Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes - real-time co-op isometric dungeon crawler

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
Looks shitty and boring.

Man, I wish Daedalic would make another Dark Eye game. RPG or adventure. don't care. I'm not picky at this point.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dark Eye is a bad system.

It's a great system to keep autistic german kids with behavioural problems busy, so their parents can be more productive workers!
It really depends on what you're looking for in a pnp system.
If you want to run a D&D style game where the group hops from one fight to the next, with the occasional 'social encounter' in between, Dark Eye would be a horrible, unfun choice.
If you're interested in roleplaying in and exploring an incredibly detailed, diverse world with a system that has rules for everything from a vast magical system over horse trading to resolving IT intercourse, it shines.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Release in June 9th.

The trailer is trying hard to hide gameplay:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...Eye_Book_of_Heroes_to_be_released_in_June.php

The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes to be released in June

Munich, April 28, 2020 | The time for breathtaking adventures in the darkest Aventurian dungeons is near: The fantasy co-op multiplayer role-playing game The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes by Random Potion and Wild River Games will be released on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 for PC at a price of 29.99 EUR on Steam.

In The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes, players create and develop their own characters, adding a unique backstory to their hero before they set out to seek their fortune in groups of up to four players. The gameplay is based on a thorough recreation of the largest German role-playing ruleset The Dark Eye. It allows the players to experience a captivating adventure that creates a real pen&paper atmosphere in the fantastic universe of one of the most famous and storied role-playing games of all time.

"The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes has everything that makes for a good role-playing game and it's simply fun; we're very proud of that," says Marc Wardenga, Managing Director of Wild River Games, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Telepool Group. "One of our primary objectives was to be in tune with the great tradition of The Dark Eye world. We are sure that the fans and all those who love great fantasy RPGs will love our game."

"What was most important to us was to create a compelling multiplayer gaming experience that feels like real pen&paper. The world of Aventuria is the perfect setting for this because it is so rich and has inspired us beyond measure. We are very pleased with the result," says Arto Koistinen, creative director at Random Potion.

The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes | Key Features
  • Exciting multiplayer co-op mode with up to 4 players
  • Singleplayer mode with 8 individual storylines and personal quests
  • Authentic roleplaying experience through a consistent adaptation of pen&paper rules
  • Randomly generated adventures and maps for endless replayability
  • 4 playable species: elves, half elves, dwarves and humans
  • 12 playable professions, e.g. Assassin, Mercenary, Blessed One of Rondra, Knight or Black Magician
  • Pen&paper style fighting system
  • Extensive character development with hand-painted Inrah cards
  • Crafting of weapons and equipment
  • Legendary and rare items
  • Personal treasure chest for own items
  • Based on the popular The Dark Eye rulebook (5th edition)
  • Original world map of the Aventurian Middle Kingdom
More information about The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes is available on the Wild River webseite, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Sign up here to add The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes to your wishlist on Steam.

Silly Germans

I wouldn't mind another game like Drakensang : The River of Time.
That was actually a pretty good game and had one of the better rtwp
implementations.
Did it bomb or did Radon Labs go down the drain for other reasons ?

Morkar Left

I wouldn't mind another game like Drakensang : The River of Time.
That was actually a pretty good game and had one of the better rtwp
implementations.
Did it bomb or did Radon Labs go down the drain for other reasons ?

It did bomb. They weren't able to make a profit. They turned into making an online game without the TDE license. But also called Drakensang.
I didn't like the rtwp combat (too much running around Benny Hill style) and the restricted party but otherwise a pretty good adventure.

Dodo1610

Arcane
With Drakensang River of time, they invested a lot of money into the game with full voice acting, open-world with NPC routines and even motion captured cutscenes to gain mainstream attention. That meant that it had to sell well outside Germany and The dark eye's biggest issue is that isn't very popular outside Germany. The predecessor Drakensang was a small hit in despite being a cheaply made. River of time sold even better than it's predecessor at released here but in the rest of the world did not care and Dargon Age Origins was only released 3 months prior...
Worst of all their publisher DTP (They also responsible for nearly bankrupting Larian after the successful Divinity 2) was already running out of money and didn't want to give them money for Drakensang 3. Radon labs couldn't find a new publisher fast enough which ultimately meant insolvency.

Sadly as long as shovelware like this gets the official license means, that we won't be getting a TDE CRPG any time soon. Seriously anyone who looks at this screenshot from Steam and still wants to spend money on this in 2020 needs a legal guardian.
ss_01c90490f8d3d1d5ac31e227f7c2e8d1a0d53113.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
With Drakensang River of time, they invested a lot of money into the game with full voice acting, open-world with NPC routines and even motion captured cutscenes to gain mainstream attention. That meant that it had to sell well outside Germany and The dark eye's biggest issue is that isn't very popular outside Germany. The predecessor Drakensang was a small hit in despite being a cheaply made. River of time sold even better than it's predecessor at released here but in the rest of the world did not care and Dargon Age Origins was only released 3 months prior...
Worst of all their publisher DTP (They also responsible for nearly bankrupting Larian after the successful Divinity 2) was already running out of money and didn't want to give them money for Drakensang 3. Radon labs couldn't find a new publisher fast enough which ultimately meant insolvency.

Sadly as long as shovelware like this gets the official license means, that we won't be getting a TDE CRPG any time soon. Seriously anyone who looks at this screenshot from Steam and still wants to spend money on this in 2020 needs a legal guardian.

I'm guessing you want 3D, animated red lizards and shit.

The actual real problem being this kind of shit is now the standard.
Oh, i want to color my pants and i want my character to have a hitler mustache ...

Fucking inbred retards ...

Anyway, to me it looks better than most 3D "color your pants" part of every character creation i had to endure (i just hit randomize or go with the default when i can)

Ninjerk

Arcane

Literally :abyssgazer: :lol:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yeah,good luck selling DY to kwanza bushmens,people that inject themself with disinfectants hardly could comprehend DY system lol. It is really sad because DY is a lot more interesting than D&D and river of times top tier RPG :(.

AliceAlcina

Learned

I want still buy it. I know it will suck ass, but currently, none of my highly anticipated games are buyable.

Ebonsword

Arcane
So, is this basically the Dark Eye version of Sword Coast Legends (which I actually liked, BTW) or is it more like Neverwinter Nights?

Aemar

Arcane
7u-uo-i.jpg

You know it's going to be shit when even the character models look embarrassed for taking part in this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom