Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware That Which Sleeps - Vaporware Strategy RP

Citizen

So, finished the game with belial and seraph, and it's kinda... bland? All those mechanics sound fun on paper - training cultist, infiltrating the courts, converting the villages to some ridiculous occult ideologies, but the actual game is a just map painting simulator #1345, with some spreadsheets thrown on top. Tons of QUALITY content just wasted on the most boring gameplay in thew genre. So much wait, all the vapourware talks, and the final result is dissapointing.

Recommend me some mods that make this shit actually fun to play.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There is a nugget of truth there. If you are in a pact with other ancient ones, you won't be able to do much but on the other hand you'll easily be powerful enough to make sure you won't be discovered in time. As long as you make sure that the Chosen One won't emerge and that they are not announcing your coming in every church on every continent... no crusade, no heavenly horde. Easy, albeit boring win.

On the other hand, if you reveal yourself before you are ready you'll be reamed so hard that there is nothing you can do. You can't really win via brute force atm. Every Chosen One is OP as fuck and their relics need nerfing hard.

It'd be better if the other ancients were more aggressive with their own interests, now pact is too much of a no-brainer.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
trying to make the no agent gimmick work but its so fucking hard, requires you to get lucky with a start and perfect execution as well

restarted like 5 times today, fuck.

i'm not butthurt, i discovered the existence of this long after it was uncovered as a scam. i'm sorry for the poor guys who still hope or just don't know and look at this with the unshakable optimism of the dodo.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
golems are OP. sacrificed one town and now i have 3 unstoppable armies and im even making The Forests my bitch

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
>does know
>rides around on a gigantic bat casting choking gas
>golems stride through the forests and their elves and hermit wizards with ease
>game is broken

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Fuck I didn't realize golems are immune to spells. I wish they made those icons a bit clearer.

t: got raped by fucking gnomes :deathclaw:

Andnjord

Arcane
This roleplaying is stupid :<
Well that's the great thing about this game, isn't it? When you get good game mechanics down like that that are interesting in themselves AND so thematically engrossing, we don't even need to roleplay it. I mean fuck, the other day I had an moment straight out of a Silmarillon story when the Chosen One finished forging the Sword two turns before I completed the victory conditions. I had the last fortress of the First Men under siege, ready to capitulate but he proceeded to rape my Prophet in personal combat the next turn forcing me to withdraw and lose my entire undead army (I had gone for a necromancy build so my prophet was also terrible in duels). I would have save-scummed on the spot if it hadn't been such a cool moment.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
tbh I agree, people tend to larp with their builds too much instead of just playing optimal strategies like normal people, you think Whisper of the Deeps and Fairy Heart of the Golem don't work well thematically together? well fuck you, the bonuses stack and I'm getting my victory conditions done in record time

it really kinda drives down the quality of the multi-player environment when people intentionally play bad, it's especially annoying since I have just convinced the developer to add a couple of more months to the alpha so it can ship with a completely ready online multiplayer system with built tournament support

Iwannabearock

Novice
hmmmm maybe the dev had and accident :O a terrible one!! That may be the only logic and valid explanation about the the lack of updates =(
Does anyone know something about him???

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
lmao imagine not knowing that this game was released over a year ago. Sorry the devs didn't put it on Steam, normie. You need to buy it on the dark web.

So that's what caused the bitcoin collapse of last year, I mean the dev resold in one go all the coins he got from selling the game. Selling so much coins made a few of the exchanges collapse under the load and tanking the value at the same time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom