Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codex Gamescom 2016 lineup is here!

Which pieces of coverage are you most interested in?

• Total voters

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Demon's Age looks interesting. Although the video is basically a compilation of combats with animals and barrel looting, it does seem like I could like it

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It's Demons Age, not Demon's Age. There's probably an in-depth story reason for that.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, right. So the story revolves around the fact that Demons actually age like everyone else, contrary to public opinion? :M

$

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I like the Crime / Sentence backgrounds - I wonder how deeply it's integrated in the game / story and how it will work with custom characters (not the remade ones from the demo).

Lucky

Arcane
Pathologic Remake.

Firstly, your decision to do a kickstarter in order to obtain enough funds to perfect Pathologic makes me wonder: do you have a vision of an 'ultimate' game that you are steadily building towards realising by accruing more funds and skills with each game? If so, is this game Pathologic itself or something else?

Secondly, I think you did the right thing in calling this a reimagining rather than a remake and it made me curious about whether you have similar plans for your other works, because you feel like you haven't fully explored their potential and facets, or whether you would prefer to work on something new when the time comes?

Lastly, a more boring question, but will we ever see anything of the "Termitary & Abattoir" and "A Small Prequel" stretch goals make it into the game despite it not achieving those goals? Possibly as expansion if the game itself is successful enough to warrant it? I'd hate to miss out on any scrap of Pathologic, so I'm still hopeful that we might still see them implemented one day.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Bubbles: We also got one question about the game from our community...

Regalia dev: You actually had two: one about the Vita port and one about the similarities to FFT. Let me start with FFT...

People warned me about this, but I thought it was terribly unlikely. Should have known that a Polish RPG dev would be a lurker.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Don't know if Elex already happened, but if not (and in case you meet any of the devs) :

- Will there be different endings?
- Does chosing the different factions have any impact on the main story?

Tyranny:

If possibru just check how much c&c is really there!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Check out also the UBOOT game from Deep Sea Water Studio!?

http://www.subsim.com/2016/preview_uboot.php

Too late!

We have successfully completed our Gamescom schedule; the only cancelled appointment was for The Dwarves, whose presenters regretfully told us that they had accidentally "triple-booked" the slot (!) and had decided to give the half hour to Gamestar instead of us (!!). However, they also immediately offered to reschedule us (sadly impossible). There are far worse ways of cancelling a presentation.

On the flipside, Joe Madureira talked to us for 35 minutes and told us that he's a big Baldur's Gate fan. Too bad that neither I nor Jarl recognized him, even though he probably has the highest mainstream name recognition of anyone we'll ever meet at Gamescom :shittydog:

Last edited:

Space Insect

Arcane
Too late!

We have successfully completed our Gamescom schedule; the only cancelled appointment was for The Dwarves, whose presenters regretfully told us that they had accidentally "triple-booked" the slot (!) and had decided to give the half hour to a Tier 1 instead of us (!!).

Fixed. Can you get an interview out of them since you didn't get the presetation?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Please ask the executive producer of Masquerada why they're associating with such an awful controversial person like Lesifoere Venesa "Benjanun Sriduangkaew."

Done, though I simply asked what their connection was.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Watch have revealed their swag haul:

Was the Codex able to keep pace? Keep an eye on the front page over the next few weeks/months to find out!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Farming simulator t-shirt

:greatjob:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom