Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline The City of Heroes Thread

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Lhynn, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Use Cream Soda instead, or click on options in tequila and add this manifest: https://icanhazchzbrgr.com/Manifests/Rebirth-i24.xml

I would of course recommend playing on Rebirth since Homecoming is Leo's shit easymode server and Rebirth desperately needs more active players.

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. deama Arbiter

deama
    I registered an account on this website, however I still can't login? Do I need to activate it or something?
    https://coh.ourodev.com/

^ Top  
  3. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    That's for the test server, you want https://play.cityofheroesrebirth.com/create for Rebirth.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    Giving this a try. You guys hero or villain? Does it matter?

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. deama Arbiter

deama
    Ok, well I just started on the rebirth and I thought it was going to be very similiar, but no, the rebirth one just feels better? Like, I'm enjoying it more; though maybe cause I went with a different build? Idk

If you're going homecoming then start with blue, that's where most people seem to go to, at least for the EU servers. It doesn't matter though cause you can talk to an npc and change.

If on rebirth you'll have to go through a big chain quest to switch sides, there also might a cooldown on that too.

^ Top  
  6. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    The community is a lot better. I had a blast grouping with people yesterday.

It works like on live, so you can only get 5 tips per 20 hours, and it takes 10 tips to change your alignment. So it'd be 6 days to go from full hero to full villain, or vice versa, although you can start grouping with the other faction once you're a rogue/vigilante and that only takes one shift and you technically switch sides at 2 shifts.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Alignment

I'm blueside on Rebirth, if there's enough interest we can set up a supergroup or whatever.

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    I've got a blue on Rebirth, name's Brudda. It's the most uncreative character you can imagine. I hit things.

What's the Praetor/Loyalist stuff about? I made a character in that city too, Praetor side. Is there any reason to play the one over the other? I mean hero/villain versus praetor/loyalist.

^ Top  
  8. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    That's referred to as goldside; it's their alternate reality where the heroes are evil and they formed an oppressive authoritarian dictatorship. The lore and missions are kind of interesting from what I remember; you play your first 20 levels there and then are forced to pick either hero or villain, although you can go right back because there are 20-30 and 30-40 zones in Praetoria. But the mobs there are jerks with -regen and -stamina which is kind of a dick thing to do to low level players, and hardly anybody does goldside because they don't get access to Death From Below which is how everybody gets their first 10-20 levels nowadays.

Anyway it's worth doing once or twice if you care about the universe, but I'd just stick to the main game if you just want to play.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    Ey are these quests NOT linear? Dr. Graves in eviltown is telling me i failed some kind of competition

^ Top  
  10. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    So is this better than DCUO? :troll:

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. deama Arbiter

deama
    Mostly, yes, though travel powers can't go as fast as in DCUO.

^ Top  
  12. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Just checked the CoH wiki, does not seem like there is an archetype for high tech power armor heroes.

^ Top  
  13. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    yeah there is? It's called: make your costume look like power armor

• Yes Yes x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Archetypes are more about what you want to do, not how you do it. You could easily make a technology blaster and deck him out in power armor costume pieces, or whatever.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Power Armor would be someone who has good offense and defense. From what I can gather Blaster would be a glass cannon. Funny enough Champions Online has an archetype with that exact name and theme. Too bad the game is so heavily fortified behind a paywall that it is hardly worth the effort downloading, which is why I stopped many years ago after only a few hours.

^ Top  
  16. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Theres the sentinel in i25, which has acess to primary ranged and secondary defensive. Its pretty much ironman.

^ Top  
  17. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    So a brute basically.

^ Top  
  18. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Brute is mostly melee so no.

^ Top  
  19. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    I will give this a try. Are you guys all on the same server?

^ Top  
  20. deama Arbiter

deama
    Some are on homecoming, some are in rebirth I think. I switched back over to homecoming cause after talking to the community for a bit, I got the impression they aren't going to change much if anything in the rebirth server. For example I got bashed for mentioning that the travel powers were too slow and a cap increase would be nice. Plus homecoming is more populated, especially if you're in US.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    I'm from Europe though.

^ Top  
  22. deama Arbiter

deama
    Homecoming is still more popular in europe.

^ Top  
  23. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    It's your loss if you want to play on Homecoming. While they're probably going to be able to make changes in the future, they have a much smaller coding team, and the whole point of the i24 codebase is that it's open source and it's being developed with future content and expandability in mind. The idea is that this new codebase will allow server creators to set up things pretty much however they want, including making it easy to add mods and new missions, taskforces, etc, although they're still at the point where SCORE has more features. As you'd expect since it had an 8 year head start. But somebody is going to make an i24 funserver with an insane xp rate and travel powers turned up 500% or something, just give it time.

Also homecoming is run by a bunch of dicks who think the game should be trivially easy so if you're on that side, I guess you can fuck off and play with them.

^ Top  
  24. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Is the paragon wiki a good source of information for CoH? Or is the other one better?

^ Top  
  25. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Installed the game, past midnight now, after reading on the wikis I think I am going with a Gravity/Time controller in a power suit after a good nights sleep.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)