Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The adventure thread (Free beer and false advertising!)

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I ended up buying Primordia, I heard too many negative things about Shardlight on the thread here that I can wait until it's cheaper or in a bundle... Got many P&Cs to play anyways.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Played Beckett recently.

It is actually good, being not only edgy indie with the weird style, but good writing and setting too. Feels more like Burroughs for me, though.

08cc16bd24ea2730c651b96f2015f5664e6daa16.jpg

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Painscreek Killings is good !
You search everywhere in a deserted village and collect hints and objects to unlock the story.
It strikes a good balance of freedom of exploration and constraining for the purpose of making it a game.

Finished it: it's in good sleuth company with Deadline, Mortville Manor, Maupiti, Laura Bow, Obra Dinn.
If you like the genre, go get it.
Disclaimer : no NPC, no supernatural stuff (+epsilon)

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Opinions on these two series as they were damn dirt cheap this cyber Monday (and prolly Black Friday)
The entire Broken Sword Quintology (supposedly Septology to come) and the two games: Three Kingdoms Story: Conussia & The Book of Bondmaids.

Seems much of the Broken Sword series gets ok reviews and sone say best point & click around. The Bondmaids & predecessor get mixed reviews as incomplete, bad writing or translation, unfinished.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Opinions on these two series as they were damn dirt cheap this cyber Monday (and prolly Black Friday)
The entire Broken Sword Quintology (supposedly Septology to come) and the two games: Three Kingdoms Story: Conussia & The Book of Bondmaids.

Seems much of the Broken Sword series gets ok reviews and sone say best point & click around. The Bondmaids & predecessor get mixed reviews as incomplete, bad writing or translation, unfinished.
Broken Sword is very much a genre staple and Revolution did a lovely job on the first two - they're very much traditional point & clicks with 2d screens and graphic interface, brain teasers rather than insurmountable challenges. Then comes BS3, which is a 3D console game with action sequences and plays down stuff that made the first two so effective. BS4 strays back towards a more classic experience, but it's still a 3D game. BS5 is a Kickstarter product, ostensibly written for mobile devices.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom