Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Banner Saga

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is it really a Kickstarter project? I don't see any mention of that on their website or in interviews.

If it is, I think it's bad timing. I think people are going to start to get wallet fatigue pretty soon on these things. Also, they're not really established other than "Worked at Bioware in some capacity". I like the look of the game so far, but I don't see them getting a ton of money on Kickstarter.

MMXI

Arcane
Is it really a Kickstarter project? I don't see any mention of that on their website or in interviews.
http://www.facebook.com/StoicStudio
Stoic said:
David S. Hooker said:
Hey guys, I've enjoyed everything I've seen so far. Just wandering when the Kickstarter will start up? Really want to support your project. :D
Thanks a lot for the kind words, David. Or Kickstarter will go up on Monday, we're hoping for the best. Support from guys like you make this whole thing possible.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ah, so it is. I don't have Facebook so I don't really pay attention to those pages. Thanks for the info.

hiver

hmm... by that first look at the combat screen i thought this wont interest me.
But after seeing the trailer and reading my bros and chewbot posts here...

I see it very well might be something im going to be very interested in.

hmmm...hmmm...hmm!

Like the art design and the stuff about plot very much. Nice actors there.
For a second or two i was worried the guy with the horns is human viking, which would not be good even if it was a glorious joke in Eric the Viking.
;)

Kickstarter is a bad move at the current time unless they have a much, much lower target than the likes of Wasteland and Doublefine.

It should at the very least be started AFTER the Wasteland kickstarter finishes or they will be in direct competition.

That aside, the game has potential. I am a fan of the Disney-esque visuals

hiver

Yeah, i wouldnt be starting Kickstarter project now for almost a same or very similar type of the game...
Then again if they do, at least well see if two similar projects can run together.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Shiiiiit I was under the assumption that this was the OBS Kickstarter thread .. but anyway maybe when the next paycheck comes I'll put a tenner for this one.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
There was a lotta hullaballo about the kickstarter, but now that the combat only version of the game is out for FREE, no one is talking about it?

I LOVE the fact it appears to have minimal system requirements (apparently it requires less than the latest spiderweb games by Vogel) Unfortunately in order to play it I need to download the shit called steam onto my system. That will take some time as apparently it is a gigantic download...for reasons I cannot understand.

Anyhoo, I'll get around to it but until then can ppl here share their experiances with the game? Also, what will the full game have this doesn't? A story mode surely, but what else? More units? Some type of unit generation? Units able to attain higher levels? More abilities?

Also, are there any magick using units in the game? How many special abilities do units get? Can they be leveled up? What about multiplayer...is it any fun?

tried to try it.
every move took forever and the game lost connection before i could even finish a single game.

Stonewolf

Augur
I was superhyped for it when it was in production stage, even supported it with jewgolds but the actual gameplay in closed beta didn't really grab me, haven't tried it since. Poorly explained abilities/fatigue system doesn't help at all.

Artstyle is marvelous though.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The system is pretty solid, but I had my fill of it in closed beta. I'm waiting for the single player game to be implemented before I brave the god damn sky archer minefields again.

It's one of the few strategy games I can think of where units actually get weaker as they lose health. So the common strategy of bumrushing units one at a time is not so common here.

Also, the artstyle is gorgeous as has already been said.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played a little, but found the game extremely strange :
There is no downside to losing units (as opponents alternate one unit at a time), but there is a downside to getting units wounded :
So it is usually detrimental to kill the opponent's weakest unit, as it gives him more turns with his remaining ones. I don't really like the way it plays because of that, but I will still get the single player if the non combat decisions are interesting, as that can make for some interesting tactical puzzle.

Johannes

Arcane
Installing Steam (for the first time) in order to try this right now.

Edit: so the multiplayer game is not and will not be ported to Linux. only the upcoming SP part. Whatever then, I'm not gonna install windows version of Steam with Wine.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I really like the combat system. It's great actually: very simple, straightforward, anyone can grasp it after one battle or two; but at the same time, tactical and hard to master. Changing the paradigm from ganging up on one enemy to crippling as many as you are able to is a much needed breath of fresh air.
The graphics are gorgeous. The servers are crap.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
If you're gonna play a F2P game, Steam has far better options available than the Banner Saga.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Eh, I'm enjoying it as a casual game to play when I've got nothing better to do. Most people playing it seem to be horrendously dumb, though.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
All f2p suck donkey's cock.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm disappointed they took time out of developing the single-player game for this.

fuzz

Liturgist
Eh, I'm enjoying it as a casual game to play when I've got nothing better to do. Most people playing it seem to be horrendously dumb, though.
More challenging games start when you've got a fully upgraded team to 1st rank. System starts registering your ladder rating and you can finally customize your build, as you can't even change basic stats on not upgraded units. Most folks stop at 1st rank so don't upgrade to 2nd, longer queue times.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
If you're gonna play a F2P game, Steam has far better options available than the Banner Saga.

Such as? Just don't say DOTA, I'm asking seriously.

Planetside 2 and Tribes are decent if you like shooters. I'm sure they're better than anything made by someone like the Banner Saga devs, who came here begging for money, got a decent amount, and proceeded to get incredibly butthurt and run away.

Never played a DOTA type game in my life so I wouldn't know.

More importantly, Andhaira has Steam now. He should friend MCA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom