Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

2house2fly

Magister
In the Bioshock Infiniteverse crossing dimensions affects your memories. Comstock in Burial At Sea did something bad and went to a different dimension to make a fresh start, and as a result he didn't remember the event that made her want to kill him. She wanted to trigger his memory so that it would suck for him as much as possible when he died.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I'll just straight-up admit that I haven't played Burial at Sea, nor do I ever really intend to, so I'm understandably in the dark about the plot, but

If Elizabeth just wanted to kill Comstock, why didn't she just fucking kill Comstock? Why bother going through the brouhaha of indulging him in his fantasy when she could just shoot him in the face and get it over with?
You've already put more thought into this than Ken Levine has.

Unwanted

Sycophantic Noob

Andhaira
Andhaira
In the Bioshock Infiniteverse crossing dimensions affects your memories. Comstock in Burial At Sea did something bad and went to a different dimension to make a fresh start, and as a result he didn't remember the event that made her want to kill him. She wanted to trigger his memory so that it would suck for him as much as possible when he died.

Why don't they lose memories every time they cross dimensions in Bioshock Infinite?

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Once in every 12 blue moons someone in the steam discussions page posts something interesting.

A very well rounded critique that explains the MASSIVE plot holes and the ending. Since if you were anything like me and can't be bothered to complete the game to find out what all the fuss was about then its all here.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Why don't they lose memories every time they cross dimensions in Bioshock Infinite?
Because Ken Levine is a hack writer and can't even figure out a set of consistent rules for how his universe operates, though he'd probably try to justify that by saying rules "restrict his genius" or something.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I generally hate David Gaider and his lames excuses to explain why his writing didn't got better with almost 20 years of writing but I have to recognize that compared with Ken Lavine, he is a genius. Bioshock Infinite: Herp derp, quantum shit and stuff is just hilarious. This DLC is just a cash grab, they gone to Rapture because 2K want money and Columbia is so fucking boring that people wouldn't buy that shit, the quantum shit and stuff storyline is just a cynical attempt to hide that.

2house2fly

Magister
They cross through tears Elizabeth opens up, which I guess are different from artifical tears caused by Lutece's machine, or the Luteces' weird quantum power which causes Booker to lose his memory at the start of the game. It's a handwave but it's relatively consistent at least.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Once in every 12 blue moons someone in the steam discussions page posts something interesting.

A very well rounded critique that explains the MASSIVE plot holes and the ending. Since if you were anything like me and can't be bothered to complete the game to find out what all the fuss was about then its all here.

I honestly think that this Matthew guy deserves to be way more known/popular than he currently is. Too bad so many people prefer the likes of 'Angry Joe' and 'That guy with the glasses'. (shit, I can't even suffer Spoony whenever he tries to actually add in some of his 'acting' in his reviews; however, when he keeps them clean I enjoy his opinions immensely)

Unwanted

Sycophantic Noob

Andhaira
Andhaira
I honestly think that this Matthew guy deserves to be way more known/popular than he currently is. Too bad so many people prefer the likes of 'Angry Joe' and 'That guy with the glasses'. (shit, I can't even suffer Spoony whenever he tries to actually add in some of his 'acting' in his reviews; however, when he keeps them clean I enjoy his opinions immensely)
True that, Matthew's reviews are top notch. They're always well-thought, full of sincere, informed opinions, and exhaustive. He's probably one of the most objective reviewers I've seen.

2house2fly

Magister
lmao "I don't like the game because they don't say nigger. That word again is, nigger. I want to hear them say it. By "it" I mean nigger. Sorry if I offended anyone by saying nigger, but I prefer to say it."

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

More whining about Bioshock Infinite being a fps.

Why can't I just play with my Waifu, what's up with all this violence.
emot-qq.gif

Ninjerk

Arcane

More whining about Bioshock Infinite being a fps.

Why can't I just play with my Waifu, what's up with all this violence.
emot-qq.gif

You didn't press play did you?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Just finished the DLC. It's more Infinite, for better or worse. I don't get the length complaints as it took me 4-5 hours and I still missed an audio log. If you're not going to look around and explore what the fuck are you playing this game for? That's its entire reason to exist.

Story wise... eh, whatever.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Im 4 hours in in this jew-racist-killing-people-in-the-sky game and its nothing spectacular IMO. Elisabeth is kinda cool I guess with all the extra animations and sheer amount stuff she does besides running next to you. Dem blu eyes.
Graphics are bit annoying, all looks cartoony and blurry cause of the bloom overload. I like the world detail and I feel its a bit of a waste all that cool stuff you see in the game is wasted on something that could be a much better game.
So far the game is a simple railroad shooter, doesnt excite that much, combat is totally ok, its shame all you do is go from set piece to set piece and loot a trashcan or two. I wouldnt mind it being a bit more interactive and gave you a bit more to do or god forbid, made you think for a bit.

If I compare it to the last shooter I liked, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Infinite doesnt come close to the "fun" factor that Gunslinger had when I played it. Im still waiting for something that makes me go "Whoa, thats cool".

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Or "whoa, the shrill sound that bird makes makes me want to kill myself even more than the big sisters did in Bioshock 2"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom