Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/ds-remastered

I just saw on mine a co-worker Facebook:

4An3s.png
oKWpf.png

Will it be a PC version? Will the Codex finally reckon Dark Souls as one of the best "Action-RPG" of the last years? Will it be a shitty DLC? Will ITZ really happen and the gods are just teasing us with a great month for the Codex? Will the person who wrote "help us breakdown" fix that?

Last edited:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
dark souls is so good that even reddit gamers use it as the sole example of why games these days are still awesome and to refute any claims of decline

"Games handhold the fuck out of you these da-"
"DARK SOULS, STOP BITCHING"

"Games shove a generic plot in your face and use exposition like a fat man uses his microwa-"
"DARK SOULS NUFF SAID PERIOD"

"Games have shallow mechanics and the same fucking kind of monste-"
"HAVE YOU PLAYED DARK SOULS IT DID IT RIGHT"

Kaol

Educated
I'm still skeptical about action RPGs in general, but it depends how it is done i suppose. I liked FO:3 and FO:NV but they were first person.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'd need to get a gamepad if a PC version came out. Shit just would not work with mouse and keyboard.

Only problem with the game is the slowdowns in many areas. If that was fixed in a PC port, I'd definitely pick it up.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Yo dawg, herd u like announcements. So I announce an announcement about an announcement that will announceFUCKTHISSHIT!

praetor

Arcane
for you numbnuts that claim it wouldn't work on kb+mouse: have you ever played Blade of Darkness? it didn't have the most polished/optimized/whatever controls scheme, but it was sure as hell more than serviceable. fucking :decline:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Blade of Darkness had more difficult combat than Dark Souls too.

Unless you played as hax Amazon that is. :rpgcodex:

praetor

Arcane
Blade of Darkness had more difficult combat than Dark Souls too.

yes and no (looking at DkS from a pure melee standpoint since taking into consideration the seriously OP magic/pyro would be unfair since BoD lacks something similar). i'm replaying it now (knight & barb) with oscuro's rebalance (makes it a bit more difficult, imho). dodging, for example, doesn't give inv frames and covers much less distance and is quite a bit clunkier (not counting the amazon, of course), but it combos straight into a dodge-attack at fairly low levels making it more "combat-effective". blocking is also much less effective because of lulzy low durability of shields early on (although later they become significantly more important.. aaand they don't drain any stamina) and enemies aren't usually staggered for long. but you have a much wider variety of moves/weapon so landing hits is somewhat easier than in DkS, and some very powerful combos are quite easy to land making fights against most of the big baddies quite trivial. the only reason why i'd give a slight advantage to BoD over DkS is because it pits you more often in fights vs multiple opponents that are relatively agile, can block and have fast attacks (knights, goblins, orcs etc..) although that advantage is partially negated because enemies can damage each other so you can whittle down their health by just circling around them, and the fact that DkS has the way too easily abused backstab

Stabwound

Arcane
So is this the first time an online petition ever accomplished something?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom