Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Atelier series

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
Posts that did not age well.

bZo7qnG.jpg

Source

distant

Learned
Decided to try this based on this thread. Chipped away through Ayesha a couple of weeks ago, was pretty nice, wholesome, alchemy focus was novel, not very difficult (until endgame) but that's okay for the type of game it was. Loaded up E&L but decided to refund. I played Trails FC last year and just didn't feel like another game about kids falling in love.

Picked up Shallie and I like it so far. Not the type of thing I can play straight through but it's a nice palette cleanser. Story beats are more in my wheelhouse. Heard that they did away with the time management which is a bit of a bummer but I tend to play pretty efficiently anyway so not sure how much of a difference it would have made.

AliceAlcina

Learned
Picked up Shallie and I like it so far. Not the type of thing I can play straight through but it's a nice palette cleanser. Story beats are more in my wheelhouse. Heard that they did away with the time management which is a bit of a bummer but I tend to play pretty efficiently anyway so not sure how much of a difference it would have made.

Warning, I heard it has decay system.

Yeah, Ayesha has stunner story, but my favorite is Lulua.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Loaded up E&L but decided to refund. I played Trails FC last year and just didn't feel like another game about kids falling in love
that's nearly not all there is to the story. REAL story opens when you think game ends.

Endemic

Arcane
I'm confused by that comment. The romance in E&L is extremely subtle compared to Trails and you can opt not to pursue it... only the Plus\DX versions of E&L bothered to give it much attention anyway.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There are romance in these games? I only played sophie
I'm about to play Sophie, was it any good in your opinion?
decent. Story and characters is horrible but i heard it's basically one of the worst story in the series.

Mechanically it's fun, but i can't compare with the other games in the series, but i really had fun and creating overpowered item is rewarding.

Rat King

Educated
decent. Story and characters is horrible but i heard it's basically one of the worst story in the series.

Mechanically it's fun, but i can't compare with the other games in the series, but i really had fun and creating overpowered item is rewarding.
Ah so if I want a more story driven game I should play one of the other ones?
Thanks for the response btw.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

These games aren't really story driven but this is a question you ought to ask Shadenuat

Reinhardt

Arcane

It's "cute girls doing cute things" games. And by "cute things" i mean "nukes". If you want story faggotry go look somewhere else.

Rat King

Educated

It's "cute girls doing cute things" games. And by "cute things" i mean "nukes". If you want story faggotry go look somewhere else.
Really, I'm just looking for something that isn't another chosen one or end of the world story. I'm also a massive fucking weeb so I think I'll enjoy myself here.

distant

Learned
that's nearly not all there is to the story. REAL story opens when you think game ends.

I'm confused by that comment. The romance in E&L is extremely subtle compared to Trails and you can opt not to pursue it... only the Plus\DX versions of E&L bothered to give it much attention anyway.

I only played a little bit of it and felt like that's where they were going with the story based on the prologue setup so refunded it early. Good to hear that those first impressions were misguided. I'll give it another look when I'm done with Shallie.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I tried to play one of these with the word "Sophie" or something in the title but I hated that clunky indoor camera, and quite frankly waifish young teen anime girls in leather mini-skirts with bare long legs designed to make your willie do the watusi in your pants just ain't my beer, I guess.

Shadenuat

Arcane
that's bullshit. Sophie skirt is obviously made out of linen or similar material. and it's not mini, it's a classy round. also it's part of a dress not a skirt.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
that's bullshit. Sophie skirt is obviously made out of linen or similar material. and it's not mini, it's a classy round. also it's part of a dress not a skirt.

Okay, I might have mixed up my Ateliers and I'm confusing it with another entry in the series that I saw a screenshot or gif or YouTube video of or something, but so help me God, The Devil and the deep blue Sea of Japan, I did see a waifish young teen anime Atelier waifu wearing a leather mini-shirt with her long legs bear and walking away from the bad clunky from behind camera showcasing her behind with a little wiggle of her wiles. I just don't think it's all as wholesome as people claim it is, but at least it's not Rance with all the girls with puffies and too much baby fat wrapped around his pleasuring penis, I suppose.

Shadenuat

Arcane
oh there is some lewd in atelier. but it mostly varies from average temperature anime lewd to wrist slapping, arm breaking, into fbi car shoving lewd you're supposed to find slightly adorable and not fap on.

Endemic

Arcane
Okay, I might have mixed up my Ateliers and I'm confusing it with another entry in the series that I saw a screenshot or gif or YouTube video of or something.

Atelier Ryza is less wholesome, probably the one you saw.

Gerrard

Arcane
Only by channeling your desires into your work true art may be crafted. You cannot draw cute anime girls if you're not a pervert, that's what Kishida Mel said.
Considering the modest fanservice of the Arland series he's probably a much bigger pervert on the inside than the guy who made Ryza's blatant pandering.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom