Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Then stop considering the game a CRPG (no one asked you too), and you'll see he is.

Mortmal

Arcane
I see it doable with keyboard and mouse, but really really inconvenient, no seriously you will spare you some trouble just using a pad for it.
What nonsense , why should we be butthurt it goes on pc , i own every gaming platforms now, bought every games ,and played dark souls like one year before the third worlder who only own a pc(probably an obsolete one anyway). Most of the games you played recently are xbox360 ports anyway the pad is widely supported on pc, the interfaces are designed for it . And stop lieing theres almost no interest in exclusive pc gaming here 99% of the discussion is about the lastest EA, bioware and bethesda xbox game, strategy gaming forum wich is a bastion of pc gaming has little activity if any at all.
You will need psychologic and mental preparation, its nothing like those fancy next gen games, no instant regen health,no cover, save points are few and hidden, i am pretty sure most of you wont be able to finish the tutorial.
Well this has been discussed to death already just fetch the old thread if you want to know about the game, lazy bums.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Lololo Skyway you can't play it cuz it's a console exclusive that's why you hate it but you still enjoy this awesome gaem
(baaaw)

Am I really reading "lol you can't play it, it's our console exclusive" on a Codex? :lol:

no instant regen health

I admit I haven't been reading GRP/GD/ for some time but... Is having a delayed health regen - a massive achievement for retards dwelling here now? :lol:

You will need psychologic and mental preparation

Do you realize how hipster-ish this sounds?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How can anyone claim that you would "need a gamepad" to play this properly? It looks like a normal action RPG and should therefore easily be played on mouse and keyboard...

Then again, I utterly suck at using gamepads but can play pretty much anything with mouse and keyboard, even if the controls suck.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The gameplay footage for this game looks horrible! Looks like most console hach-n-slash action games being made today and if I saw "press A" and targeting circles over and over again I'd scream. I don't see the appeal of this game by you guys at all...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The gameplay footage for this game looks horrible! Looks like most console hach-n-slash action games being made today and if I saw "press A" and targeting circles over and over again I'd scream. I don't see the appeal of this game by you guys at all...

dark-souls-987132.jpg

STATS! STATS! STATS!

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Dark Souls was a pretty good game. There was a rumor about some sort of expansion a couple of months ago.
But we can still hope, was one of the greatest game experiences i had in the last years.

*Listens to the Firelink Shrine theme*

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Height in metric, weight in imperial? What the hell? o_O
We used ounces and inches in Germany in olden times and the game system tries to be old timey. I am not sure why height is in centimeters rather than inches, though.

Also, Dark Souls is the best game half the Codex will never play.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Everything that Skyshit can't play due to console-exclusivness is automatically shit. Now that it actually does get a PC release, he has to keep to his hater schtick. But secretely, he's gonna get it day 1.

...and play through it seven times.
And enjoying it but still talking shit about the game.
:roll:

I can't put my finger quite on it but somehow I find people talking shit about skyway worse than skyway talking shit about games.
Perhaps because skyway's more often right than not or because the anti-skyways try less than him...?
Dunno. *shrug*

ROFL @ suggesting imprecise gamepad controls over good ol' WASD + mouse for an aRPG. Console-fags, console-fags never change.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Gamepad controls are not imprecise, unless you're a) using a shitty pad or b) you're too retarded to use it properly.

I'm PC only gamer but I still prefer to use my 360 pad for every fucking 3rd person game out there.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah, what the Christ. "Imprecises Game Pad controls"? What the heck does that mean? Have you never used a good gamepad or played a game that was designed to take advantage of one?

Really, your stance on this one is just way off. All you see is your side; you have your mind completely shut off to the other. You could try arguments or reason but it won't help because your opinion is already set in stone. I do the same stupid shit. And it does not make me smart or anything; I just end up looking like a dumbass.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Since it is against my religion to use consoles I would consider picking up a PC version of Dark Souls but only at a reasonable price.

:incline: of Japs, if true.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Please continue to talk shit about a game you don't know anything about. Just show the world what kind of people the PCtards are.

I know that this game is being fapped to because it's a one giant QTE where you need to attack at the right time else you die. That's enough for me.

I find it funnier how chasing KKKs fags that defend this piece of shit were first all PC-elite but now they are pissing their pants because real PC gamer will have a field day with this piece of shit.

Just look at those posts "oh guys get a gamepad" - sounds like "no no you don't enjoy this game because you are not playing it The Holy Right Way" is already begun.
Wonder what you fags will be saying when adequate people will start pointing out that "ololo sudden death" is not a good design at all and that having one button to attack and one to block and that's all there's to combat is very primitive and is something straight from early NES days.

You wouldn't know a good game if it peed on your face. A lot of NES games had fantastic design: Megaman 2, Castlevania. If anything, this game is a celebration of that old spirit that has long been lost. There is no such thing as sudden death in this game. Like a very difficult shoot 'em up, everything is perfectly possible to be done on your first try if you had infinite skill. It's always fair.

It's a game for people that like... you know, console action video games. God Hand, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden... but it's also very different from those. Can't we enjoy a good thing without you taking golden showers over everything? Especially when your position is just completely unreasonable and exists for the sake of ticking someone like me off, rather than being your true, honest beliefs. Because I am sure you're way too smart to be so heavily invested in this, unlike me.

made

Arcane
Yeah, what the Christ. "Imprecises Game Pad controls"? What the heck does that mean? Have you never used a good gamepad or played a game that was designed to take advantage of one?
Mouse is more precise than analogue stick for turning in 3d games, stick is better for movement than keyboard. When movement is grid-based then Dpad/KB are more precise. Depends on game really.

This whole argument is stupid. Sane people have both and use whichever suits them better at the given time.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Right. But it's not true to say that one replaces the other. They both have uses where one is better to use than the other.

made

Arcane
Ofc

Only problem is when a game forces a sub optimal control scheme on you, because the other one is badly implemented. That's a problem with the game though, not the device.

MetalCraze

Arcane
If anything, this game is a celebration of that old spirit that has long been lost.

And good riddance. The absolute majority of NES games is shit.

Like a very difficult shoot 'em up, everything is perfectly possible to be done on your first try if you had infinite skill. It's always fair.

You don't need skill to press 1 button when the game tells you to. You need perfect reaction.

It's a game for people that like... you know, console action video games.
DMC at least has combos and fun battles. Not "wait until the enemy will play a specific animation to hit him, you can't really harm him at all other times"

It isn't like it's some game which requires you to parry and attack in many ways to catch the enemy pants down instead of a simple "press a button at the right time"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom