Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Beggar

Cipher
Everything is great. Send me a graphic card so I can play it. Haven't played it since I melted it in the summer

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Ask me anything about DS1. I'm god there

did u lvl dex?

I level dex as soon as possible to 18 and leave it there
You shouldn't be telling people you're a dexfag. You should rethink your life

What a bunch of idiots. Reads one word and yells loudly. IT'S FOR THE BLACK KNIGHT HALBERD!
Oh no the Black Knight Halberd isn't even mentioned as much as "GET A BOW, ARROWS AND GET THE DRAKE SWORD. IT'S ALL YOU'LL EVER NEED" then you get summoned by some fag running with the Drake Sword and wonders why he needs to summon because he's hardly doing any damage

Beggar

Cipher
Black Knight Sword is also great. I really like to go and create a new character>darkroot basin>take out the black knight and hope he drops black knight halberd>great hollow and kill for twinkling titanites>upgrade weapon to max at new londo ruins>tomb of the giants for a serpent ring and then smash smash everything till the end of the game with soul gain boost

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just went back and starting playing the first dark souls again and I was never really that good at the game so I found this guide really helpful.

Can't tell if that video is serious or mocking. Calls itself a tutorial for beginners yet it's clearly a high-leveled guy with 5x the health and stamina of the average starting character. You can see him eat a riposte and his health bar barely budges.

"Now that does split damage which is extremely useful in this game" - 4:20.

Just poking around the video and there's constantly stuff... off.

EDIT: OK, there's too much wrong. Great joke though. Just sort of subtly saying bullshit that sounds reasonable unless you've actually played Dark Souls.

Last edited:

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So a while ago I managed to get DS Remastered on PS4 for $18 used on ebay, so I went for it since the regular edition I have on steam has not been cooperating with my computer. I started one character and made it all the way to anor londo and beat O&S. That took about 5-6 tries until I somehow got straight up lucky. I have decided to try something else for the moment.

It was an interesting experience going into the catacombs at such a low level with an un-upgraded morning star as my main weapon. I think I may have had the luckiest experience in the catacombs ever though. I kept getting 1k souls randomly and the only enemy I know of in the catacombs that drops that many are the mages so I think a few of them offed themselves before I even got close. Then the last one I fought before vamos dropped the lantern. Now I'm taking a break for the night at andre and I have a fire zweihander. So far it's straight up hilarious.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So a while ago I managed to get DS Remastered on PS4 for $18 used on ebay, so I went for it since the regular edition I have on steam has not been cooperating with my computer. I started one character and made it all the way to anor londo and beat O&S. That took about 5-6 tries until I somehow got straight up lucky. I have decided to try something else for the moment.

It was an interesting experience going into the catacombs at such a low level with an un-upgraded morning star as my main weapon. I think I may have had the luckiest experience in the catacombs ever though. I kept getting 1k souls randomly and the only enemy I know of in the catacombs that drops that many are the mages so I think a few of them offed themselves before I even got close. Then the last one I fought before vamos dropped the lantern. Now I'm taking a break for the night at andre and I have a fire zweihander. So far it's straight up hilarious.

Giant Dad is for fags

Hyperion

Arcane
Giantdad is 2nd only to the tr00 best gaming dad.

234373-399644-ghostdadpng-noscale.jpg

Black Angel

Arcane

Giant Dad is for fags traps

Fixed for accuracy

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Giant Dad is for fags traps

Fixed for accuracy

Traps = are gay = fags

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

• [*]New game progression
    • Forget what you know about exploring Lordran. New world-changing events, key items, and unexpected pathways await you.
    [*]New bosses and enemies
    • Triumph in new boss battles, most of which are designed to promote novel gameplay rather than sheer increased difficulty. Encounter new enemies on your journey – including enemies restored from cut content – and watch many old bosses and enemies behave in new ways.
    [*]New NPCs and storylines
    • Meet new characters with brand new questlines, which will intersect in numerous unpredictable ways as your journey continues. Even the stories of familiar characters may take unexpected turns.
    [*]New weapons, items, and mechanics
    • Discover new weapons with brand new abilities, many of which will require keen insights and careful consideration to master. Most existing equipment will not be exactly the way you remember.
    [*]Expanded lore
    • Learn more about Lordran's past from new item descriptions and gameplay events. (All new content is written to build upon the lore of the original game, rather than conflict with it.)
    [*]New secrets
    • Don't expect to come anywhere close to unveiling all of the game's hidden content in one or two play-throughs.
Holy shit that looks like a total conversion mod. I think Rekindled and Reborn just shuffled up item and bonfire locations. This looks way more involved.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1524?tab=description

Anyone tried this? I play DS like From intended, on a PS3, but if someone made some interesting changes to, say, Izalith, I'd be willing to check it out. (But yes, without new map assets this has to be difficult...)

I started it earlier and just called it a day after about three hours of playtime and I'm thoroughly impressed so far. The progression through the individual levels is different, you visit areas in a different order, there's already a bunch of new secrets, new items, new mechanics and new bosses. Granted, it's all old assets, but whoever made this mod got creative with it, without sacrificing the Souls feeling.

Take this all with a grain of salt, since I'm not very far into the game. Who knows, if the quality permeates throughout the entire thing, but so far, I'd recommend this to anybody who is a Souls fan.

tl;dr it's kinda like Scholar of the First Sin, except it's not absolute dogshit.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Thank you very much. Do you really need to install this on top of the vanilla game? Can you use this DSfix people seem to like? (Only played the PS3 version so far.)

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thank you very much. Do you really need to install this on top of the vanilla game? Can you use this DSfix people seem to like? (Only played the PS3 version so far.)

You should start off with a fresh install. You can use DSFix, EDIT: You don't need DSFix, the mod comes with it prepacked but you should install it before unpacking it with this (you need to unpack it or the mod won't install) and then install the mod over it.

Also, according to the readme, your old vanilla saves won't work with the mod, and will become incompatible with vanilla.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I think the mod backs up a bunch of shit, maybe even vanilla saves.

Also, make sure to grab the patch for the mod from the download files.

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the mod backs up a bunch of shit, maybe even vanilla saves.

Also, make sure to grab the patch for the mod from the download files.

Yeah, it makes a pre-DoA backup, but it doesn't seem to back up your saves from what I can see. And thanks for the heads up, had no idea there was a new patch (I downloaded it a few days ago and only installed it today)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom