Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware That Which Sleeps - Vaporware Strategy RP

hivemind

don't worry the alpha testing is going forward very well

just got a patch that fixed a shitload of bugs and added some fun new experimental features, this is gonna be a legendary game once it is released while grimoire is already pretty much forgotten

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Chinese indie swoops in, making a casual version of elder god simulator, Elder Chaos:

ss_d565d1ca7be34e7da628fa353c9df431b3802a4d.600x338.jpg

ss_d9bc98331aca98c6cf5f76150f4038ea1265a3cb.600x338.jpg

Features:
  • 6 deities with powerful skills you can control
  • Various facilities with different functions
  • Distinct monsters are at your service
  • Combat with cunning investigators
  • Evaluation system for star collection
  • Stellar Map to unlock different skills with stars
  • Numerous random events make the game more unpredictable
  • Three themes with multiple stages are waiting for your exploration
  • Gallery for monsters, investigators, facilities and Old Ones

(Yeah, they make mobile games.)

It doesn't look sexy as TWS seemed to be, but hey, it's coming this month!

They even got this on store page in case you don't know how to use its complex UI:

Here are some tips for basic operations:
1. Emerge facilities - LEFT click the area spot and you will find all the facilities you could emerge.

555-rv2rm7bv.png

2. Summon servants, upgrade facility, recycle facility - Right click the facility and there are three icons for different operations.

qq%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20170731113529-xbppr4kq.png

How to command servants?
Once you’ve emerged a facility and summoned servants, you could do the following things:
  • Attack - Drag the servants to an investigator to trigger a combat
  • Move - Drag the servants to other areas
  • Recycle - Drag the servants to the bottom icon (recycle area) to gain back a few resources
qq%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20170731115947-i7gsuuiv.png

Last, don’t forget to click the confirm button![/qiote]

kazgar

Arcane
That Which Sleeps

Going forward I will be posting a video every week until release, please keep your eyes on the YouTube channel for updates as I move forward. I understand the healthy skepticism you may feel towards that statement and respect it.

I apologize for the silence - I haven't dealt with the defects both in development and in design in a respectful or professional manner. I've essentially put four years of my life into this game and the setbacks that recur have felt crippling at times and I turn inward as a coping method.

The game is in a good state - it's complex, polished, and rich with content. I'll be working hard to get it out to you as soon as possible.

Design wise obviously a lot of things have changed. The major changes have been gating challenges behind Local Assets and with Profile being fluid. I'll write up a full description of the mechanics and the implications they create/solve in the next update.

Iwannabearock

Novice
Did he said one video every week? WTF; that's not normal! What happened with my precious Josh; he may be sick or finally crazy
:what:

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
First Shafer dusts off his abandoned project, now this? Truly, Christmas came early this year.

In all seriousness though, it will take a lot of YouTube videos to rebuild my trust. Remember, this guy has already recorded some 'gameplay' videos a few years back and they turned out to be fake. This could be just another ploy to get the lawsuits off his back (can't sue me, I'm still working on it, see?). Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he lost all the game code in a freak HDD accident a few months ahead.

On the other hand, if this game actually comes out and isn't a bug-ridden shallow shitfest, I'll consider this the biggest gamedev miracle of the decade.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In all seriousness though, it will take a lot of YouTube videos to rebuild my trust. Remember, this guy has already recorded some 'gameplay' videos a few years back and they turned out to be fake.
Would also explain why this update took so long.
While he got good at photoshopping, he's new to the world of advanced video editing.

I believe people more knowledgable in the subject proposed that it would be much easier to create an empty shell of a game using Unity than to animate an entire video. As in, all the assets are real, but there are no mechanics behins them, everything is prescripted, etc

I find it hard to believe that the game is in the state he claims. If he really had a polished and content rich game like he claims, why the hell wouldn't he release it to the backers? That
would certainly shut a lot of us up and generate a new wave of hype.

On the other hand, I also doubt the game is (for the most part) a fake. If that is the case, what would be his long-term goal? Spend the rest his life building a virtual Potemkin village so that he can justify not providing refunds?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom