Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale Trilogy - remaster by Krome Studios

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/bardstaletrilogy

https://af.gog.com/game/the_bards_tale_trilogy?as=1649904300

11951870_1043811862296271_4965991367143918470_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1043811862296271

Last edited by a moderator:

Alchemist

Arcane
Hmm... the trouble is - the pixel art is incongruous with the higher-resolution interface. If they're going to do hi-def properly they need to redo all the game imagery to match. I think it was confirmed they aren't going to do that - so this weird mix is what we'll get.

If that's the case I'll probably just stick to emulators if I play again.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah they basically can't really do anything about the art, unless they hire someone to re-do it in a higher res, so it's going to sadly be scaled. Some people just get really worked up over scaling, I personally don't give a shit.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The interface is nice and all that, but man that scaling is pretty bad. They should just do a Kickstarter to hire an artist(s) to re-do all the art.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
They should just add an option to switch off that blur filter. The original pixels scaled up with no filer would look MUCH better than this, even if they'd clash a bit with the interface.

Dedup

Augur
Isn't Rebecca currently with Jennell Jaquays? Rebecca couldn't get Jennell to redo the art for her and scan it into the game at the proper resolution? I don't know much about art, computer or drawn/painted, so maybe there are difficulties I'm overlooking, but it seems like such a waste to use craptastic blur filters on the low resolution artwork when you're sleeping with a great artist like Jennell.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Isn't Rebecca currently with Jennell Jaquays? Rebecca couldn't get Jennell to redo the art for her and scan it into the game at the proper resolution? I don't know much about art, computer or drawn/painted, so maybe there are difficulties I'm overlooking, but it seems like such a waste to use craptastic blur filters on the low resolution artwork when you're sleeping with a great artist like Jennell.

Actually it's Jennell's work. :M

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Unlike anime, I guess I can get used to this graphics. But it's a shame it should look so bland and blurry, especially considering what Jaquays is (or at least was) capable of.

pippin

That shit looks worse than what they did with the Original Wasteland, but at least you could turn that off there. Also the modern Bards Tale has the old games integrated...

Prehistorik

Scholar
I suppose they( or she) are working with the dos version. Are they going to fix bugs?
Otherwise no point getting used to this mobile crap.

upwardlymobile

forum posting consultant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
putting automap in tbt almost makes the game redundant

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom