Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Director's Cut

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
They need to stop making games that require 1080TI just to run at high, especially when making competitive multiplayer games. What the fuck is with this new trend? It makes no sense. Like my machine is very decent. I can run OW on high at like 200 fps. Cod4 beta is barely running on 80 with everything low and turned off. Not that I give a shit about the game but I'd rather have shittier graphics and run at 150 fps then have to put everything on low just to run 60.

Jinn

Arcane
Watched ACG's review while waiting for the game to download and I have to say I really like what I heard. He was very positive, but definitely fairly pointed out a number of flaws. Check it out.

Jinn

Arcane
Sorry, was that video posted earlier in the thread?

EDIT: Ah, I see that it was. Well, either way, here it is again for anyone who missed it.

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry, was that video posted earlier in the thread?

yes, it is quite telling how people keep coming in here to post the one positive review for this game while ignoring the fact that ACG had brian fargo on his podcast and was a gushing fanboy... gee, it's almost like there could be some s h i l l i n g happening...

anyways if you guys want an actual blobber/dungeon crawler that is both good graphically and gameplay wise, check out:

it has more positive reviews than this turd, and I hear the dev will be releasing a huge update next friday

Electryon

Savant
The game is optimized like hot garbage. 40 fps out of the gate in the opening scene on a GTX 1060?? Give me a break. The game doesn't even look that good, which I'm fine with, but I'm not keeping a game that can't meet basic optimization standards for the recommended specs. Pathetic.

Jinn

Arcane
yes, it is quite telling how people keep coming in here to post the one positive review for this game while ignoring the fact that ACG had brian fargo on his podcast and was a gushing fanboy... gee, it's almost like there could be some s h i l l i n g happening...

Dude, I haven't even played the game yet. I thought Wasteland 2 was mediocre at best and hated Torment: Tides of Numenera. I was just posting what looked to be a nice review. Get over your butthurt.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
But the loot is randomized Original Sin style.

What does that mean, "Original Sin style"? Item attributes that are procedurally generated, like Diablo?

Is it not "Wasteland 2 style"? That is, static hand-designed items that are just distributed randomly?

I mean Original Sin style, sorry for the bad sceencap quality:

There are also tiers like in Wasteland like "Tattered X", "Fine X", "Rusty X" if it's metal, but there are some random stats within each tier.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Game runs like shit unless I turn on to Medium settings or use a custom mix of ultra/high/medium/low. But what kills me the most here is how with Anti Aliasing on everything about 5m away from you looks blurry as fuck like you need glasses. I turned the Anti Aliasing off and now everything at that distance looks less blurry but it's pixelated as hell. There's no way I'm going to bother playing this. Guess I'll just have to wait for the actual release / directors cut.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
With how busy this month is, seems a shame they didn't spend another month improving performance. That shit really pisses people off, see Dishonored 2.

Although on the other hand coming out before Kingmaker and all that other stuff may be better for inXile on net.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
It's unplayable at the moment , even on medium-high settings it drops under 45 and combined with the garbage fov it gives me a terrible headache, I mean jesus christ did they even played this game for more than 30 minutes ?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Eh you're all gay assed pussies, the lot of ya. Baaah it's not 21:9, waaa I wantz my 100 fps.

Sure game looks like shit and runs even worse so fucking what? A few years ago I replayed and enjoyed the fuck out of Betrayal at Krondor and for the last few days I've been wallowing with delight in Wizards and Warriors. Bah, the youngsters are weak and soft.

As for the gameplay, been trying the game for about an hour. I've never touched the old games but so far I do like the setting and writing in this one. Can't say I'm overly excited by the gradual opening, I'd rather create my whole party and jump straight into the game but beggars can't be choosers I guess, these days new blobbers aren't exactly streaming in like Albanians claiming to flee the Syrian civil war into Germany. Next sitrep later.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Load times are slow, and I had some hiccups until I turned down to a mix of high/med, but so far it's pretty playable for me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Thank god that we have two more promising rpgs coming out this month. Insomnia the ark could be pretty good and interesting game,might even buy it. Also kingmaker will be at least better than Deadfire.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected

Not related to the original post, BUT...

"Apprentice Robe"... requires training in: Apprentice Robes

REALLY? REALLY?! So you need a TRAINING to put on a shitty robe? How ridiculous! I mean come one: even a total idiot can equip a robe. Maybe he's less agile with it, but he still should be able to equip them. I hate these silly item and weapon restrictions in mostly every RPG, even in Wizardry. I would rather have penalties with such items instead of total restrictions :argh:

SophosTheWise

Cipher
It's unplayable at the moment , even on medium-high settings it drops under 45 and combined with the garbage fov it gives me a terrible headache, I mean jesus christ did they even played this game for more than 30 minutes ?

That's bullshit. What the fuck is "unplayable" supposed to mean? Yes, it's not very well optimized but it's far from being unplayable. Some people need to learn to chill instead of catastrophizing everything.

I've been playing the game for about an hour now and while it doesn't look like TW3, it's absolutely charming and fun so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom