Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
The default controls for DS2 are crap on PC, but you can rebind them.
I rebound them to be like the setup I used for DSfix, and I had no problems with it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
DS2 has by far the most sound mechanics though?

Going just by the number of features, content, ideas, PvP and length DS2 is by far the best of the series. The only reason DS1 is widely regarded better (including me) is the level design in the 1st half of the game and the unique charm/vibe, not replicated later.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
https://steamcharts.com/cmp/570940,211420,335300#1y
zs99mgV.png

Thanks to every retard who supported the "remaster" the game is now dead.

You cannot kill something which is already dead.

I do agree that the Remastered edition is pure garbage but I don't want to call you a moron for not being able to read a simple chart.

The only thing you can say from that chart is that DK:R has temporary rekindled the interest in the game (for 3 months). That's it.

DK:R hasn't killed anything. The game is old at this point (released in Sep 2011) and everybody has already played it to death.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
watching people who never played dark souls before is so enjoyable.

He is faking it.

Edit: Not completely, it's a blind run, but he is making a lot of dumb statements and exaggerations on purpose.

I was watching this on Twitch.

Zenith

Arbiter
Is there a way to remove half-second lag between mouse click and attack in DS2?
Bind attack in-game to keyboard, then bind a mouse click to that key via third-party tool like Autohotkey. Otherwise the game's waiting to see if it's a double-click or not. Retarded as hell, but what can you do.
(disclaimer: haven't played the game since release. maybe there's a better option)

Disable the feature where a double click is a separate action from a normal click. This way it won't wait to process your single click to see whether you double click, it will just do what you tell it.

I do agree that the Remastered edition is pure garbage but I don't want to call you a moron for not being able to read a simple chart.

The only thing you can say from that chart is that DK:R has temporary rekindled the interest in the game (for 3 months). That's it.

DK:R hasn't killed anything. The game is old at this point (released in Sep 2011) and everybody has already played it to death.
So despite the fact that PTDE had thousands of players in 2013 and still had thousands through the launch of DS2 in 2014, thousands through the launch of SOTFS in 2015, thousands through the launch of DS3 in 2016 (including surviving FROMSoft killing its matchmaking servers to celebrate the occasion), thousands through Nioh's launch in 2017 and still having 4 thousand players left in early 2018 -despite not having gone on sale even once since 2016 (guess why)- somehow only then did it become decrepit and drop its population manifold (now sitting at 600). From DSRE's launch announced at the beginning of 2018 as an incompatible game to PTDE soon being removed from sale and then DSRE launching it's all just a coincidence.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

So despite the fact that PTDE had thousands of players in 2013 and still had thousands through the launch of DS2 in 2014, thousands through the launch of SOTFS in 2015, thousands through the launch of DS3 in 2016 (including surviving FROMSoft killing its matchmaking servers to celebrate the occasion), thousands through Nioh's launch in 2017 and still having 4 thousand players left in early 2018 -despite not having gone on sale even once since 2016 (guess why)- somehow only then did it become decrepit and drop its population manifold (now sitting at 600). DSRE's launch announced in early 2018 as an incompatible game and PTDE soon being removed from sale being just a coincidence.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Learn to read a simple graph.

Jan 1 - 4073 PTDE players
Apr 30 - 2742 PTDE + 24505 Remastered players. This is the day when the Remastered edition was launched.
Sep 8 - 838 PTDE + 1116 Remastered players for a total of 1954 players. The rush of nostalgia players is over.
Dec 3 - 820 PTDE + 1045 Remastered for a total of 1865 players

From Jan 1 until Apr 30 the game lost 1331 players.
From Apr 30 until Dec 3 the game lost 877 players.

The game lost more players in the first 4 months of 2018 than in the following 7 months after the Remastered was launched.

One would say that the Remastered edition managed to delay the decline in active players for like 3 months.

However a retard would say that the Remastered edition killed the game while disregarding the fact that most games launched in 2011 don't even have an active player base anymore.

Please rant more about how the game had more players in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 as it's not natural for games to have more players closer to their release date.

By the way, I'm not defending the Remastered - which is a pathetic cash grab - but you have to be delusional to believe that the Remastered edition killed the game (with intention or not).

baturinsky

Arcane

Disable the feature where a double click is a separate action from a normal click. This way it won't wait to process your single click to see whether you double click, it will just do what you tell it.

It's impossible. I have removed double click bindings, but lag still persist. Using external hack kinda helps, but prevents using mouse for anything else (such as menus, shift-clicks etc)

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remember that you have to turn on the "disable double click" option again every time you restart the game or go back to the main menu.

sullynathan

Arcane

It's impossible. I have removed double click bindings, but lag still persist. Using external hack kinda helps, but prevents using mouse for anything else (such as menus, shift-clicks etc)
I swear, there is some mod or file change to fix the problem you're speaking of because I had it too.

Zenith

Arbiter
prevents using mouse for anything else (such as menus, shift-clicks etc)
These are all possible with AHK.
FWIW, here's the script I used, should give you an idea of how you'd set it up. But again, it's from 5 years ago, definitely no warranties.
; script assumes ingame bindings:
; F=attack, H=guard, T=strong, U=parry, O=lock on, E=interact
; IJKL-camera left default, arrow keys left default

#IfWinActive ahk_class DarkSouls2
#NoEnv
#UseHook
#SingleInstance Force
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%

;f1 - suspend script (when talking to NPCs)
f1::suspend

;lmb=f - mainhand attack, menus
$LButton:: send {F down} {LButton down}
$LButton up:: send {F up} {LButton up}

;rmb=h - guard/offhand attack, menus
$RButton:: send {H down} {RButton down}
$RButton up:: send {H up} {RButton up}

;shift+lmb=t - mainhand strong attack
+LButton::T

;shift+rmb=u - parry/offhand strong attack
+RButton::U

;ctrl+rmb=-> - swap right hand
^RButton::RIGHT

;ctrl+lmb=<- - swap left hand
^LButton::LEFT

;mmb=o - lock on
MButton::O

;e=e+enter - confirmation dialogs
$e:: send {E down} {ENTER down}
$e up:: send {E up} {ENTER up}

;c=l - cycle lock on
c::L

;2=w+t (macro) - jump attack
2::
send {W down}
sleep 20
send {T down}
sleep 20
send {W up} {T up}
return

It's not the binding, there's also a literal setting in one of the menus that turns on or off whether double click bindings are even possible. At least in SotFS, I'm not sure if it exists in the original.

Beggar

Cipher
I dex it in order to use black knight halberd - the best weapon in the game, you faggots. In your beloved DS2 you can level up strength and be happy, not here. You should invest your souls in vitality and endurance.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Give baldness and chronic penis shrinkage to everyone responsible for the Remaster.

EDIT: Also to everyone who bought that scammy PoS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom