Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Beggar

Cipher
Just wait for him to dive and be under his tail. But yeah, if you're not using weapon of strength , your task will require fuckton of time to dodge in order to wait for those dive bombs

praetor

Arcane
i always found Priscilla's tail waaaay more difficult than Kalameet's. she dies way too easy, her tail hitbox is tiny, disappears and turns around constantly... she's just a colossal pain in the behind if you want her tail (thankfully, the tail has low HP so you can use a low damage weapon to make sure you don't kill her before you get it, but still...)

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Muhahaha, i got the damn tail. Six hits, using two hands no less (my weapon does 63 dmg one handed, would have taken me a dozen hits). Best way is to run towards him when he dives with the shield up instead of dodging the dive. You don't get hit too hard and it always puts you in a position for the tail attack. Switch to two hands, wait for it to come down, dodge it, hit and run. The biggest problem was waiting for him to dive. It just took forever (he REALLY seems to like that fire attack where he pans in an arc. One time he did that SEVEN TIMES and then instead of diving he plunged and almost clawed me to death as i my brain was wondering out of boredom) and as soon as i got the tail i suicided as i had no will left to take him down. Ought to be easier to kill him than get the damn tail, that's for sure.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Getting his tail is generally a test of endurance. I usually like to get stamina regen items on me. MoC, Cloranthy Ring and GGS and just toy with him at mid range until he does the thing, and I chope it off.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao Manu is kicking my ass. I saved Sif but i don't want to summon him, gotta do this myself. I seriously do not remember the DLC bosses being so problematic.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lmao Manu is kicking my ass. I saved Sif but i don't want to summon him, gotta do this myself. I seriously do not remember the DLC bosses being so problematic.
Nothing in the vanilla is even close to the DLC bosses. Manu was destroying me but he went down fast once I upgraded and equipped a high stability shield, Balder's I think.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm going to try getting in as a white phantom so i can study him better. Seems like he works the opposite of other "big" bosses. Stay away during his swings, but get close when he casts spells. Except for that one time where those black balls of energy started falling like rain instead of imploding into him and killed me anyway lul. Fucking From Software really thought about everything.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Divine Claymore, with 42 faith so far. Split damage lmao.

I got down his physical attacks perfectly, but his spells get me every time. He has three kinds that i can see, a raining attack where distance doesn't matter, a circle of balls which are instant death unless i'm close, and a straight volley of balls that are instant death if i AM close (and they still hurt a ton even if i'm far) and i can't tell either attack apart. If one doesn't get me the other does and vice versa. I'm guessing people just kill him before getting there?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i can't tell apart his casting animations and i get one shotted by anything he casts except the rain attack, which is easy enough to dodge. How do you deal with the other two? The only way to avoid the circle of homing balls is to stand close to him but in the chaos of the fight that's not always easy to accomplish and often i run to him when i see him cast and instead i got that shotgun blast of black balls in the face, and i die, shield up and full health and stamina no less.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm checking some videos of people dodging his spells, and they are all doing it with fast roll and ninja flip. I'm on medium roll no wonder i can't dodge shit.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I remember the first few times I was able to block with a shield and it only staggered me. Then all of a sudden it would go threw my shield and one shot me. Never made any sense to me.

Beggar

Cipher
None of the DLC bosses are good with shield. It's all learning their attack patterns and rolling.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
None of the DLC bosses are good with shield. It's all learning their attack patterns and rolling.
No, Manus is easy with a shield (plus the pendant ofc). I had maybe 20 runs at him trying to learn and roll, even summoned poor old wolfie, but then I fully upgraded the Balder's shield and he went down first try.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I guess it depends on what kind of stats or gear you have. I purposely tried to keep myself low because the last time i finished the game i found the challenge was gone, but i guess i overdone it. Last time i killed him i was level 91 with a +15 weapon on a str/dex build. This time it seems my split damage weapon for instance barely scratches him and even my great lighting spear does little over 100 dmg.

At 40 faith my divine claymore does 63 dmg 1h. At 42 it does 81, i guess i could take it to 50 but i think i'll try like this. Almost did it with the pendant so it's doable without having to end up over leveled again.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i killed him with the pendant. Maybe my reflexes suck but with medium roll i can't dodge his spells and i can't block them either so fuck it.

But now i got another problem. When i killed him i saw the body of the girl on the floor, but i had to quit for a second and when i came back she was gone? I talked to the mushroom lady and she tells me i saved the girl, but where is she now?

[EDIT] Apparently i can summon her again in the garden. Good, cause i gotta murder her.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I'm guessing they made him challenging for the ninja rollers and put the pendant in there for the fat ass rollers.

Now i gotta kill that dragon than go on a murder spree through the whole game before taking this character to NG+. I'll park it there and move on to Dark Souls 2.

Gentle Player

Arcane
I think i found the single hardest boss in the game. Kalameet's tail. And i don't even plan of using the sword, is just the OCD of doing everything.

Naturally, I managed to get it (and the Guardian's tail) entirely by accident without really trying, but whenever I deliberately try to get them I always have to give up.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Wow, last boss was a bit of a push over compared to the ones from the DLC. Took me forever to kill Kalameet but the last boss had way less health and i was able to instantly cheese it by circling around some rocks lmao, wasn't even trying to cheat the boss just wanted to check out his move set but as soon as i saw how quickly his health was going down i figured fuck it, let's get it over with.

Grimlorn

Arcane
His dark bead attack shoots in all directions and I didn't know you could ninja roll through it or about the pendant. You can only block if you can't roll out of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom