Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News The Black Geyser shoots its load all over Kickstarter

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Cleveland Mark Blakemore Golden Era Games Übermensch Developer

Cleveland Mark Blakemore
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    That's a stock animation for Unity you get for free and it is hardly one of the good ones in that pack. It's the sort of thing you get in a free anim pack and think "Well, I won't be using that one but the others are not too bad."

That monster is one of the free stock monsters available on the asset store and again, it didn't particularly seem usable but I wouldn't complain because it was free.

They should have asked me, since I own half the assets on the Unity store. I could have given them some incredible monsters to use in their demo.

• Funny x 6
    • Brofist x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. LubomiRTard Literate

LubomiRTard
    Parrots:
    Their Funds Allocate Chart on kickstarter page has most costs on New Art if I remember. Not sure if it's good or bad. Seems their new game play vid shows some original art and decent animations though not a rip off from unity stores.

They just got funded btw.

Followed this title, even backered it. I've doubts if a new team can make a good game but hey, we saw that happen and 16 euro (in MY COUNTRY AT LEAST) is not much money. I've consider it as a risk investment. Restaurants in Czechia / Slovakia (Bratislava) we sometimes pay many more for a meal hey.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. mastroego Arcane

mastroego
    Parrots:
    Not going to pre-purchase (that kinda thing is essentially over for me), but I'm now following the thread. We'll see what comes out of this...
    And I'm not even doing this much with that Pillars thingie, because of Sawyerism.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    I am seeing ads for this game on FB/Twitter. It looks like such a blatant rip off of PoE I thought it was a joke. Is anyone seriously entertaining buying this game?

• Yes x 2
    • "It was Aliens" x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • No x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. mastroego Arcane

mastroego
    Parrots:
    Well, I'm certainly not entertaining the idea of buying PoE.
    Which, BTW, is an attempt to ape the IE games, to begin with.

^ Top  
  6. Bladeract It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again. Dumbfuck

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    I can't believe of all the RPG engines someone could copy it's always Infinity Engine. Why, God?

On the bright side with the allusions to Black Isle Studio everywhere and being a game about greed, we could finally be getting a game starring Feargus Urquaheart as the villain.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. JonSnowIsAlive Literate

JonSnowIsAlive
    Parrots:
    Loooool Jenkem, you must be the funniest mentally disturbed codexer for sure if you somehow got into your head that I'm... British! I'm not, far from it actually, not that its in any way wrong or anything like that. Stiil, I have ZERO idea why you'd think that, but coming from you I'll take it as a compliment. It must mean my English has improved quite a bit, something I've struggled with for the longest time. Concerning that "Oriental" part, I was translating from my native language where that identical word can mean "Eastern". Also, if you read (you know how to, right?) on their website, the oriental school of magic is listed as originating from the "Eastern Empire", hence my comment.

Cheerio! (get it?)

• hopw roewur ne x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • Old x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    Parrots:
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. purpleblob Learned

purpleblob
    Parrots:
    Great, the most annoying person on Geyser kickstarter comment section joins codex... this is going to be interesting... :roll:

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Black Arcane

Black
    Parrots:
    Infringes on my copyrights. At least we know that if you want easy buck you just need to say it's IE games inspired or some such drivel.
    Worked for PoE too.

^ Top  
  11. JonSnowIsAlive Literate

JonSnowIsAlive
    Parrots:
    purpleblob :: Not really actually... at the time, stars were uniquely aligned (stayed home for two weeks between jobs) and thus had plenty of time to ask all kinds of retarded questions (well, not all of them, but you know... retarded is retarded). As much as I'd like to do the same here (and I think this place needs to, gotta find a proper substitue to GreenMagicSpell after all), I'm afraid this person won't be me :-( :-( :-(

Cheerio! :)

P.S. Very serious, possibly retarded, question this time (none's gonna believe me lol): has there ever been a thread concerning the "Great Shadows of Amn Consipiracy" on the Codex? I've managed to do something very nice about it and would definitely like to share/discuss it with BG scholars which are bound to exist on these forums. Let me know!

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 4
    • (autism) (autism) x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. JonSnowIsAlive Literate

JonSnowIsAlive
    Parrots:
    I have literally no idea what "hopw roewur ne" means... one thing I do know though is not to ask, so I won't.

Back to that conspiracy thingy, here's a blurry preview of what I call "The Conspiracy Map". The idea of a mind flayer master conspiracy is not originally from me, I simply played with it and somehow things blew out of proportions. Anyone interested? Just show me the right thread...!

[​IMG]

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 5
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 3
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Nazrim Eldrak Learned

Nazrim Eldrak
    Parrots:
    Ok this comes late, but I also supported the game on boxed edition lvl.
    :imperialscum:

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. JonSnowIsAlive Literate

JonSnowIsAlive
    Parrots:
    Huh? Will try again will a different hosting site...
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2018
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 3
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. JonSnowIsAlive Literate

JonSnowIsAlive
    Parrots:
    OK, OK, I love you guys, I'll stop being a tease. Here's the full image:

[​IMG]

So, basically someone over at that other bg forum I don't feel like naming posted some tinfoil theory positing that mind flayers had inflitrated just about every level of society and were, in a way, the true "Shadows of Amn"... I thought the theory had at least some merit, and thus started invesgating. Obviously I am autistic, as many here pointed out, so... yeah, read the entire scripts for bg, bg:totsc, bg:sod, bg:soa and bg:tob, even the sections that had been scrapped but left there by the original developpers. This map is the über-tinfoily fruit of that endeavor.

I never realized until just now how crazy this all sounds when presented like that... Oh well.

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 4
    • (autism) (autism) x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Bladeract It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again. Dumbfuck

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    Completely blurry image. Why don't you just tell us with words whatever it is you are talking about.

You can PM infinitron to start a new megathread for video game conspiracies, but may as well just post it here.

^ Top  
  17. Jenkem Liturgist Patron

Jenkem
    Parrots:
    which black geyser dev is this?

^ Top  
  18. Bohr Liturgist

Bohr
    Parrots:
    It's the narrative designer

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. JonSnowIsAlive Literate

JonSnowIsAlive
    Parrots:
    Not again?! OK, will give it another go (btw, the link is https://ibb.co/bS3XYT, so there's a backup plan in case my technological woes persist):

[​IMG]

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 6
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. imweasel Arcane

imweasel
    Parrots:
    Just say [​IMG] to shovelware from "big black cock" fetishists.

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I hope this guy isn't the art director.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. JonSnowIsAlive Literate

JonSnowIsAlive
    Parrots:
    OK, so apparently I was linking the website hosting the images and not the images themselves...
    :backawayslowly:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. JonSnowIsAlive Literate

JonSnowIsAlive
    Parrots:
    I honestly wish I could get a spot on the team, but I'm really not sure what I could actually do... I'm not a big C/C++ guy (which I assume Unity is all about), I'm really more of a scripter. What I intend to do once this game finally makes it to shelves is take a good swing at modding it, provided the game is not über shit, of course. I've tried modding the IE engine a few years back but soon found it to be a mostly closed community. This time, maybe, I get to start fresh. That's what attracts me the most with the game. For the rest, I do feel as many here do as well that "Crushmaster", "Oriental", "Put Silently" and the like are all odd-looking quirks a deeper understanding of English might have prevented, but hey, when life gives lemons, you make... a black geyser.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Bladeract It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again. Dumbfuck

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    Most game 'devs' today are just random scripters and 'writers' from forums or twitter who sucked enoguh cock to get hired, some of the more retard members of this site even managed to get hired by inXile including a tranny lover whose older posts were littered with the word "nigger".

Unity shitfest does not really allow the use of C++ even if you do have the source code, anyway. So a black geyser of fun could be in your future if you can get your foot in the door. Literal anal sex may be required.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I like RtwP RPGs enough that I don't want the genre to totally die out again. There's no telling when Obsidian is going to pull the plug on its revival so this is me hedging my bets.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)