Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Temple+ Support

Discussion in 'ToEE Modding' started by Sitra Achara, May 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Lilura RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Lilura
    With T+ 1.0.75 + Co8 8.1.0 I can sneak attack the frogs.

Do you have enough money and experience for the craft? (had to ask)

^ Top  
  2. Mathalor Educated

Mathalor
    Yes, I think so. It has twilight and +2 on it, I have 10k gold and 1200 exp on her.

This was the giant frogs in front of the moathouse. I'm not sure what else might be relevant. I tried flanking with a longspear and shooting while they were flatfooted with a longbow with an elf rogue, level 5, I think (I kept playing a while before making this post).

Edit: Just attacked a random encounter frog and was able to sneak attack. Pishella has 2600 exp and still cannot craft the thing.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    ^ Top  
  3. Mathalor Educated

Mathalor
    The listed reqs for the freedom enhancement are level 7, and wizards don't get the freedom of movement spell, but the relaxed crafting reqs cover arms and armor.

I can't find the freedom enhancement through websearch.

Pishella is now level 1 sorc / 8 wizard with 1180 exp, and I took practiced spellcaster - arcane.

Also, both classes received extra caster levels. I didn't get to choose any extra spells for my sorceror.

Edit: Finally unlocked it. I'm guessing the crafting req is off by a level or two.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    ^ Top  
  4. Mcin Literate

Mcin
    Hi, before I go into full log report, quick 2 question:
    1. I installed ToEE from CD -> Co8 -> portraits -> Temple+. Temple plus says that ToEE4.dat is missing.
    My CD edition claims that patch 2.0 is pre-installed. This is Polish "Extra Klayska" re-edition, meaing that I own so-called "kurwa editor" out of box.
    Is it possible that they lied to me, and now I have to reinstall everything and get the patch?
    2. If I reinstall everything, will my saves be working?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Mcin Literate

Mcin
    First, sorry for double-posting, but I cannot edit.

Second, I was trying to identify where the problem exactly lies and went to a bit of troubleshooting, until I hit the wall...

1. Describe your configuration
      System setup: windows 7 Pro PL
      Intel i5 6400, 16 gb ram, Gf GTX 950

ToEE version: Polish CD re-edition including patch 2.0 and world editor out-of-box.
      Co8 8.1 Content Edition installed and activated and portrait packs added before installation of Temple+.
      Recent Temple+ 1.7.5 from the moddb installed; automatic updates enabled.

2. Post the log file
      https://www53.zippyshare.com/v/UYsS9ep8/file.html

3. Reproduction steps
      Temple plus says that ToEE4.dat is missing.

So, My installation certainly had Co8 and Temple+ working to some extent - I've been going through changelog of both and identified a lot of features that were provided by the mods:
      -Co8 - starting from filled-up handbook and extra dialogue lines, entry shop with 500 gold feature some extra spells and items described in the changelog, slides when entering areas; also, I have Co8 logo on loading screen.
      -Portrait packs - obvious :)
      -Temple+ - better pathfinding, HD resolution, Aid-> wake up, extra tactical moves in circle menu, new races & classes on startup (yep, I have aasimir paladin).

Still, the Temple+launcher cries for toee4.dat.

Thus, I decided to re-install everything to check maybe I really lack a patch and some features are missing.

Installed ToEE from CD again -> still no toEE4.dat, no trace of file like that directly on the CDs. Readme claims patch 2.0 PL is installed. I checked in-game - bard's song action is indeed fixed as patch notes claim.
      Last note says it's toee-patch2-beta8 : 2004-04-12, so I thought that maybe patch 2 beta != patch2 pl and I lack some features.
      I downloaded patch 2 pl from the web - cannot install, claims ToEE.exe version is wrong.
      Downloaded patch 2 enu from web - claims no Toee is installed.

Moddb explicitly claims that it means I have no patch 2.0 :/ ToEE4.dat missing Thread - Temple+ mod for The Temple of Elemental Evil - Mod DB, Thus, I think it's time to post logs

4. Crash Dump File
      2 dumps together with logs.

5. Attach a save game demonstrating the problem
      Saves vanished as I tried to reinstall the game, sorry :/

PS if there's any way I can clearly define if I miss something that should be present in ToEE4.dat after installing mods, please tell me and I'll do the triage.

^ Top  
  6. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Maybe the polish patch doesn't have that, not sure. You can probably run it despite that, but I don't know what the consequences may be.

^ Top  
  7. Mcin Literate

Mcin
    Now I'm puzzled, as I'd love to report some bugs and feature suggestions and I can't even tell if they come from Vanilla, Co8, T+ or crappy PL reedition...

In Moathouse I found out a bug with pathfinding while fighting with ghouls and gnolls, and this was posted as fixed in T+. Ghouls issue should be possible to replicate, and my question is if I make a repro and document well, will you be able to identify If that's prob with my installation or something withing T+?

^ Top  
  8. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Feel free to post it. Odds are your install is fine and whatever it is is just an unresolved PF bug.

^ Top  
  9. Mcin Literate

Mcin
    Ok, It looked like it would take me a lot of time to go back to situation with ghouls (too little saves in moathouse) but I found even more obvious PF bug in Nulb:
    https://www.rapidshare.com.cn/qh0ZHVT
    repro: just move first character, Prawak, trait to Snake pit's door.
    shortie video POC: https://vimeo.com/415621295
    similar bugs are becoming more common inside the temple

So either I found PF bug or a proof that my T+ instalation is slightly off.

^ Top  
  10. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    How are you launch9ng the game?

^ Top  
  11. Berul Literate

Berul
    I bought the game on GOG about 10 days ago and installed Co8 aswell as temple+. Until now, I've really enjoyed the game.

Today, I noticed that, when hovering the pointer over a door, there was a small hand icon that I had never seen before instead of the arrow icon I was used to.

At first, I thought that this was some kind of minor bug (I even remember thinking to myself that the game couldn't have possibily been patched), then I noticed temple+ had been updated from 1.0.75 to 1.0.76.

Great job Sitra !

The game combat engine is really great, definitely one of the best I've seen in CRPG games, and encouraging the making of mods for such a game is a cool idea.

While I'm here, I'd like to ask a question, although I'm not sure that it's related to temple+.

I've tried opening the Fire Temple Chest (the one near the salamanders fight) and, strangely, if I fail my first attempt to disarm the trap, it isn't possible to retry disarming it, and it also isn't possible to open the chest thereafter.

It may not be a bug, but it does look like one. And since I haven't encountered many bugs until now (not a single major one, in fact, just 2 CTDs), I was wondering if it could be related to the change of version of temple+.

^ Top  
  12. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Hi! Glad you like it.

Can you send the save to the help email? templeplushelp @gmail.com

^ Top  
  13. Berul Literate

Berul
    Done :)

^ Top  
  14. Mcin Literate

Mcin
    Temple+ shortcut. First run was configurator. I'm usually using windows account with no admin rights.
    And with recent release, auto-updater worked.

^ Top  
  15. Mcin Literate

Mcin
    Looks like I found another bug - when I start new game with custom made characters, my Male Wood elf turns into female wood elf, and male stronghearr halfling turns into Female Gold Dwarf.
    This looks like introduced with 1.0.76
    Also, this seems to affect my old save that I posed already.
    This affects characteristic modifiers - other character stats seem to be in place.

Playesrs and save attached:
    https://www.rapidshare.com.cn/lNsMt4z
    https://www.rapidshare.com.cn/jBLu38w

^ Top  
  16. Damianus_NT Novice

Damianus_NT
    Hi, I have a small issue with the ToEE interface (using Temple+).

When I hover the mouse cursor over an item in character's (or shopkeepers) inventory, both the on-cursor item description (price or "SHIFT click for more info.") and the detailed description below do not appear. You have to move the cursor once more (even a single pixel) if you want descriptions to show up.

In the original, box version of the game (patch 2), GOG version and GOG version with Co8, there is no such problem. The item description appears shortly after you point at the item.

Only when using Temple+ one needs to point at the item, and then move the cursor slightly to trigger the description.

Is this normal behaviour or some sort of a bug? Is there any workaround? I hope this is a right place to ask.

I have finished the vanilla game for the first time recently, and I can't wait to play it through once more with Co8 and Temple+. Both these projects seem glorious.

EDIT:
    Here's a link to a short video demonstrating this weird issue.
    https://youtu.be/7iD2Z3u1GwU
    Temple+ v1.0.76

EDIT 2:
    Temple+ v1.0.77 has the same problem.

Last edited: May 20, 2020 at 10:20 AM
    ^ Top  
  17. Mcin Literate

Mcin
    I do not see the issue on temple+ 1.0.75.

^ Top  
  18. Thomas Evans Literate

Thomas Evans
    So, I just fired up T+ and it updated to 1.0.77. However, there is nothing documenting this. Anyone know what's up?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    It's a hotfix release. Update release notes.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Al-hazred Barely Literate

Al-hazred
    Hello everyone,
    I've started a new TOEE run and I wanted to try the swashbuckler class, added in the last Temple + update. The class feature Insightful Strike gained at level 3 doesn't work properly, Intelligence bonus to damage rolls doesn't add.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Dr. Bak Novice

Dr. Bak
    I 'm forwarding some issues that have been sent to me:

-Crash report
    Show Spoiler
    Configuration
    ToEE GoG + Co8 + TPlus 1.0.77

Reproduction steps
    Game often crashes after changing area, either travelling, exiting buildings or teleporting

Attaching files (dmp, log and the latest savegame used before the crash)
    http://wikisend.com/download/946164

-Enlarge person seems to stack with righteous might
    -All rods list Craft Magic Arms and Armor in their prerequisites
    -Potions can target other concious characters. Legal targets are supposed to be the user (standard action) or unconcious creatures (full round actions)

Thanks for the recent updates! :hug:

^ Top  
  22. Berul Literate

Berul
    I'm also having crashes when changing areas (aswell as when loading a game).

Those crashes are random, that is : the game might crash twice in a row when I try to load a save, then load it fine. When changing areas, it won't crash everytime, but there's a good chance it does.

This first appeared during my last playthrough, not long after rescuing Prince Thrommel. Since I though the save files were corrupted, I started a new game. Everything was fine until I reached the temple, then I rushed to rescue Thrommel, and I had the same kind of crash just after a random encounter when going back to Hommlet.

I'm not sure that it's related to Thrommel's rescue, but the fact is that, in both playthroughs, it started happening not long after.

Also, minor bug : Aasimars and thievlings get 1 extra skill point from being human (which they shouldn't get) at each level up starting at level 2.

Edit : I have savegame just before rescuing Thrommel, and another one just after rescuing him (still in the temple). No fight occured between the 2 saves. The first one loads fine (I tested that 9 times), while the second one crashes maybe 50% of the time.

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 10:23 PM
    ^ Top  
  23. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Did you by any chance get his armor and have a dwarf wear it?

^ Top  
  24. Berul Literate

Berul
    Yes indeed Oo. Is that a know bug ? Seems kind of weird.

If this means that my dwarf tank can't wear Thrommel's armor, what about a regular mithral Full plate ? Does that also crash the game ?

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 11:54 PM
    ^ Top  
  25. __doug__ Novice

__doug__
    I did a real quick check and it worked as I expected. What armor and weapons did your character have?

The ability is restricted based on the character's equipment. I probably either implemented the check wrong or your character had the wrong equipment to use insightful strike.

Insightful Strike (Ex): At 3rd level, a swashbuckler becomes able to place her finesse attacks where they deal greater damage. She applies her Intelligence bonus (if any) as a bonus on damage rolls (in addition to any Strength bonus she may have) with any light weapon, as well as any other weapon that can be used with Weapon Finesse, such as a rapier, whip, or spiked chain. Targets immune to sneak attacks or critical hits are immune to the swashbuckler's insightful strike. A swashbuckler cannot use this ability when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.

^ Top