Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
inb4 next bioshock game a video game set inside a video game world

images

Athelas

Arcane
Holy crap, it's as if these game journalists/designers/etc. don't seem to think there's any middle ground between genocidal shooter and Walking Dead's shitty interactive novel.

Name

Cipher
So late to the party. Does anyone in this world (including Ken Levine) have a sound explain to the plot/ending/stinger of this game after this long time?

It's worrisome that MCA likes it. I hope future Obsidian games (if there will be any) will not turn into such too-deep-for-me stuff.

There is enough stuff in this world(like probability theory) make me have headache without contrived fictional story.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So late to the party. Does anyone in this world (including Ken Levine) have a sound explain to the plot/ending/stinger of this game after this long time?

It's worrisome that MCA likes it. I hope future Obsidian games (if there will be any) will not turn into such too-deep-for-me stuff.

There is enough stuff in this world(like probability theory) make me have headache without contrived fictional story.
Tim Cain liked Oblivion as well.:M Obsidian developers have shitty tastes. Avellone and other Obisidian guys already said that when actually developing a game, they prefer to allow for interactivity when possible instead of artsy, pretentious, scripted, linear nonsense.

want an explanation?
it's rubbish nonsense.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Here's an explanation: it's all bullshit. But it's not just any bullshit. It's bullshit that has been cynically designed to sound meaningful to idiots. The idiot's thought process, after finishing the game: "I don't understand any of this, it must be too deep for me. I'd better tell all my friends about how this amazing story changed my life forever, so they don't think I'm dumb for failing to understand it."

DeepOcean

Arcane
Here's an explanation: it's all bullshit. But it's not just any bullshit. It's bullshit that has been cynically designed to sound meaningful to idiots. The idiot's thought process, after finishing the game: "I don't understand any of this, it must be too deep for me. I'd better tell all my friends about how this amazing story changed my life forever, so they don't think I'm dumb for failing to understand it."
That is the best description of Bio Infinite, yet. You see when something is bullshit when people talk about it in hysteria.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
No. Well, he's hinted at it, but he's taken this very deliberate "oh there's something we intended, but uh, you guys can work it out yourselves, it's more intellectual that way!" stance when talking about it. Conveniently, it seems that to get "answers", you'll need to buy the next $20 DLC.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Either they Elizabeth kills Booker entirely before he chooses to be saved so Comstock never comes to being or she kills only the Booker who was choosing to be saved and Comstock never comes into being. Latter is likely given the post-credits scene. Elizabeth has her powers because part of her is in two different realities. The twins you see throughout the games are the same person from two realities, and also dead, but not really dead because they also had weird powers from the machines they built.

I think that covers it, basically.

Azarkon

Arcane

Either they Elizabeth kills Booker entirely before he chooses to be saved so Comstock never comes to being or she kills only the Booker who was choosing to be saved and Comstock never comes into being. Latter is likely given the post-credits scene. Elizabeth has her powers because part of her is in two different realities. The twins you see throughout the games are the same person from two realities, and also dead, but not really dead because they also had weird powers from the machines they built.

I think that covers it, basically.

images

Booker and Elizabeth exist in multiple dimensions, thus the DLC with the two of them in Rapture - this is a standard MCA motif, ie his description of Ravel existing on multiple planes simultaneously.

Elizabeth's relationship to Booker is the classic estranged, sexually frustrated daughter-father pairing Ken Levine loves - and so does MCA, see Annah in PST.

For that matter, Elizabeth's 'true name' IS Anna - a reference to MCA.

Indeed, the central motifs of both BIS and PST are the same - what can change the nature of a man?

Best of all, Avellone, spelled in reverse, is Eno Lleva - slang for awesome Levine.

Conclusion: Ken Levine is MCA.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom