Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Director's Cut

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The loading times make me want to hang myself. Pretty sure it took like 10 minutes to load the level after chargen, and I'm not exaggerating.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
It's unplayable at the moment , even on medium-high settings it drops under 45 and combined with the garbage fov it gives me a terrible headache, I mean jesus christ did they even played this game for more than 30 minutes ?

That's bullshit. What the fuck is "unplayable" supposed to mean? Yes, it's not very well optimized but it's far from being unplayable. Some people need to learn to chill instead of catastrophizing everything.

I've been playing the game for about an hour now and while it doesn't look like TW3, it's absolutely charming and fun so far.

I dont find anything charming and fun at sub 40 fps and low fov that makes me vomit after a couple of minutes, I'm sorry that your standards are up there with a plate full of shit.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Are UE4 games that hard to optimize? I thought it was a decent engine?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's unplayable at the moment , even on medium-high settings it drops under 45 and combined with the garbage fov it gives me a terrible headache, I mean jesus christ did they even played this game for more than 30 minutes ?

That's bullshit. What the fuck is "unplayable" supposed to mean? Yes, it's not very well optimized but it's far from being unplayable. Some people need to learn to chill instead of catastrophizing everything.

I've been playing the game for about an hour now and while it doesn't look like TW3, it's absolutely charming and fun so far.

I dont find anything charming and fun at sub 40 fps and low fov that makes me vomit after a couple of minutes, I'm sorry that your standards are up there with a plate full of shit.

I'm getting about 45 fps on my i7 6700k and GTX 1080. Not just low FPS but very uneven with it. I hear people with a 1080 ti are not much better off.

It really needs some optimisation.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man this generation of gamers has become a bunch of whiny bitches. I completely get people to be angry about crashes but to claim that you cant play a game because you get "below 60 FPS at Ultra" is beyond me.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Technical issues were already visible with the 15 FPS trailer, so I'm not sure how they can claim review bombing. Although in principle I kind of agree that disabling reviewes for first 3 days or something would probably reduce a lot of edgy trolling.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've been able to confirm and confirm and confirm the CrowdOx survey for like five times. For the time just now, I received a mail from CrowdOx confirming my GoG key was confirmed. Oh, well.

I just want to play Bard's Tale 1 :(

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What? Did they not fix the tunnel vision FOV?

EDIT: this should be patched now! FOV slider!

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
And here we go. This "trusted review" seems to have leaked out early: https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/bards-tale-iv-barrows-deep

If you’ve just learnt a new song, the part of the dungeon you’re in is going to be all about you using it

I can clearly remember Prime Junta complaining the same thing about Torment Tides of Numenera:

Tides' quests often have multiple resolutions, which sometimes have consequences down the line. The designs, however, are incredibly pat. If you need to find a bucketful of nanocrystal chicken teeth for the Grand Snord of Qweebloth, you can be sure that on the very same map, or at most the one right next to it, you will find a destitute merchant desperate to unload a shipment.

InXile never learns. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Technical issues were already visible with the 15 FPS trailer, so I'm not sure how they can claim review bombing. Although in principle I kind of agree that disabling reviewes for first 3 days or something would probably reduce a lot of edgy trolling.

Most of those negative reviews are about how people can't run the game. Restricting reviews in such way will be shitty and anti consumer. I see nothing wrong with review bombing a game that doesn't run. People could just read the reviews and see what are the problems,it is not like reviewers are lying about it.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Most of those negative reviews are about how people can't run the game. Restricting reviews in such way will be shitty and anti consumer. I see nothing wrong with review bombing a game that doesn't run. People could just read the reviews and see what are the problems,it is not like reviewers are lying about it.

we need to protect the feelings of brian fargo or he may never release another piece of shit game again!!

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
What? Did they not fix the tunnel vision FOV?

Wouldn't a bigger FoV tank performance even more? Maybe this was deliberate to make the game runnable.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Performance gets much better when you leave the starter area/chargen. Dunno if it'll stay that way tho but I doubt it'll have a similar number of pointless NPCs standing around in the future too often. That entire intro scene is so weird in general, it's like wow suddenly inquisition run protag run.

Anyway, now that I've killed some bandits in the ssssssssssseeeeeeeewwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssss, game looks weird, but it could be fun. Stay tuned for more impreshuns at some later point.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Huh, those performance issues must have magically appeard as soon as they released the game, so unlucky for them, better tweet some obscure gaming site that praises the shit of my game first:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom