Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware That Which Sleeps - Vaporware Strategy RP

Nahel

Arcane
One part of my innocent heart still wish for that game to be released...
Or something similar to it...
Of the course the guy probably spent everything on hookers
:mixedemotions:

Last edited:
Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Apparently this is another salvage attempt of the concept

https://store.steampowered.com/app/958740/

Magic is a sin. It corrupts everything it touches.

Those who use magic are branded as “Heretics” by the church, and heresy is punishable by death.

At the fringes of civilization, the mages of the Cultus Arcanum give themselves freely over to the Corruption – performing dark rituals to let loose untold nightmares upon the world.

It will take a powerful heretic to preserve the spark of magic against both the Church and the Cult.

You are that Heretic Operative.

• Control a secret society dedicated to using magic for the benefit of the world, at a time when all mages are considered “heretics” to be hunted by the Templars.

• Master over 50 different spells to overcome challenges in and out of combat. But be wary of the Corruption that accompanies magic. The more powerful you become, the greater the risk of losing control.

• Fight enemy cultists, zealous templars, and ravenous monsters through a unique dice-based combat system. Employ mercenaries, devastating spells, and powerful artifacts to prevail.

• Explore the Northern Reach, where the frayed edges of the Empire are under constant threat. From vast museums in the city of Ione, to the farms in the countryside, to ruined temples of ancient gods, to camps of raiding Orcs, every location offers unique challenges.

• Make contact with other Heretic Operatives and recruit townsfolk to spread your Heretical influence and stop the diabolical Cultus Arcanum.

• Encounter more than 270 different adventure cards, full of challenging decisions that change the way your story unfolds. Will you risk your life and mission to save innocents from a burning building or live with the stain on your soul from abandoning them? Will you stand your ground against the Orcs for honor’s sake or be more prudent and flee? Do you bother to learn all of the verses in the Elven Song of Greeting or is now the time to take a stand against ridiculous Elven ceremony?

• More than 7 playable Operatives (and counting), 6 different story decks, and 4 enemy cults, means your story plays out differently each time. Use different strategies and wisely deploy your resources to defeat the most challenging combinations.

Heretic Operative intertwines deep gameplay with a dynamic story to create an innovative and original experience: a unique fusion of strategy, RPG, and board game mechanics.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It is good he stopped paying for that site. more resources will be dedicated to game developement
wKIObml.png

Citizen

I personally dig seraph mechanics, enslaving the nations with necromancy and shiet

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
You need to force your tentacles through the fragrant door. Have your champion consume the Sacred Pint of Oorea for maximum potential blessing but (never) remember to deal with the fount of Hopw first.

Vagiel

Augur
Fountain names along with abyss portals and moon doors vary according to the direction the first contact ritual is directed towards. Be sure to have a cultist with enochian knowledge skill at master before you conduct it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I figured out why the game kept crashing on me. The physical ascend of Proctalgia should be a game over (or victory condition, depending on how you look at things) at this stage of the game.

Since I corrupted the paladin of Cylaria with my tentacle beasts, she is now my undercover agent. I wiped out all the other candidates for the Chosen One already. But since the AI has not actually uncovered the paladin, it still considers that there is a candidate remaining in the game and won't spawn more. Apparently the game over condition does not trigger properly since it is relying the same checks, resulting in a crash.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't like Belial's gameplay much as it becomes surprisingly stale during mid-game. It's a waiting game, when you sit with your agents and just wait until your influence grows. Sad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom