Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Alpha Protocol "I finished the game!" Thread!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Actually, there is at least one mission you only unlock through a specific action. It's dialogue only though, so not a "real" mission.

Don't execute Sis and you get a mission to talk to Alba in person, execute her and you get nothing

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
DarkUnderlord said:
and all sorts of missions you don't even get unless you pick the right choices in order?
"all sorts of" sounds like there's a ton, which isn't true.
it's a few conversation missions that won't trigger, and some missions will behave differently.
and some might have been lost when they made the transition to a game imitating me, considering none of the more interesting stuff like http://www.gametrailers.com/video/rende ... ocol/41799 or http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09 ... ocol/49823 is in the game.

hoochimama

Liturgist

Felix

Arcane
circ said:
I don't think she does anyway. Possibly she gets captured instead of Sie by Brayko, and you have to pick her or the intel instead.

What's interesting though is that Steve can spike Brayko's coke? Does that mean no boss fight (probably the most annoying in the game), or a quicker one? Does Steve help with other stuff too, if recruited earlier? I only had him for Taipei, and he seemed like the only useful char, other than Sie in endgame.

I fought Brayko first and none of this happened. It seem game does change a lot.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
hoochimama said:
But promotional CGI trailers rarely have any resemblance to the end game when it comes to rpgs http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sacred-ashes-dragon-age/57551
you have to read between the lines a bit. that da sequence is not accurate, but its outline is in the game. for those ap trailers, the meeting with omen in the subway is also in the game, and somewhat more or less is surkov interrogation even though he doesn't hang upside down, but some of that stuff does not have anything resembling it in the slightest in the game.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Eh, I've managed to hit every moment of sheer stupidity that made it into the game. So technically I'm finished since I won't be playing anymore of it.

Anyone else played it on the highest difficulty/recruit and managed to try and save Surkhov with both sides shooting at you? It's not fun since the Marines trying to defend the dignitary leave him to die and search you out if you so much as take a step outside of the embassy doors. They're also completely incapable of defending him on their own.

I go through an entire mission undetected, no alarms, all takedowns (because I don't want to kill marines or SIE's men)- perfect. And then I get thrust into some herp derp forced firefight that is impossible to win.

It's like they didn't have their heart in the concept. It really seems like they didn't even play their own game. I can think of so many ways they could have improved the game, and avoided these stupid amateurish errors.

The million dollar question: Why would anyone launch a game with the camera in the state that it's in? Holy shit.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
circ said:
What's interesting though is that Steve can spike Brayko's coke? Does that mean no boss fight (probably the most annoying in the game), or a quicker one? Does Steve help with other stuff too, if recruited earlier?
I had Steve do it.... it may be bugged I think, the first two attempts at killing Brayko it seemingly did nothing, the third attempt he died instantly after snorting it from his knife.

Steve has the occasional thing you can contract him to do, but it's usually something minor.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Sovard said:
I go through an entire mission undetected, no alarms, all takedowns (because I don't want to kill marines or SIE's men)- perfect. And then I get thrust into some herp derp forced firefight that is impossible to win.
that fight is quite random. on the xbox on easy recruit with no other hubs, took me four tries to finish it, surkov would always die to some stupid shit like running into a 'nade or me just getting pulverized by endless marine spawns.
on the pc, on recruit/normal, and doing taipei and rome talk missions first the fight was a breeze..
ran immediately right, overload, shock trap, the recharge ability, overload, shock trap over the apc, finish two stragglers with melee, fight done, no casualties.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
@OP

You really did manage to get the worst ending, did you? Did you even pay attention while playing the game?

Either way, there are at least 6 different endings. If you feel inclined to cheat, they're up on Jootube.

circ

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
Sovard said:
that fight is quite random. on the xbox on easy recruit with no other hubs, took me four tries to finish it, surkov would always die to some stupid shit like running into a 'nade or me just getting pulverized by endless marine spawns.
on the pc, on recruit/normal, and doing taipei and rome talk missions first the fight was a breeze..
ran immediately right, overload, shock trap, the recharge ability, overload, shock trap over the apc, finish two stragglers with melee, fight done, no casualties.
I did it on recruit first try, ran outside, didn't go to the roof, and had no problems. I didn't even bother checking his condition. Just run and gun the G22 guys with AR.

And 6 different endings? How so?

1. join Halbech. Ride off with your boat with or without companion.
2. Destroy Halbech. Ride off with your boat with or without companion.
You can also choose to save some CIA dudes or something, but that doesn't affect the color of your boat or anything.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
if you want to put it this way, there's only one ending: ride off with your boat.

Dragula

Augur
It said SIE would meet me at the bout, but she did not. I mean come on, get the shit straight Obsidian. Patch plz.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
you need to do something so sie can join you. i recall her moaning about me having to open some door after the copter fight, and then getting one less completed objective at the end.

circ

Arcane
She moaned about door to me too, but there were none. It was just Leland after chopper that I remember.

I think I sort of figured out how to possibly get Sie though. Don't rescue Mina, beat up Leland so Scarlet snipes you and maybe Sie shows up instead of Mina to fuck that shit up.

Deleted member 7219

I got rid of AP and Halbech, I redeemed Parker though, saved all the girls (fucked them too), went off on the boat with Mina.

Disappointed really, story and characters weren't all that interesting, and the missions were just straight forward run and gun. All you need to do is max out stealth and pistols and basically just walk through shooting people in the head.

I consider AP to be a waste of money.

circ

Arcane
"Near the end, I let Leland live and had Heck kill Scarlet (having max reputation with her, it seemed like I could've turned her to my side during the dialogue that followed... but she pissed me off -- and I have to say, her being an assassin was the only twist that surprised me), and the game ended with Micheal and Heck riding off into the sunset on a boat."

From someone else who finished it. So, I think getting SIE for boat by above description should work. Unless it starts wigging out about some fucking door.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
you don't need to off scarlet. she's there to kill leland, not you.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Well, for a game as short as Alpha Protocol I would need to be able to play it three times and enjoy all playthroughs to justify a full-price purchase. I will probably play it twice (it's what I do with most rpgs) but to want to play three times there must be some serious branching and variety in how to go about it to get me interested enough. If I can find enough evidence of that I'll buy it, but if it's not like that (which is sorta looking to be the case right now) then it will be a torrent. The third option is I can actually rent it on my PS3 (twice) and play it like that. I know aiming won't be as good as on the PC, but perhaps that's it? Has anyone played that version?

I'm really on the fence on this one.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
yes, he is.
Dicksmoker said:
but to want to play three times there must be some serious branching and variety
there is no serious branching. the key missions will always be the same and mostly play the same, but elements will be swapped around depending on your choices, you will uncover different intel, and characters will behave differently.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I finished the game a second time today.

Scarlet didn't even show up, and this time I fought Leland instead of Westridge as the last boss. Neither did Marburg, I just went and killed Leland and that was that.
In my first playthough, I killed Westridge, then Marburg shows up and left after I convince him Leland is evil and then I got shot by Scarlet and then she got shot by Mina.

Maybe I got a much less complicated ending this time because I let Mina die?

yaster

Liturgist
Not really, Mina rescue have little to do with it. I played through ending 3 times and it doesn't change all that much in characters behavior (except for Leland obviously). Once missed Mina, once rescued her and once killed. I think these changes depends on how much characters like you.

I think if you've big score with Scarlet she doesn't show up, maybe it is even possible to make her not come to Leland and not sit in the interrogation cell, or so I heard. I saw similar choice to convince Mina to stay at home instead of getting back to headquarters and being capture there.

How much did you have influence with Marburg? I had +3 or +4 and he said to me on the beginning of the mission that we will not see each other ever again, and he didn't showed up on all 3 tries.

circ

Arcane
I had close to 10 with Marburg and he showed up when Leland died and did nothing because I convinced him to FUCK THIS SHIT.

Anyway, I was wrong about Veteran because WHAT IS THIS MATH THINGS??

Veteran gives you 120 points to spend. I didn't take variable point costs into account, so yes, it's worth it, except you will probably have points to spare by the end.

Anyway, you stealth boys. How do I stealth the fuck out of the Lieutenant on the bridge? I take the three dudes below out silently. Pistol mainly, although AR with silent rounds seemed to work too. But once I get close to LT, he lasers me.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
If he notices you without seeing you, its because you are too loud, get a more silent armor or use silent running. Otherwise, use the crates and move forward when he isn't looking, his patrol route is pretty obvious.

yaster: I had poor rep with everyone, I think I had -10 with Marburg, Scarlet and Mina on my second playthrough. On my first playthrough I had +10 with Scarlet and +7 or so with Marburg... I did miss Scarlet's interrogation cell though, unlike my second time.
This indicates there is some truly deep C&C at work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom