Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The best poster of the last decade

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Infinitron has done the most to keep this site talking about "RPGs" and not just being a place for rants this decade.

As Stalin said, quantity has a quality of it's own.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Crooked Bee easily wins because of her amazing Wizardry 4 LP.

The best thing I've ever read on the Codex.

Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Cleve, hands-down. Such a funny bastard.

Zep Zepo, you're a little man. Not just physically a garden gnome but a very tiny little man spiritually, mentally and emotionally. As a person who probably has a long unbroken criminal record for petty offenses, it would seem natural to you to steal stuff in order to get anywhere in life. Like you preyed on the release of my source code, by taking advantage of my no-DRM policy to peer into the binaries and make use of the code without my permission. You steal stuff because it is in your midget goblin DNA.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not necessarily the best posters, but MRY and Janjetina both stand out to me, MRY for his posts regarding RPGs and Janjetina for his insight on a variety of non-gaming related issues. JarlFrank and Blaine are also both very solid. I wouldn't classify Commisar Draco as a good poster, but his posts boost me out.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I like Dreed and Sukhāvatī as well. They come off as very swell guys that are easy to get along with.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore is a treasure that must be protected. Probably one of the wittiest, funniest dudes out there and made an amazing game as a cherry on top. I shill Grimoire where I can like some sort of doomsayer standing on a crate. By extension, Lady Error and Dorateen have provided insanely useful info for Grimoire that helped a lot when first getting into the game.

Roguey is cool too. Kind of like a walking wikipedia for Codex posters. I don't really find him/her creepy like some others do, a Codex without Roguey would feel incomplete.

J_C is another one I like, zwanzig_zwoelf is also another one I enjoy and they also made their own games that makes them the REAL DEAL.

fantadomat is awesome, I love that crazy Balkan fuck. I want to play an RPG where I can play as Fanta.

Commissar Draco is another guy I love to read the posts of. Dawkinsfan69 is hilarious with his posting and reminds me of that 1337 shitposting style from back in the 2000s which I'm down with. Beastro and JarlFrank often provide really great insight to various games and seem to say a lot of what I'm thinking when it comes to a game's design. Poos snagged himself a nice girl in her aesthetic prime at 50 years of age so that's gotta be worthy of respect/props. Lilura actually does run a fantastic blog that I've lurked and leisurely read upon discovering it, there's stuff in there I've either forgotten or didn't even know so it's always welcome to discover new things for classics I hold dear.

DarkUnderlord because I made myself a victim of Raptor Magic and it honestly made me laugh aloud. Scruffy because he seems like another chill and down to Earth guy. Infinitron because I appreciate his effort to keep news posted on games.

Honestly, I love most of you twisted fucks. Except Gregz

(jk gregz)

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Anyway, I realise this is a Makabb thread but in a serious poll Roxor would be up there for his reviews imo.

I'm more inclined to put him on there for making what might be the single funniest joke in all of Codex history:

I don't think ANYONE at this company would claim it is perfect, it isn't. I have been vocal and consistent about problem areas here

*sounds of Anthony Davis's health insurance documents being shredded in the background*

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
None,the codex is great because it is mix of our supreme autism! Individuals are specs of dust in time,the combined retardation of codexers has made this place stand out as a beacon of light in the dark desert that is the modern day internet! The combination of our retorts,banter and debates is far superior than our individual posts. :obviously:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apart from the people already mentioned, I would add:

Ed123 - Because of high quality reviews and being a man of a refined taste when it comes to other things. Excluding his lust for Resident Evil gay erotica.

Durandal - he should be designing shooters instead of wasting time here

sgc_meltdown - for all his work that drove him into madness. We remember.

WPFkZ.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom