Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Black Geyser erupts on Kickstarter

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Several posters in this thread express uncomfortable with the idea of greed infested the world.

Too close to heart, izzatit?
Nah, we just think we don't need a dark goddess to enjoy our native human greed. We can do greedy well enough ourselves.
"No, ArchAngel. You are the dark goddess."

ArchAngel

Arcane
Several posters in this thread express uncomfortable with the idea of greed infested the world.

Too close to heart, izzatit?
Nah, we just think we don't need a dark goddess to enjoy our native human greed. We can do greedy well enough ourselves.
"No, ArchAngel. You are the dark goddess."
That would be a cool twist at the end of the game. But this group of developers seem to dense to actually do something like that.
EDIT: At best you will turn out to be a child of Bh.. Dark Goddess :D

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"Join the baddie or fight the Baddie ... also, fight the baddie or join the baddie ... you can actually oppose the baddie, or, if so inclined, ally with the baddie" :lol: This trailer is amazing.

Ulfhednar

Savant
I’m blown away by the amazing choice and consequence - to loot, or not to loot, the corpses, that is question.

Will you be a paladin Mary Sue, or a Scooby-Doo villain?

The choice is yours!!!!!!!

Mustawd

But is the game inclusive?

On discord someone brought up that one of the school of spells is called "Oriental" and that it may be problematic. Devs basically shrugged and said "We don't think it's racist, and ppl are gonna get offended and attack us anyway. What are you gonna do?"

So not crazy SJWs confirmed, at least.

Prime Junta

Godspeed you lovable loons, may you grape the ocean of your dreams in a glorious geyser of greed. Backed.

Quantomas

Savant
Hmm, looking at the list of features, multiple platforms, and the art and equipment in the trailer, I am sceptical that you can do that for $50K. I only back unknown devs if they can show something solid, like The Iron Oath for example.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
"Greed is corrupting" sounds as surprisingly anti-Western philosophical and historical concept.
It just going against the minds of western people, doesn't look like it will be popular.

ortucis

Prophet
People can get any shit funded as long as they add "Infinity Engine" to the list of inspirations on the page.

"This is a Kickstarter to fund ISIS terrorists, so they can buy new RPG's from US contractors. We were inspired by Infinity Engine games and their AMAZING characters.. Torment."

BACKED IT!

Chaos and despair spread throughout the Kingdom of Isilmerald. Its desperate people cry out, praying to the gods for help. But the force they face is no mere plague of the undead, or demonic attack… Something far more sinister, far more primal is afoot. Avarice!

ISIL + Emerland = Isilmerald

:mrpresident:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure if the Kickstarter campaign will succeed, but I love that type of game, so - pledged.

Yeah, I think I'm going to back this just so we can see what happens if it actually gets funded. :P It probably won't though.

Don't be so sure.

This the biggest scam in crpg games, since InXile

Trending towards 342% of goal.
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/
:fuuyeah:

Don't know if I should back now or wait until the CODEX FUNDRAISER.

aratuk

Cipher
Eh… Sure, why not? I'm very tired atm, so pay now and ask questions later.

:grpg:

Throw everything against the wall, and see what sticks.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom