Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Atelier series

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I like my anime tiddies but that creature looks prosperous af, like someone went apeshit with Photoshop.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you needed any more more proofs that retardera is pure evil - now they are attacking Atelier, because everything beautiful is haram in their eyes.

http://archive.is/2dhhR
That design is fucking awful though.
it's legit looks gross. i love ass and tits as much as the other guy, but the beauty lies in the proportion. how each part complement each other, the subtle, soft lines that made up woman's curves and shape. it's like pizza. i love me some pizza, i love cheese and pepperoni, but it would be gross to have a pizza with 1kg or cheese and tons of pepperoni stacked into the pie without any consideration of its proportion.

Reinhardt

Arcane
From all 4 pictures only her butt on last one looks really off and after watching some videos i think even this is just part of her weird costume.

AAHocjk.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
Last games sold real bad huh

Would be funny if Dusk series would outsell new one on PC alone

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Last games sold real bad huh

Would be funny if Dusk series would outsell new one on PC alone
the price kinda hurt the sales for me. it's full priced with no regional price whatsoever. i dunno why devs do this. better get sales with less price from some lesser region, than no sales at all.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just revive and makes good Ar Tonelico games pls Gust
i played ar tonelico game in ps2 cos one of my weeb friend can't shut up about it , and i find it awful. generic ass shit jrpg. generic setting, generic plot, generic character and i remember some of the combat is unique and kinda fun but i didn't finish it cos it got boring.

I mean if Ar Tonelico is generic then the Arlier is more so.

And localization of the 2nd game was butchered to get as much as innuedo as possible by NISA.

My attraction to the series tho is the Hymnos. I find a lot of them very enjoyable. Even Ar Tonelico 3 with its not so good combat has good hymnos.

Gerrard

Arcane
https://gematsu.com/2019/09/atelier-ryza-sales-top-150000-in-first-week-in-japan

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout sold more than 150,000 copies during its first week of release in Japan last week, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
LOL NO
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201910/02184425.html
>78966
Before someone goes BBBBut muh digital! In Japan digital sales are nowhere near what they are in the west.

Love how even WSJ just repeats whatever rumors.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Before someone goes BBBBut muh digital! In Japan digital sales are nowhere near what they are in the west.

Love how even WSJ just repeats whatever rumors.

WSJ reporter says the number is from Koei Tecmo.

(Also I think digital sales are more larger in games for dedicated ("otaku") gamers.)

Koei Tecmo's earning release is few weeks away anyway, we will see public announcement then.

Gerrard

Arcane
Don't also forget the fact that when Rorona released on PS3 in 2009, there were 3 million PS3s sold in Japan. Today PS4 sold 8,4 million and Switch 9,1 million in Japan.

TigerKnee

Arcane
has no time management
Time Management has been on and off as an Atelier feature recently (unfortunately, since the ones without time limits tend to suck)

AND no magical girl style...
Magical Girl style is a Kishida Mel thing. Outside of his Arland Trilogy the rest of the Atelier girls (and this is a series that has like 15 something games already) tend to have pretty down to earth outfits.

whats left of Atelier then, just some crafting?
I mean yeah, that's supposed to be the big selling point of Atelier.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I would't call lots of that design down to earth lol.

Rorona had more down to earth average anime fantasy design.

Gerrard

Arcane
What was that shit about "realistic proportions" in the first interview again?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What was that shit about "realistic proportions" in the first interview again?

Don't you know that Japanese girls all looks like that?

I know because I've watched lot of animes.

Yeah if anything the old Atelier has more "realistic proportions", all things considered.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ryza has sold 160K copies in Japan and Asia according to Koei Tecmo's earning release. The best sales in the series: https://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/ir/docs/ir1_20191025.pdf

「ガスト」ブランドでは、グラフィック、システム、バトルの各要素を一新したアトリエシリー ズ最新作『ライザのアトリエ ~常闇の女王と秘密の隠れ家~』(PS4、Nintendo Switch用)を、 9月末に国内、アジアで発売いたしました。16万本を販売し、セルスルーでシリーズ歴代最高の出 足となりました。

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom