Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Director's Cut

agris

Arcane
Patron
Lol, bought by MS and poof win7 compat is gone. $10 it’s a bit switch and they just disabled backwards compat with older driver framework and dx versión to please new overlords.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
thinking about giving it a run, but I have both versions, vanilla and director's and I've read everything about them, from shit vanilla difficult, to shit directors easy, to downgrade, etc

And I have not found any thorough analysis with the differences between versions

any insight?
The Director's Cut added a Song of Exploration allowing the player to skip the puzzles, which are really the only exploration present in the game, so I recommend playing the original version.

Or you could wait for the Producer's Cut, with another new Song of Exploration allowing the player to skip the combat. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1091980/announcements/detail/1691602358999846771

February 20 Patch - The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Update

The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut – February 20 Update
  • Fixed solved trap puzzles becoming unsolved after loading a save game in Kylearan's Tower
  • Adjusted some collision to prevent players getting stuck
  • Fixed bug when entering combat while some Songs of Exploration were active
  • Fixed crash related to navigating the UI
  • Fixed some tooltips having incorrect text in Chinese
  • Fixed crash/hang when exiting game
  • Fixed crash related to inventory filter
  • Fixed crash related to selecting abilities with gamepad
  • Fixed crash when the Blessed affix activated with no room left in the party
  • Fixed some instances of memory corruption that could lead to crashes

Saxon1974

Prophet
Tried to start this game at least 5 times and always just get bored. Really liked Wasteland 2 so not sure what happened with this one. W2 felt like a sequel to W1 but this feels nothing like the originals

ArchAngel

Arcane
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1091980/announcements/detail/1691602358999846771

February 20 Patch - The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Update

The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut – February 20 Update
  • Fixed solved trap puzzles becoming unsolved after loading a save game in Kylearan's Tower
  • Adjusted some collision to prevent players getting stuck
  • Fixed bug when entering combat while some Songs of Exploration were active
  • Fixed crash related to navigating the UI
  • Fixed some tooltips having incorrect text in Chinese
  • Fixed crash/hang when exiting game
  • Fixed crash related to inventory filter
  • Fixed crash related to selecting abilities with gamepad
  • Fixed crash when the Blessed affix activated with no room left in the party
  • Fixed some instances of memory corruption that could lead to crashes
So still no win7 compatibility LOL. So I cannot even play this game if I wanted..

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The only good game(s) that require win 10 are the Age of Empires definitive editions. And they can still run on win 7 if you are lucky.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Seeing all the praise and adulations for this game and Underworld I decided to pick it up. It was 1/2 off and I go fuck it. Fargo needs help badly during these desperate days. I bought the director's cut deluxe edition even. Lookies!!!!
Ip9NLpI.jpg

My papercraft codewheel pinned to a portable WD hard drive box. I solved the cosmic paper puzzle wheel. HUZZAH!!!! I'm sooo special that the sky has brightened and angels are singing. Then An avatar of Fargo came down and said: "WELCOME MY CHILD, THOU ART GREATER! PURCHASE MORE!!!"

And then, in a poof, he vanished, and my beer buzz started to wear off.

NOTE: laser printed to paper and glued on card stock & covered with lamination. I would have printed directly to card stock but printer ink smeared. Bah. Cut, paste and pin. Its ok.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL did those glorious devs managed to make digital wheel of uselessness,is it part of the game when you buy it ?

Incendax

Augur
I played vanilla on the highest difficulty and found it to be the wrong kind of difficulty. The enemies had extremely high amounts of HP. I had no problem winning, but I did it very slowly. That said, the scene with the forest was amazing.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I played vanilla on the highest difficulty and found it to be the wrong kind of difficulty. The enemies had extremely high amounts of HP. I had no problem winning, but I did it very slowly. That said, the scene with the forest was amazing.
Isn't that the case for 99% of games?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Damn, a pun? That explains why I gave up and used an anagram maker and STILL didn't get an answer! CURSE YOU, TRICKY CEREAL PALS!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ehhhhhhhhhh that is indeed a weak pun. I guess that was the point of KeighnMcDeath posting it in the first place, to illustrate a puzzle that is not good. Thanks friends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom