Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
You have to buy the Lilura GOLD™ subscription to read it, I am sorry.

Lilura why don't you buy a 2nd level domain (ex: www.rpgrenaissance.com) for 10 bucks a year on godaddy or elsewhere? Also, any opinion on Scroll of Taiwu?

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
The whole thing about paying to get information is also completely skewed. You have the thieves who treat you like a bitch. Then you have the evil vampires who treat you with some degree of respect. It doesn't even matter if it's insincere or not. They tell their price, which is more reasonable, and then they lay out a straightforward plan, as well as an opportunity to clean out the parasitic thieves guild from the city. You get to gib Gaelan Bayle and that sanctimonious nutsack Aran Linvail. That's cathartic. The vampires are going to turn on you but if you keep one step ahead there's no real problem. Two birds with one stone and all that. It makes sense. It's smart. It's not like there's any real consequences to your decision in any way. But, hey, it's the evil option. If BioWare had just made the thieves into someone that you could possibly trust and who treated you with respect instead of trying to blackmail you from the get-go, maybe the dynamic of the game would have been different.

I will point out that Bioware design in that case make sense because you have real trouble decide which to side. Choice and Consequence, biatches~ If the thieves are trusty and respectful it's no contest: human for the win. As it is "Kill the humans" have some possibility to be chosen. That is EVIL.

I'd rather play Icewind Dale 2 on fucking mute
It is the correct way to play IWD2. There's some things about its sounds and music that will absolutely break me out of gaming mood. I have my games aborted before I figure out the culprit. Mute the sounds and I can play it end on end, from insane run to HoF mode.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
nerd princess with an unhealthy fixation on IE games it is then.

My 102nd write-up: The Rules of Dual-Classing.

kensai.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Infinity Engine backgrounds scaled up with machine learning: https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/aemu8u/upscaling_bg2s_assets_using_machine_learning/

Upscaling BG2's assets using Machine Learning
renderTimingPixel.png

I'm experimenting with the dark powers of machine learning to upscale Infinity Engine assets:

Original - Scaled Up

Original - Scaled Up

Original - Scaled Up

There was no cherry picking - these are literally the only images I tried it with!

Using ESRGAN, more info here.

Feature for next version of BG:EE?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It is somewhat weird of BG2 romance system that women are hitting up men first, instead the other way around, as it is in real world.
Hot men disapprove.
:martini:
I have been offered money by women (and by men) for sex, let alone hit on me. And I'm not even that hot, I'm athletic, but I don't have a six-pack or whatever. It's pretty sad if someone hasn't been hit on. Besides, women are attracted to more than just visuals, if you are classy, smart and interesting, they will fall for you, even if you are a troglodyte.

atalero

Barely Literate
I want to start a new game of BG 1 and 2, but don’t know if I should start with EE version 2.5, wait for 2.6, or stick with originals and mod.

I really like the work beamdog did with Icewind Dale EE. It remains the only IE game I beat, other than BG 1

Any advice?

Stella Brando

Arcane
Now spell scribing failure, that's a ridiculous pain in the ass. A real kick in the balls when the prime loot is a spell scroll and it disappears into nothingness. Fucking fighters have it easy, imagine if their equipment acted like that.

Yeah, imagine if swords just broke apart in your hands - possibly due to some form of metal-weakening poison?

Like the same stuff the US government was shipping into Manhattan on September 10...

No one remembers poor Cernd.

Not to mention BG2's most memorable character: Black Ranger.

Last edited:

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
I want to start a new game of BG 1 and 2, but don’t know if I should start with EE version 2.5, wait for 2.6, or stick with originals and mod.

I really like the work beamdog did with Icewind Dale EE. It remains the only IE game I beat, other than BG 1

Any advice?

you can play EEs without worry

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom