Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codex Gamescom 2016 lineup is here!

Which pieces of coverage are you most interested in?

• Total voters

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ELEX. Ask how melee will be balanced when ranged sci-fi weapon "realistically" should be the end all weapon.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Never got a satisfactory answer.

ELEX:
With the recent upsurge in the popularity of xenial games, it's easy to see why Piranha Bytes is creating a xenia-focused title - what is your plan to make ELEX really stand out in the current xenium-saturated market? I think we can all agree that one can't have too many options in xenioid gaming today, but aren't you worried about the current glut of xenii? How many of the dev team are xenios themselves? Would you describe today's gaming climate to be a xeniorum?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Quite right, Zombra. I'd have to write that one down though.

I've added Endless Space 2 to the list of games we'll try to play in the public hands-on booth. A much better use of our time than sitting through a presentation that'll get uploaded on youtube anyway, imho.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brian Fargo:
In April 2013, gamesradar+ quoted you as saying with regards to console development, "It’s certainly possible and technically feasible; however, we’ve gone to the crowd and they’ve given us money for a very specific purpose, which is to put our games on the PC, Mac and Linux. So that’s where we’re expending 100% of our efforts. We don’t spend any of our time wondering whether it can or can’t be done on consoles, because that isn’t our charter. Our charter is to deliver these first versions". How do you reconcile this statement with the recent announcement that TTON will have a day one cross-platform release?

Last edited:

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
To the Mount and Blade guy

Many people are put off from the premise by the difficulty to properly control combat motions. Why does he stick to a complicated system that distract from the large scale battles and make melee formations impossible, instead of going for more natural control scheme like other melee focused game.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
To Brian conman Fargo

What does he have to say to those accusing him of having conned the cRPG audience into financing games for the console crowd?

Does he feel that he went back on his pitch of focusing on hardcore, old school RPGs geared for computers?

Well, the most burning TToN question is are they using publisher's money to fund console porting (in b4 some 'dex tard chiming in and telling me that Unity has innate multi-platform support, not releasing that they still need to change interface to accommodate for gamepads, and probably mechanics too). The second question is, what mechanical changes will co-development for consoles bring (I'm interested if they can tell with a straight face "None whatsoever!").

As for Expeditions: Viking, I'm interested what will the Norse religion's role in gameplay, can we make a blood eagle, for example, and what will it give us gameplay-wise.

The Guild 3, oh my. I guess I can only hope that it won't be outsourced to Indians, like that G2 addon. My question is, will be the ingame time slower-paced than in Guild 2, or not. (I would really like it to be slower paced, it was kinda ridiculous that so much ingame time passed when my char just walked to the other end of the settlement.)

Mount and Blade: Bannerlord. I have only one question - when.

Kingdom Kong: Delivery Man :)lol:), my main two questions whether the final version combat will improve upon beta one, and what is the role of player's feedback in it. The second question is technical - will there be engine optimization, and what plans Warhorse has so that process won't hurt the graphics.

Vampyr - I want to know if any of devs played World of Darkness games, be it both, or oWoD, or nWoD. If they have played them, then have they influenced the game in some way.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
please ask the styx devs how the boss battles are gonna be. it is more like head - to head combat, or some puzzle/sneaky boss where you can lure them into a trap, drop a giant chandelier on their eye(s) and sneak to stick a dynamite up their ass.

also, multiplayer. how is it gonna work.

daedalic:
-what happened to the devil's men?:M
-will state of mind have puzzles
-what do they think of transitioning the puzzle design from their usual classic 2D to 3D (if it have puzzles)

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Please ask Brian Fargo when we can expect Wasteland 3. What would he change compared to W2?
Regarding TToN, are there any plans for an expansion? All the stretch goals will be implemented?

deuxhero

Arcane
For the Larian interview, ask if that infamous "why aren't women backing us" thing actually resulting in any changes to the game.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Please, tell us that everything we know about The Whispered World 2 is a lie and it will remain clean from the Telltale corruption. Otherwise, be a true kodexian and behead them on the spot. Deus vult and so on.

ArchAngel

Arcane
As for Demons Age, ask them if the full game will have mid and high level abilities and spells implemented.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
+1 for End State here. It's the first game after many years that looks like it could approach the JA2 feeling.

Also for Fargo: Would he/they consider a "Wasteland Tactics" kind of game? As in the player controls the whole Ranger Citadel and sends squads to complete missions etc. It's a personal dream to see sth like that heh.

Also DOS2 even though I know I'll be hated for this: Will there be controller support and therefore couch co-op? It's not easy having two expensive PCs to enjoy the game with the spouse.

I also would like to see some gameplay impressions from Regalia, I want to know just how FFT we are talking abour here

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Added End State to the OP. The presentation includes a hands-on with an "early build".

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Added Dawn of War 3 to the list of games with public hands-ons.
Yes Please.

I want to know EVERYTHING. Please make sure to ask the developers why they replaced the voice actor for Gabriel Angelos. I assume hands on demo will be some sort of space marines vs AI, but hopefully there will be base building. Are there still power generators? How many buildings per tech level, and how many are optional? Army wide upgrades or only squad (like making one squad carry plasma weapons instead of bolters). And how does orbital construction and drop pods work?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom