, the issue was that classes that grant you Advanced Learning (such as Warmage and Beguiler) would also get the perk when levelling up the theurge levels. Vanilla theurges e.g. Wiz+Clr are fine.

Thomas Evans

Novice
Okay, my Druid3/Wizard3/Theurge2 with Practiced Spellcaster(Divine) is unable to craft wondrous items requiring a level 6 caster. I had > 10k gold and 3k xp, but could not make a cloak +2. Not a huge issue, since she had CWI to make + Dex gloves, which lack level requirements. I mention this mostly to see if it is a known issue.

Fixed v1.0.83

Last edited by a moderator:

DnDPaladin

Novice
No i dont, but the feat itself shouldn't be necessary to make the build.
basically from the feat description, the feat only allow another attack to be made, and give you a +4 to strength to trip people. tripping in 3e was something you could do on any attacks. not just if you had the feat. the feat didn't give you tripping ability. hence why there is a tripping attack button in the wheel in offense.

so say my opponent comes into my reach, i can do a triping attack on him because its an attack.
but int he game, it doesn't allow it, it just does a regular attack. because the wheel doesn't pop up to ask me what i wanna do. it just automatically does a regular attack. because thats how the game works. it just resolves AoO on its own.

thing is, we used to have an option in the wheel that we could check a case that said "AoO Trip" or something like that.
if that was checked it would automatically make AoO tripping attacks. it was added to make the game able to use chain tripper builds. otherwise we could only trip while using the Trip attack.
now that check is gone and i am forced to use trip attack in the wheel instead and thus no tripping ever occurs in the AoO from them coming to me.

so i am wondering why that option is gone ?
was it removed on purpose or was it removed by accident due to someone sending you a code that had it unavaillable.
i also play with Co8 on. but from what i guessed they stopped on it long ago. so i doubt it came from them.
maybe someone could of sent you a code from a non-Co8 game because i know that feature was from Co8.

all that said i'll send you the save file.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
maybe someone could of sent you a code from a non-Co8 game because i know that feature was from Co8.

Oh! That's good to know. I could have sworn I've added it myself, and wrote in the changelogs that it's only available when you have Improved Trip. But you know it was from Co8 so I must be imagining.

Thomas Evans

Novice
The "Sudden Widen" feat causes the spell slot to not be expended. Since I thought it was borderline OP anyway, I'll simply disable non-Core materials.

Fixed 1.0.76

Endarire

Scholar
As of this writing, 1.0.76 isn't out yet, but does Battle Caster work on Bards, Beguilers, and Warmages? I want to ensure it works at launch.

Last edited:

Thomas Evans

Novice
Okay, non-Core enabled, made a character w/ int 8, hovering over Warmage gives error message, presumably doesn't know how to explain that the PC isn't qualified to be a warmage. This is so damn unimportant, tho, I feel embarassed to mention it. You're doing great work.

Fixed v1.0.76

Dr. Bak

Novice
Ah gotcha. I don't think it's intentnali, but is it legal to get spells from a buffed stat? I'm guessing not.
Assassins cast spells as bards do, they just swap charisma with intelligence.

SRD on bard spells said:
Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a bard knows is not affected by his Charisma score; the numbers on Table: Bard Spells Known are fixed. Link
So assassins learn new spells regardless of any buff they have on, which it makes sense to an extent since spontaneous spellcasters literally have no other way to learn new spells other than levelling.

On a sidenote: I really praise the work you're all doing. I'm no programmer so I intervene only in rules clarifications or discussions, but this doesn't lower the degree of involvment I feel in this project. Thank you for the recent updates.

Fixed v1.0.83 (max learnable spell will now use base state only)

Thomas Evans

Novice
Using build 2028, but I had this issue with 2021(?) as well.
Combat keeps ending/restarting when enemies are just in sight or just out of sight.
At first, I assumed this was because I had disabled "Alert AI across rooms", but enabling it hasn't made any difference. (Hopefully this setting is not baked into save file.)
I do not recall this happening with any released version.

Razor44

Novice
Hola!

Looks like a great mod that adds a lot of complexity!

Couple of things i noticed right away about the recent update though:

Weapon loadouts are not saving their equipment states, IE, any time you click on another loadout, everything gets unequipped on every slot.
Fixed v1.0.76

Zombies have Slashing damage resistance according to the tooltip, however the game is applying there damage resistance piercing, blunt and slashing.
Misreported

Also, sneak speed for the little people is ridiculously slow.
Use the faster sneak anim option

Im running the gog version, latest Temple+ and CO8 new content enabled.

TY!

Sitra Achara

Arcane
You can turn on fast sneaking in the configuration house rules.

Weapon loadouts are notoriously buggy, IIRC you had to do sthg like unequip weapons and reequip before setting the loadout (someone mentioned it in the gog forum recently).

Razor44

Novice
You can turn on fast sneaking in the configuration house rules.

Weapon loadouts are notoriously buggy, IIRC you had to do sthg like unequip weapons and reequip before setting the loadout (someone mentioned it in the gog forum recently).

I will try that! ty

Razor44

Novice
Where are the innate bonuses to fine and masterwork gear? studded leather and master s.leather have the same exact stat line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom