Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Text Adventures In The Age Of Decadence

Melcar

Arcane
This shit still going on?

visions

Arcane
Kosmonaut said:
Wang Lo said:
Things like parties or perks or complex game system don't matter.
For you don't matter. But there are people that indeed enjoy that stuff.

Wang Lo said:
Combat don't matter.
In your dreams, maybe. Why don't go an play Bejewelled instead?

Wang Lo said:
In fact nothing matters but a couple things which I say matter!
Ha ha oh wow! "All of you are wrong manboons and only I'm right!". What a fucking inflated ego you have.

You failed your irony check here, Kosmo bro. He is using sarcasm for attacking what he sees as VD's stance.

Kosmonaut said:
Wang Lo said:
Oh, and all the medication is because I have tripolar disorder, a perfectly legitimate condition.
So you switch personalities. From bullshitter, to troll, to obsessive stalker. That explains a lot!

Actually, the tripolar disorder seems to be something like this:

Tri-Polar Disorder refers to a particularly vexing personality disorder caused by the interaction of Borderline Personality Disorder and Bi-Polar Brain Disorder.
(Note: the former is a personality disorder, and the latter is a brain chemistry disorder.)

When a sufferer of Bi-Polar (commonly known as Manic-Depressive) also has Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) (see http://www.bpdcentral.com/), a third polarity state often manifests. We call this Manic Dysphoria (dysphoria is the opposite of euphoria).

Manic Dysphoria is an uncontrollable and irrational state of anger, often accompanied by associated psychosis, such as paranoia or hallucinations.

Sort of puts things into perspective :lol:

Wang Lo

Novice
Tripolar is a real thing? I made that up on the spot. I am a fucking innovative genius!

Yes there has been a lot of failures to detect irony here, I am not sure if they are intentional or not though since the attitude here seems to be I will say something the opposite of what I feel to cleverly troll people derp derp.

Just because I make some of the people here look very stupid it's not like it's taken any effort or makes me obsessed. VoD got his dumbass pill comment from me mentioning remeron but I used that in order to get some sleep not for depression anyway.

Which again points out the serious irony as obviously certain dumbasses hang on my every word obsessively and even have created accounts to troll me or smoke me out. And I started off liked enough posting here so it should be more apparent it's a reponse to this kind of idiocy than the idea I am a revenge driven madman. It's not me making you look stupid, but you yourselves that make you look so fucking stupid, and the deepest irony is probably VD can't even grasp just what a dumbass he is to talk shit to guy who shows his own animated characters in his own engine in comparison to torque pack characters with walk cycles where knees and elbows don't bend at all in a super crappy engine for a game that won't ever have basic stability let alone do well when it comes time to debug content.

To give an example of this, I have been playing JA 2 like crazy for a while now, and you constantly get little niggles like after you capture the SAM site Ira says "this is where the queen has the sams! Prepare for a big fight!". That is, all the little details and making things make sense. This is a monstrous task, and when even the very basic software has crashes or stuff that's just not even done then the thought of how this will get handled is a hilarious one.

So no, not suicidal teenager, tranny, or even very angry about anything. Just some guy who knows better and decided you needed to be told.

AnalogKid

Scholar
Wang Lo said:
Of course VD is hardly more than walking lunchmeat anyway but the scumbag nature of the little fuck is detestable and is now on his permanent internet record.
Oh, SNAP!!!! VD is, like, so TOTALLY screwed now. How will he ever recover from his permanent internet record!?

:x

best giggle in days.

Rageing Atheist said:
Kosmonaut said:
Wang Lo said:
Things like parties or perks or complex game system don't matter.
For you don't matter. But there are people that indeed enjoy that stuff.

Wang Lo said:
Combat don't matter.
In your dreams, maybe. Why don't go an play Bejewelled instead?

Wang Lo said:
In fact nothing matters but a couple things which I say matter!
Ha ha oh wow! "All of you are wrong manboons and only I'm right!". What a fucking inflated ego you have.

You failed your irony check here, Kosmo bro. He is using sarcasm for attacking what he sees as VD's stance.
:facepalm: I was just parodying VD bro, but thanks for spoiling the fun.

Rageing Atheist said:
Kosmonaut said:
Wang Lo said:
Oh, and all the medication is because I have tripolar disorder, a perfectly legitimate condition.
So you switch personalities. From bullshitter, to troll, to obsessive stalker. That explains a lot!

Actually, the tripolar disorder seems to be something like this:

Tri-Polar Disorder refers to a particularly vexing personality disorder caused by the interaction of Borderline Personality Disorder and Bi-Polar Brain Disorder.
(Note: the former is a personality disorder, and the latter is a brain chemistry disorder.)

When a sufferer of Bi-Polar (commonly known as Manic-Depressive) also has Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) (see http://www.bpdcentral.com/), a third polarity state often manifests. We call this Manic Dysphoria (dysphoria is the opposite of euphoria).

Manic Dysphoria is an uncontrollable and irrational state of anger, often accompanied by associated psychosis, such as paranoia or hallucinations.

Sort of puts things into perspective :lol:
See my post above.

Edit: Ups! Wrong account.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
If I promise to buy the game will you release it already? For god's sakes you guys are harder than t Mormon schoolgirl.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
­Schattenjäger said:
Eh, didn't really work. I didn't notice it until you said it. VD is more than just quote-master... he is a lot better with subtle sarcasm, though I guess you get a pass for not being a native English speaker. Also he doesn't really quote out of context, though of course he does selectively quote.

Nice try. 6/10?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Mangoose said:
­Schattenjäger said:
Eh, didn't really work. I didn't notice it until you said it. VD is more than just quote-master... he is a lot better with subtle sarcasm, though I guess you get a pass for not being a native English speaker. Also he doesn't really quote out of context, though of course he does selectively quote.

Nice try. 6/10?

:(

Wang Lo

Novice
AnalogKid said:
Wang Lo said:
Of course VD is hardly more than walking lunchmeat anyway but the scumbag nature of the little fuck is detestable and is now on his permanent internet record.
Oh, SNAP!!!! VD is, like, so TOTALLY screwed now. How will he ever recover from his permanent internet record!?

:x

best giggle in days.

And again, with the irony of not getting obvious ironic humor. Here's a hint, there's someone on the board who is quite serious business, even making a super gritty grimdark mature game, a guy with with an ego the size of a house and brain the size of the pea. Oh I give up, it's VD of course, who takes these boards quite seriously as it's obvious to tell. Why he engaged an obvious troll named bluegrazz for like 100 posts when if he were anyone normal he'd simply say thanks for interest in game, cool story bro, we're releasing next spring (no rilly!!), catcha on the flip side.

This is like wine in front of me but with retardartion. Am I just pretending to not get that I don't get that you don't get. I think I'll have some froyo. Be back in a couple years to check on progress and mock VD some more.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Yeah I don't know anybody who would be serious business about a product they have been personally working on. Totally sounds retarded bro.

Kenneybounces

Novice
Hey Wang, it sucks to be a failure. It'll continue to suck even more if you don't realise that you're one and you blame other people for it.

Making a comment about creating a model from the bone, and then not texturing it makes you sound like a failure. Declaring yourself superior because other people didn't do it makes you sound really sad. :(

AnalogKid

Scholar
Wang Lo said:
Oh I give up
Wanna bet?
it's VD of course, who takes these boards quite seriously as it's obvious to tell.
VD is a tenacious son of a bitch, almost to the point that it's not worth debating with him, which is too bad because he does generally have valid justifications hidden behind his quote-a-thons. It's not because he takes these boards so seriously, it's just because he's a tenacious son of a bitch. He's got more "fuck you, I'm not blinking" in him than just about the rest of the 'Codex combined. I don't keep up with Alts, so I have no clue who you are or how long you've been around, but from all your butthurt, I'd say you're finding that out, first hand.

Actually, that's the only reason I give AoD any chance of actually coming out. I have supreme confidence in one aspect of VD: no way he blinks.

Norfleet

Okay, what's the deal with this "Age of Decadence" thing? Is this some sort of in-joke I don't get? People keep talking about it, yet it doesn't appear to actually EXIST. Is this the Hivemind's version of Duke Nukem Forever?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Norfleet said:
Okay, what's the deal with this "Age of Decadence" thing? Is this some sort of in-joke I don't get? People keep talking about it, yet it doesn't appear to actually EXIST. Is this the Hivemind's version of Duke Nukem Forever?
Norfleet said:
You know, I keep hearing about this alleged game, and yet, anytime I actually try to verify this game's existence, I come up empty. Not a shred evidence suggests this game actually exists. I am forced to conclude that this "Age of Decadence" business is the drug-induced hallucination of the Hivemind, and has no more existence than does Duke Nukem Forever.
Norfleet said:
Wait, this game actually exists? How does something which doesn't actually exist receive polishing, anyway?
Trying to hard.

laclongquan

Arcane
Yeah, we dont know if Norfleet is a failure of a troll, or just some ignorant Codexer. crawl-out-from-a-rock Codexer, considering the combat demo got the whole Codexia jumping around like a pack of teenage girls with vibrators inside.

Melcar

Arcane
The combat demo was banal shit boring, to be honest.

*loads up the AoD combat demo for the fucktenth time*

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I played the first release of the combat demo and I didn't really have any problems running it. So what changed in the later versions of the demo? Did they add stuff? I think it was around last christmas I tried it so I don't remember too much but you could buy items, enter an arena, repeat x amount of times, then enter some sort of villa if you win the arena get raped up the ass, then Demo over.

Melcar

Arcane
Bug fixes and re-balancing/tweaking game mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom