Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor44

Novice
Where are the innate bonuses to fine and masterwork gear? studded leather and master s.leather have the same exact stat line.

Also, yeah i read the thread on the gog page, and the referenced page...but that "solution" does not work.

Razor44

Novice
Ahh, i see, it shows up when you look up the effected skills!

Btw, ive pickpocketed 2 spell objects from Calmert, and they do not appear to have any graphics..or even showing up in the pickers inventory. Not sure if this is C08 issue or not.

Fixed v1.0.83

Last edited by a moderator:

guinness22

Novice
After a hiatus, I have decided to fire up TOEE again, and am delighted to find an updated Temple+ release. As I roll up my new party, I notice that trying to create a female wild elf results in a male avatar being assigned (1.0.75). Every other race/subrace I tried seems to be fine FWIW.

Great work folks!

g22

Fixed for v1.0.76

florian1

Novice
Hola!

Zombies have Slashing damage resistance according to the tooltip, however the game is applying there damage resistance piercing, blunt and slashing.

Also, sneak speed for the little people is ridiculously slow.

TY!

Zombies do not have slashing resistance. They have DR5/slashing, which means slashing weapons ignore their DR5. Piercing and bludgeoning weapons are affected by the DR, i.e. Zombies have resistance against piercing and bludgeoning, but not against slashing. Skeletons are similar, except their DR5 is overcome by bludgeoning attacks.

Note that there are some Zombies that do not have the correct DR working in this game.

To increase sneak speed, there is an option in the temple+ configuration file to speed up sneak speed.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I get this UI bug on only the world map.
unknown.png

Fixed v1.0.83

Mer1

Novice
Noticed a few issues while running vanilla patch 2 with temple 1.0.75.

CE vignette - talking to Rannos in Hommlet and using the dialogue option to go straight away to the Moathouse takes the player to Emridy Meadows instead. Works correctly with 1.0.75 + Co8 8.1 and with patch 2 + 1.0.13.
Fixed v1.0.76

Tutorial - Ariel casts magic missiles with three projectiles, as a lvl 3 wiz there should be just two. Works correctly with co8 and with patch 2 + 1.0.13.
Fixed v1.0.76

Locked doors and chests don't show any icons, vanilla toee shows a lock or a key icon. Works correctly in patch 2 + 1.0.13.
Fixed v1.0.76 (It's been that way since v1.0.25. Oops!)

Moathouse map has a visual effect showing green dragonflies flying around. This effect seems to be missing while using temple+.
Fixed v1.0.76 (finally...)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, did a fresh install today on two machines (win 7 & 10).

Screenshot - https://abload.de/img/toee00015njdw.jpg

log (went through the tutorial until Ariel joined then made her cast magic missile twice at PC) - http://wikisend.com/download/671498/TemplePlus.log
Ok I see that's the case with Patch2 with latest Temple+.
Just to clarify, when you said it's working correctly with Co8, did you mean Co8 with Temple+?

It looks like I was relying on Moebius' fix for Magic Missile being in the data files. Fixed for next version.

Gofun Dake

Novice
Hello world,
I've noticed some minor bugs. Wild Elves are all men, you have no say in the matter. Wood Elves are supposed to get -2 Charisma penalty but they strongly disagree.
Fixed 1.0.76

Gofun Dake

Novice
Hello again,
I don't know if it's a bug but here it goes anyway.Temple reserves something like 4 Gb of RAM while running, upon closing the game the memory is not released and you need to restart to get the memory back.

Hasn't been reported by anyone else... probably something specific to your setup?

Laz Sundays

Educated
Hello, I've decided to try out Temple+ after years of playing Co8. I did not install it immediately, first I installed gog version of ToEE, I've let the Co8 do his thing and try to run it(I was not sure if I even want to try out this T+ yet). The Co8 however encountered error trying to run the game.exe saying how it isn't compatible with windows and whatnot. As this was a fresh new installation of w7, I found out that I didn't have all the drivers installed so I downloaded what was needed and after that I was able to load from Co8.

Then however, I decided to try T+. So I read the instructions to prepare but as soon as I typed the path to game dir in T+ confing I got a warning saying "unsupported .dll version/DLL unknown". Puzzled, I couldn't find any mention on what to do in such case(other than to reinstall everything) and I tried reactivating Co8 module from that program's option. I then reopened T+ config and typed the path = success, ddl was recognized, but I could not start the game via T+(something about .dll shown again). Turned out I had to find and install an update to universal C runtime for win based on an online suggestion, so I did that, went back to T+ config checked if I configured everything (only enable soft shades in main checked, everything except non-core, lax rules and slower lvling in house rules) and started the game. It was working, BUT.

Started a normal game, selected my party's alignment, and was welcomed to an empty character pool. No buttons except "create" were accessible and I could create but never saw my character after, the pool remained empty. Luckily the guy above noticed the wild elves gender issues too or I'd find it relevant here. Any thoughts? Pic included
IPG2uA3.png

Sitra Achara

Arcane
That's odd. Is 'hide pregenerated' option checked? In what folder did you install toee? If it's program files, it's recommended to install it elsewhere since that can entail permission issues. You could also try running it as admin.

Laz Sundays

Educated
First, thanks for such a quick reply and no; as seen in my poor attempt to link image both hide options were not checked although I fiddled with them on/off and nothing changed. And no, I keep my games on D:\, checking properties/compatibility/run as admin = all good.

I got impatient in the meantime, I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to bump so soon lol. So I reinstalled everything and in my haste forgot the most important part - aka I didn't secure the T+ log file from documents, force of habit to clear any leftovers from uninstall.. But nevermind now, pointless to cry over spilled milk. The important thing now is: I did everything again, step by step, checking(starting) the game after every installation to make sure the core works as well as Co8 and lastly T+. It works, and although wild elves are still all lads I can play it. I'll b sure to contribute any future finds to forums, sorry again for the log file, could have been of use to u more than my rants. So, in conclusion I think my fiddling with drivers and all that is what was confusing the thing, idk. If anyone ever manages to recreate my steps = atleast they'll know better now and just drop it+reinstall everything :P

Lastly, a question: could someone point me to a thread or anything with details on what T+ "non-core mats" option brings exactly? I'd like a preview or some details b4 trying it out.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
First, thanks for such a quick reply and no; as seen in my poor attempt to link image both hide options were not checked although I fiddled with them on/off and nothing changed. And no, I keep my games on D:\, checking properties/compatibility/run as admin = all good.

I got impatient in the meantime, I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to bump so soon lol. So I reinstalled everything and in my haste forgot the most important part - aka I didn't secure the T+ log file from documents, force of habit to clear any leftovers from uninstall.. But nevermind now, pointless to cry over spilled milk. The important thing now is: I did everything again, step by step, checking(starting) the game after every installation to make sure the core works as well as Co8 and lastly T+. It works, and although wild elves are still all lads I can play it. I'll b sure to contribute any future finds to forums, sorry again for the log file, could have been of use to u more than my rants. So, in conclusion I think my fiddling with drivers and all that is what was confusing the thing, idk. If anyone ever manages to recreate my steps = atleast they'll know better now and just drop it+reinstall everything :P

Lastly, a question: could someone point me to a thread or anything with details on what T+ "non-core mats" option brings exactly? I'd like a preview or some details b4 trying it out.
Check out the changelog thread on this forum (search for "core").

Laz Sundays

Educated
Found the t+ changelog thread, I was more hoping to see some details for added stuff, like actual detailed descriptions that show what the new stuff does instead of just giving me a list or a mention. Is there an entry for this, a wiki or something? Do I have to enable it and read new feats and classes description from game, is that it?

Also I found a
"Chain Devil Helm" in Imeryds Run
that has no description and google can't help me see what it does. I found one unanswered post and that's it, nothing ingame or out of it to atleast suggest what's the deal with that item.

Overall it looks like it's a polished and improved co8. In my co8 runs however some areas were extra buggy like the fire temple and elemental plains so I want to see how it looks now. Some may be pleased to know that archer style ranger works really well now(I was never happy with rngr in ToEE but after a slow start it's now the most trustworthy dmg dealer that crits as much as other characters if not more), I tried some weird combinations like thiefling wizard aka the scaling wizard, and the game handles the lvl difference correctly and without issues. Having a smooth run so far, great job.

I saw that the Gargoyle encounter in the Earth temple level still doesn't work for me, cause I can't lift the bars when I'm in combat so I just hope that the right guys stay inside when it drops or I just send animals and summons in first and blindly shower the other side with aoe and more summons. There isn't a way to approach this area directly and not have issues with that gate.

I'd really like to know how to search threads here

florian1

Novice
The Gargoyles are Harpies. They have the ability to fascinate the PCs.

To avoid the gate problem, you can simply move close to the entrance, and then wait for the bad guys to come to you, and then fight them in the hallway.

florian1

Novice
Found the t+ changelog thread, I was more hoping to see some details for added stuff, like actual detailed descriptions that show what the new stuff does instead of just giving me a list or a mention. Is there an entry for this, a wiki or something? Do I have to enable it and read new feats and classes description from game, is that it?

All of the new feats, abilities, enhancements, etc are easy to find with a search engine. There are a ton of D&D sites and wikis.

Given that the people adding all these extras are doing a lot of work in their free time, we should be able to do a bit of the work for ourselves.

florian1

Novice

Laz Sundays

Educated
The Gargoyles are Harpies. They have the ability to fascinate the PCs.

To avoid the gate problem, you can simply move close to the entrance, and then wait for the bad guys to come to you, and then fight them in the hallway.

Yes, Harpies I'm a bit all over the place so I misstyped.

All of the new feats, abilities, enhancements, etc are easy to find with a search engine. There are a ton of D&D sites and wikis.

Given that the people adding all these extras are doing a lot of work in their free time, we should be able to do a bit of the work for ourselves.

I didn't want to sound like I was nitpicking, it was merely a question but thanks for the schooling I kinda deserved it. Should've avoided asking in the first place, it's not that important. Getting old can make you inpatient the same way that too many lazy/mundane questions make older member of the community strike the newblood over. Thanks for the replies, and in case I wasn't clear - I don't SEE a search option other than that one on the home page? So how do I search within a thread/section?

florian1

Novice
As far as searching in this particular thread, there are only three pages of posts, so that is not an issue. The Co8.org site has a quite a lot of search functions when you click on their search bar. I rarely do searches there, so I am not entirely sure how easy it is to find precise information quickly. The Walkthrough has lots of info as well.

I just opened a thread on the Co8 site, and the search bar is in the same place as on the home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom