Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
if we count the number of endings seen as number of playthroughs, i'm sure i've played through it 7 times AT LEAST already :troll:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Reminds me of Feargus telling a story about e-mail from a fan. It went something like this:

"I've done 4 full playthroughs of KOTOR2, and its probably the worst game I have ever played in my entire life".

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, final stats of the good doctor Tokaj, right before his ascension into GODLIHOODNESS

BKZtjeS.jpg

the proverbial 'hybrid that was spread too thin' (tm)(c)(r) that nevertheless was able to do just about everything there was to do in da gaem

damn i could squeeze even more sp by kealing all the automatons at hellgate and going to the ziggurat

or maybe by killing/nuking meru after he summons satan

anyway, in case it wasnt clear enough, albert tokaj is cooler than all ur faggy characters put together

Jose Cruz

Barely Literate
Hi dudes! First post here.

I began playing Age of Decadence today. I don't know much about cRPGs but I finished playing Fallout 4 a couple of weeks ago (the ending was pretty disappointing), played a few dozen hours of Dragon Fin Soup and now I am looking for something slightly more substantial. Since I always played combat characters I decided to take advantage of this more diversified game and I made up a merchant dude. So far, playing a few hours, managed to get away without having to fight.

I played real cRPGs in the past though and have been lurking in these forums for a few weeks now. I heard of Age of Decadence years ago and I was always interested to find out how a RPG set in a declining Roman Empire would look like (I am a big fan of classical history by the way).

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hi dudes! First post here.

I began playing Age of Decadence today. I don't know much about cRPGs but I finished playing Fallout 4 a couple of weeks ago (the ending was pretty disappointing), played a few dozen hours of Dragon Fin Soup and now I am looking for something slightly more substantial. Since I always played combat characters I decided to take advantage of this more diversified game and I made up a merchant dude. So far, playing a few hours, managed to get away without having to fight.

I played real cRPGs in the past though and have been lurking in these forums for a few weeks now. I heard of Age of Decadence years ago and I was always interested to find out how a RPG set in a declining Roman Empire would look like (I am a big fan of classical history by the way).

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/age-of-decadence.18/

ST'Ranger

Augur
There's a lot of discussion in this thread about C&C and the nature of choice in general in games. One thing I find particularly odd, though, that many seem to accept is the concept that fleshed out writing is "just fluff" or is somehow damaging to or orthogonal to choice. The reality is that without the "fluff", the choices don't hold any meaning to the player. The "fluff" fleshes out the world and sets the bar of expectations so that choices can have some meaning behind them. Choosing to act alongside two very different fleshed out characters will of course devolve to "do u want red shirt or green shirt?" if you're willing to suspend your humanity and dive down to the depths of existential nihilism in pursuit of edgy diatribes.

For me, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much of the setting and mood is made tangible by the writing. It would be very difficult indeed for this sparse graphic style to convey the kind of information that is essential to the choices available in the game. If I had one outstanding criticism, it would be that the game is more enjoyable with a little bit of foreknowledge/metagaming. The impact of this flaw is diminished, though, through extensive replayability. ITS really did succeed in making a very compelling experience, and I hope to see some other examples of this unique mash of features in future games. I keep thinking up different styles of characters during each playthrough, and it's eating away at the edges of my time.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Beat the game once as IG, nice, now let's make a merch- ooh there's a unique hammer, oh wait I can let Hamza kill that KingComrade lookalike.
Okay, Aurelian thing done, maybe a grif-ooh AXES.
Okay Axes run done, killed the lastest bloke, now for a Boatm- SWORDS!

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom